Issan girls good or bad

RandomSand

--- ANNOUNCEMENT --

"My original post" at the start of this thread was copied from one of the earliest threads available in this forum (2003) here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1073-issan-girls-good-or-bad/

Thanks all who responded. It will be interesting to compare how perspectives might have changed over ten years.

-RandomSand-

I suspect very little!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are we finding and comparing good and bad just within Thailand. Let's talk about every single street of the world.. There is a bad and a good in every 10 yards of this globe... By the way before we pug our nose into searching and pointing others good or bad we should see what category are we in ..

I'd say they're definitely pretty good...

Except for the ones who kill their farang husbands, cut up and bbq the dead flesh with the help of their Thai husband and/or BF, and then feed the ex's flesh to the animals. blink.png

... do you mean they should give them a decent burial instead ? whistling.gif

I met my first wife in yasothon province in 1964, no sick buffalos her dad was puyai ban, we married early 1966, sadly british govt ballsed up her visa wouldn't let her into uk,I got posted to Baor couldn't take her with me ,the marriage was annulled in68 ,she remarried an American dentist in ubon in 72, moved to Chicago with him, we are still good friends,and my inlaws are my family and also my best friends in Thailand, so I guess yes I do like and trust Isaan folk,

Sorry my friend the British Embassy didn't balls up the visa application it was clearly flawed in some respect. Her US application must have been more substantial. The US embassy is very precise in their requirements too.

My girlfriend is from Issan. She is a sporty type but has no idea how to cook. She thought a frying pan was an iron tennis raquet.They seem to eat food from the street vendors and markets.Do any of them cook at home? How do they expect tourists to come back to Thailand if they treat them as walking ATM machines.They spend millions of baht to publicise the land of smiles then when tourists come here they rip them off. This will be disasterous in the long run and self defeating for Thailand.But a must say my Issan girlfriend is a very nice girl.I dropped a 500bt note on the pavement without knowing and she picked it up and gave it back to me.This must be a collectors piece in Thailand,

Well RandomSand, my first question to you is, What BREED are you? are you "purebred," "mongrel" or what? Obviously whatever BREED you are, you lack Decent Breeding with comments such as yours.

Second question: Where you come from, are the Girls honest or trollops?

If you care to answer the above questions, perhaps we can continue further.

My question is, "What is an ATM Machine?

ATM = Automatic Teller Machine

So, what is an Automatic Teller Machine Machine?

A Fulung cheesy.gif

or a Frang as most of you like to spell it, I prefer it the way they say it 'Fah lung' sorry about the misspelling, I just swallowed a fly that was doing the backstroke in my beer.

--- ANNOUNCEMENT --

"My original post" at the start of this thread was copied from one of the earliest threads available in this forum (2003) here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1073-issan-girls-good-or-bad/

Thanks all who responded. It will be interesting to compare how perspectives might have changed over ten years.

-RandomSand-

I think that, to answer that question, you should invite the member ...

av-629.jpg,q_r=0.pagespeed.ce.wOOzNtaZV0

maichai to participate as he is the only one from that original thread who commented and still posting.

All I can say about any Thai women is this simply and eloquently stated in the classic movie "Animal House"

Face it flound you f@cked up...you trusted us...

After more then 20 years of going to Thailand and having a Thai wife for 17 years....it was 1 trip I wish I never made

95% of the girls in pattaya or phuket (prostitute) come from isaan.they have one objective. Get what their neighbor girl got from her stupid farang house car money. ..so many of u get scammed cause u buy the girl from the first day u meet her . remember any lady in thr world who doesn't use her money on u and let u spend on her and even worse make u spend more on her is a very bad girl running with u for ur money. I have been with 129 girl in thailand during 3 years never payed 1bht and I don't even buy them food.its the opposite they do pay for my expenses.some do it from their heart and some don't. Always look at the face and the way it act when it is related to money and then u will know if this girl is decent or not.but in general what do a farang expect when he is over 40y old and running after a young girl of 20y?? Of course she will never like u.she will always love ur money and like u for ur atm but never like u for who u are.they often have a gig thai or even a gig farang and even a thai husband waiting for the big scam day.watch out from these ladies and watch out from isaan girls cause there is one think in their mind. GETTING RICH FROM A STUPID UGLY FARANG

129 Thai girls in three years? You keeping a trophy count?

Lurching from one short time girl to another says more about you and the standard of company you gravitate to than it does about Thai women in general.

