Thai protest leader Suthep says fight not over

webfact

Fight not over? He's kidding himself.

Someone really needs to invent quiet drones...

On the video there are Thai and English words sprayed onto the street. Besides the swear words, there is spray painted on the street, upside down from camera perspective, the words -- "Don't Cambodian to me?"

Edited by FangFerang

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to the Post, the Army Chief Prayuth sent three companies of soldiers to government house. In the same article, it quoted him as saying "reinforcements would be sent if requested."

Now I read here that the place Suthep occupied is "surrounded by police" although it was declared that this is an unconfirmed report.

Because of the seriousness of all this, and the amount of interest not just nationwide but worldwide, I do not understand why this is all being, IMO, rather under-reported.

saai.gif

Edited by FangFerang

So many cynics. Let history be the judge of everyone's actions.

I am heartened by the fact that the back soi of my office near Ramkhamhaeng U is still bustling with vendors and shoppers trying to get on with their lives instead of being uptight and angry. Agree to disagree, just stop the hate.

Edited by smileydude
  • Like 1

<snip>

Many of the protestors sat down in front of the police building, but what I saw was that once ma[n]y of them had realized their goals that head back to the main stage at Rajadamnnueng.

So what was the point? blink.png

Quite an end play to the weeks of action. Is this an example of the unique nature of 'Thainess' beyond the easy disdain of TV members? I am certainly feeling like much of what happened today would not have been possible in many places I have experienced.

On another note, there sure do seem to be a lot of comments implying the posters great knowledge and experience of what is happening in Thailand with only a few dozen prior posts by that named poster. whistling.gif

• Like 1

"Fight to topple the elected government"

All in the name of democracy. Is Suthep the biggest hypocrit to ever walk the earth? I think so.

All in the name of getting rid of a very corrupt regime who's only purpose is to wipe out checks and balances in order to gain more power, control and money.

I really thought you knew that.

All in the name of installing a "People's Council" a power grab by the desperate PAD, don't you know that?

A People's Council, comprising Bangkok elite-and by the way, no need to involve all those pesky rural folk in the north-east of the country – &lt;deleted&gt; ?

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 2

All in the name of democracy. Is Suthep the biggest hypocrit to ever walk the earth? I think so.

Don't think so. PT leadership streets ahead in that league. Don't get me wrong, I think Suthep is barking mad, but in terms of hypocrisy PT elite is miles ahead of him.

Yes but Suthep, ever being one of the "opportunists" is making the most of this chink in the armour of law and order.

If he stuck to a legal process, he would be better believed. What a waste of an "opportunity", the Amnesty Bill opened up.

So far no real contenders for the people to be seen.

The model of an elected General, ie Indonesia has worked well for them. They are better off than ever.

I'm sure that all non-Thais (Farangs - Foreigners) whatever, wish Thailand peace and harmony. As many Farangs were ringing their hands and worrying about untoward events, I knew in my heart of hearts that the Thais would solve their differences in the Thai way. Being an American, I remember well the ringing of The White house with buses to keep out the protesting mobs trying to stop Nixon's continuation of the Indochine adventure. Sometimes, many say, civil disobedience is actually healthy in a vibrant democracy - and vibrant the Thai democracy is.

When my wife of 25-years and I lived in California, I always said an invisible line went through our house - half Thai / half US. Since we now live in her country, Thailand, the invisible line still holds. She's yellow shirt to the core (southern born). I'm red shirt to the core (American born), be we love and respect each other ... just as the real Thai people do. Long live Thailand / Long Live the King!

• Like 1

This whole thing today was a staged event...The need to settle people down so that the Kings birthday can be celebrated in peace....

Let's hope so, Mad Monkey. wink.png

well think about it...has anything really changed...??...she is still in office.

So many of you seem keen to get rid of the 'evil, corrupt, money-grubbing, Thaksin regime'. What makes you think that any incoming government will be any less 'evil, corrupt and money-grubbing'? Especially if Mr. Suthep is anything to do with it with his past of shady land deals, encroachment of forest land and the like.

The good news is that ANY incoming government could hardly be worse. And a change will kill the amnesty bill and the B2 trillion loan.

• Like 1

Yes, the fight can be over, if

- every-one use yellow shirt,

- every-one watch their infantile TV programs,

- every-one scan suthep suthep,

- every-one work and serve the Bangkok high class as usually,

- and every-one shut up cheer and smile for dictatorship.

Here we have the yellow shirt guy again. Don't you think it's getting boring?

Not his fault color blindness can be a genetic malfunction taking place in the head.smile.png

I have lived here in Thailand well over a decade and was on the ground floor when the concrete slabs were tossed aside to gain access to the Police Headquarters. The stench of tear gas was still in the air.

