What is this Snake?

From the head shape, pattern/colouring and body shape I offer a 90% guess at a juvenile python.

Looks darker than a Burmese Python so I would guess Reticulated Python.

Compare with some other pictures on-line - you are best placed to do an A - B comparison.

oh sh-t we had one in our garden last week,i managed to get him out before our dog gave him his last rites.

no wonder i couldnt find any info on it wasnt looking at baby pythons.

it was black and shiny,under body white ish,over a metre long.

where's his mum and dad.

Thanks to your comments.

We had a beauty we had a few years back...i guess it was a burmese python.

Did it have a WP4 for hunting within Thailand's national boarders ?

(Burmese: Agreed it has the lighter patterned skin tones)

Sorry, I disagree about the snake in the first photos. Looks like a Common Wolf Snake (Lycodon aulicus) to me. Nothing to worry about (particularly now it's been squished).

i at first thought it was one of them until i read [siam info] that they only grow up to 50cms[20inches]

the only other one i looked at was the red thailed pipe snake,but the one in our garden was at least a mtr.and no stripes under the body.

someone is going to tell me how to post photo's please.

....could be - close up of the head and section of the body pattern will tell for sure.

I didn't think the distinction of light vs dark was was that strong.

Would be good if there were tips on how to take meaningful photographs in the section about uploading images - dark, out of focus or distance images often mean something to the uploader but are very hard for people that are expected to comment on walls, roofing and snakes as we see here.

Wolf snake!

I had a 2.5 meter reticulated python on my front porch last night! Relocated it to the sunflower field next door. I'm not sure who was more afraid, my dogs that were barking at it from a safe distance, my wife who was inside the house yelling at me or the snake who got himself cornered.

I would have tried to take a picture but the snake and the dogs who wanted to eat it, once I picked it up, were too much and my wife wouldn't come out until it was long gone. It looked like the one pictured in post #6.

Many thanks to everyone.

So opinions are, it is a:

Reticulated python

or

Common Wolf Snake (Lycodon aulicus)

or

Common Wolf Snake (Lycodon capucinus)

Consensus is?

Wolf Snake!

(but Lycodon capucinus not aulicus as Goshawk pointed out - originally I just copied down its old name by mistake, sorry)