For those of us who have self respect for ourselves, and an understanding of Thai culture and traditions, we know very well that the huge majority of Thai ladies are polite, conservative, caring and proud.

There are some shop girls in Isaan including 2 in a small hardware store the other day that can have me acting like the Thai guy in this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=v5Gc7TDKFa4

Pretty good. If you can understand Thai, I find many of these Thai commercials to be pretty creative and sometimes hysterical. The occasional well-placed hottie doesn't hurt either.

My GF is from Isaan. To me she is without any comparison the most honest, devoted, loyal, caring, hardworking and trustworthy woman, I have ever been in a relationship with. She is completely dedicated to our little family, her work and is an amazing mother and partner at the same time. I would not swap her for any other woman on this earth.

I believe that there are many genuine and good Isaan women out there. But like every other person in this world, they will turn "bad" if someone treats them bad and without respect.

And they are not all just about money. You just have to look the right places.

Maybe I'm missing something... but how can someone have "been with" a lady for a shorter time (5 years) than they say they've been married (six years)???

I would assume the poster means he was previously living in Thailand part time, but has been living with his wife in Thailand fulltime for the past 5 years.

I understand that someone who has been "worked " by a bar girl, in the farang tourist areas of south Thailand, think Isaan girls are bad if the only Isaan girls they have met are bar girls in the tourist areas.

It's true that most bar girls are from Isaan Thailand.

But, those who know Isaan Thailand know that most Isaan girls are not bar girls!

Most people in Isaan ( not just the girls ) are good, honest, hard working people.

I am pleased to know many as friends and family.

Mos girls here are very shy and modest.

My beautiful Isaan wife had never even kissed a man when we first met, and she was in her mid thirties at the time.

She had a good job, owned several farms and a nice home.

She was not after my money.

Now, if you had a bad experience in San Francisco , California,with a prostitute, drug addicted, thief from Los Angeles, California,would you assume all girls from Southern California were bad girls?

Enough said??

In her mid thirties and never kissed a man before !!!

Well.......ur posts get crazier by the day.

Anxiously waiting ur next one.

It seems some of you have only had some pretty bad experiences with women.

So bad that you can;t believe there are any good and honest ones out there.

Is it only Isaan women you don't trust, Thai women or women of the entire world?

I won't get into personal histories to deep, but yes, my wife is a very dedicated Buddhist woman who was raised to believe you do not have physical contact with someone of the opposite sex if you are not married.

It is the truth, and there are other Isaan girls raised the same way.

Maybe there are none in Bangkok, Phuket or Pattaya.

I don't know.

I have noticed that most of those who post negative posts about Isaan girls and the Isaan area are from other areas than Isaan.

I am sorry you have had a life that has made you so distrustful.

Maybe you still have time to find a genuinely good woman who can change your perspective.

If not in this life, maybe in the next.

Choke dee!

P.S. Have you noticed that my post has received a number of "likes"? There seem to be more who agree with me than those who have quoted and disagreed with the post.

I understand that someone who has been "worked " by a bar girl, in the farang tourist areas of south Thailand, think Isaan girls are bad if the only Isaan girls they have met are bar girls in the tourist areas.

It's true that most bar girls are from Isaan Thailand.

But, those who know Isaan Thailand know that most Isaan girls are not bar girls!

Most people in Isaan ( not just the girls ) are good, honest, hard working people.

I am pleased to know many as friends and family.

Mos girls here are very shy and modest.

My beautiful Isaan wife had never even kissed a man when we first met, and she was in her mid thirties at the time.

She had a good job, owned several farms and a nice home.

She was not after my money.

Now, if you had a bad experience in San Francisco , California,with a prostitute, drug addicted, thief from Los Angeles, California,would you assume all girls from Southern California were bad girls?

Enough said??

In her mid thirties and never kissed a man before !!!

Well.......ur posts get crazier by the day.

Anxiously waiting ur next one.

It seems some of you have only had some pretty bad experiences with women.

So bad that you can;t believe there are any good and honest ones out there.

Is it only Isaan women you don't trust, Thai women or women of the entire world?

I won't get into personal histories to deep, but yes, my wife is a very dedicated Buddhist woman who was raised to believe you do not have physical contact with someone of the opposite sex if you are not married.

It is the truth, and there are other Isaan girls raised the same way.

Maybe there are none in Bangkok, Phuket or Pattaya.

I don't know.

I have noticed that most of those who post negative posts about Isaan girls and the Isaan area are from other areas than Isaan.

I am sorry you have had a life that has made you so distrustful.