Today I saw anti-government hard guys, old ladies and many middle class citizens. Many of these protestors can speak English and some drive a cab.

Both the police and the military were very polite. I saw roses being handed out, handshakes and hugs.

Let's see what happens next.

Thanks for the eye witness account. Going to be an interesting Thursday and Friday.

Could be a run on the florist shops.wai2.gif

Edited by hellodolly

I'd vote for the woman that said "I run this country and I don't listen to my brother."

I am heartened by the fact that the back soi of my office near Ramkhamhaeng U is still bustling with vendors and shoppers trying to get on with their lives instead of being uptight and angry. Agree to disagree, just stop the hate.

Not trying to be cynical but I am trying to be honest.

In just three years we have seen the facts facts remain the same about 2010 but the history is being written differently.

History is a bad judge.

So many of you seem keen to get rid of the 'evil, corrupt, money-grubbing, Thaksin regime'. What makes you think that any incoming government will be any less 'evil, corrupt and money-grubbing'? Especially if Mr. Suthep is anything to do with it with his past of shady land deals, encroachment of forest land and the like.

The good news is that ANY incoming government could hardly be worse. And a change will kill the amnesty bill and the B2 trillion loan.

Also Suthep is only one man not a clan.

Tough to get through to these red shirts. The only thing that ever seems to work for them is Thaksins check book he brings it out and we have a coup attempt. Puts it away and no more coup attempt. Red shirts start squabbling amongst them selves he brings out his check book and they are all one again.

There must be some sort of connection here.tongue.png

• Like 1

Not trying to be cynical but I am trying to be honest.

In just three years we have seen the facts facts remain the same about 2010 but the history is being written differently.

History is a bad judge.

If history is a bad judge its because people never seem to learn from their mistakes and that politicians play politics.

Most enter politics for the power and money, few are there for the ideology of serving the public. If transparency, accountability and checks and balances were to be introduced I'm sure the number of greedy opportunistic people wishing to enter politicians would plummet and the world would be so much better off.

Wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by smileydude
  • Like 1

It is rumoured that Suthep will be inaugurated as the new "uncle" in North Korea. But never mind, tomorrow and Friday all these thugs will say they love Thailand and we all know why. On Friday, same time, same place they will start murdering each other again.

Great interview with Abhisit on the BBC, Jonathan Head forgot to ask why Abhisit wants Yingluck to do precisely what he did not do with his unelected government. Or is it maybe that the word unelected is the key here?

• Like 2

Yes, the fight can be over, if

- every-one use yellow shirt,

- every-one watch their infantile TV programs,

- every-one scan suthep suthep,

- every-one work and serve the Bangkok high class as usually,

- and every-one shut up cheer and smile for dictatorship.

Here we have the yellow shirt guy again. Don't you think it's getting boring?

No, Nickymaster you are absolutely wrong. I'm white shirt, who would like peace and make finished this free circus which made by red and yellow dirty lots.

Yes, Nickymaster I don't think at all it's getting bored.

• Like 2

It is rumoured that Suthep will be inaugurated as the new "uncle" in North Korea. But never mind, tomorrow and Friday all these thugs will say they love Thailand and we all know why. On Friday, same time, same place they will start murdering each other again.

Great interview with Abhisit on the BBC, Jonathan Head forgot to ask why Abhisit wants Yingluck to do precisely what he did not do with his unelected government. Or is it maybe that the word unelected is the key here?

It's rumoured that the Top Brass negotiated a truce with k. Thaksin. One of the last posts in Thailand Live Today. Must be a mistake. Our golf caddy is not involved, isn't he?

Who was unelected? The list MPs? Don't all parties have them?

Also Suthep is only one man not a clan.

Tough to get through to these red shirts. The only thing that ever seems to work for them is Thaksins check book he brings it out and we have a coup attempt. Puts it away and no more coup attempt. Red shirts start squabbling amongst them selves he brings out his check book and they are all one again.

There must be some sort of connection here.tongue.png

Suthep one man? He wants a People's Council, but stops short to tell by whom they will be referred to...by those who pay the demonstrations, his sponsors? Do you have any idea who is paying the millions of baht a day to keep the southern demonstrators alive and kicking? Is there still red paint in your pot?

Perhaps not the biggest hypocrite to ever walk the earth, but he certainly ranks in the upper one percentilethumbsup.gif As unseamly as it might sound I think that suthep and the other leaders who incited this mess need to be quietly taken out, a prolonged legal prosecution would just raise tensions againwai2.gif