Maybe you still have time to find a genuinely good woman who can change your perspective.

If not in this life, maybe in the next.

Choke dee!

P.S. Have you noticed that my post has received a number of "likes"? There seem to be more who agree with me than those who have quoted and disagreed with the post.

Hmmm, I missed the comment "I won't get into personal histories to deep, but yes, my wife is a very dedicated Buddhist woman who was raised to believe you do not have physical contact with someone of the opposite sex if you are not married". This must be a pretty special sub section of Buddhism since in my experience they all take a very relaxed view of sex, in or out of marriage. Certainly not the Burn In Hell version of Catholicism I was raised with....although, it didn't stop me much. Well off to buy my flame proof underwear in preparation for my eternity in Hell

Hmmm, I missed the comment "I won't get into personal histories to deep, but yes, my wife is a very dedicated Buddhist woman who was raised to believe you do not have physical contact with someone of the opposite sex if you are not married". This must be a pretty special sub section of Buddhism since in my experience they all take a very relaxed view of sex, in or out of marriage. Certainly not the Burn In Hell version of Catholicism I was raised with....although, it didn't stop me much. Well off to buy my flame proof underwear in preparation for my eternity in Hell

I think it's more of an Isaan thing rather than a Buddhist thing, although Buddhism does advocate no sex before marriage.

Isaan is by default a very conservative area of Thailand, and in general the more rural you are, the more conservative it is. Although there are a lot of "bad girls" who, much to the disappointment of their grandmothers, go against their culture. Traditionally when someone gets married, they should be a virgin, although western/modern culture has blurred these lines, particularly in the urban areas.

For example, when I first started dating my gf, who was 25 at the time (so an adult already) and I was 29 (so a "normal" relationship), there was a huge amount of gossip around town because we'd been seen "holding hands" and because I visited her house for lunch (obviously inflated more than usual because I'm farang). Her mother was apparently getting quite distressed by the gossip, as she ran a small shop, so people would come in throughout the day to inform her of what they'd seen/heard (I think it was probably great for her business though lol).

Her family even thought, that when she went to Kalasin to visit a friend in hospital, that she was secretly going away with me for the weekend lol (I visited neighbouring provinces every weekend). At one point, we went to a party at my school and the party went on quite late, her mother then turned up at the school (Along with my gf's brother and 2 uncles), to make sure we were still at the party and hadn't snuck off somewhere lol. They were particularly unhappy when I told them I wanted to take her for a holiday in NZ. The only reason we were allowed any freedom, was because we had a special engagement ceremony infront of some respected village elders, which appeased the conservative culture (Although they considered it to be pretty much a wedding).

Act like an ATM and an Isaan woman will withdraw as much as possible.

Trust me, the majority of Thai women see a farang as nothing more than a lottery ticket! I know I will be flamed for the statement but I've spent many years in Isaan and the reality is you will never be #1.

Sure there is good.....But....Most do not speak English and would much rather be with a Thai man than a farang!

It takes a long time to earn trust and respect from a Thai family, unless of course you build the house and buy the new pick up.

I would say that you must be some genuine breed yourself, asking such a blatant question and making such derogatory assumptions. If it weren't for your 339 existing posts, I would simply regard to you as a troll.

In my 23 years here in LOS, I have seen many foreigners treating Thai girls like $#ite and vice versa. Thus, most likely the reason why some Thai girls treat foreigners bad is a result of what goes around, comes around.

Us white people need to stop believing that we all are some kind of a super race and that we have the right to question the behaviour, attitude and moral codes of what we call "people in 3rd world countries" or "people of color". I wish we would live in a world where everyone would simply respect one another and stop fighting. You, RandomSand, could make a difference by simply refraining from making racist presumptions in this forum. Thank you!

Sir you are a very nice man,and tip my cap to you.A very good reply,and very refreshing to read,thank you.

I would say much better than calling issan folks retards,as one farang did a couple of days ago,my mouth dropped,and i couldnt believe he said that, a top class bounder

Trust me, the majority of Thai women see a farang as nothing more than a lottery ticket! I know I will be flamed for the statement but I've spent many years in Isaan and the reality is you will never be #1.

Sure there is good.....But....Most do not speak English and would much rather be with a Thai man than a farang!

It takes a long time to earn trust and respect from a Thai family, unless of course you build the house and buy the new pick up.

Sir,

U speak,read write thai then???/

Sir,

For what?

Just proves how much you know about Isaan.

Sir,

For what?

Archived