Blocked Phone By Vodaphone

Clive

Hi I have just bought a 2nd hand phone from e-bay but couldn't dial out. I then phoned vodaphone and they told me that it has been blocked (via the IMEI nimber) because it was reported as stolen. Apart from being im the process of requesting a refund I was wondering if it is possible to unblock the phone.

Thanks Clive

Hi I have just bought a 2nd hand phone from e-bay but couldn't dial out. I then phoned vodaphone and they told me that it has been blocked (via the IMEI nimber) because it was reported as stolen. Apart from being im the process of requesting a refund I was wondering if it is possible to unblock the phone.

Thanks Clive

Hi Clive ,

To my information you can unblock your Mobile Phone mostlikely in Maboonklong / BKK .

But i would also try to get refund from the Ebay seller, or at least report him about selling stolen goods.

hope that helps,

rcm :o

The problem you have is that phone's electronic serial number, IMEI has been blocked. Regardless of what SIM you use the IMEI stays the same.

Your only way around this is the change.have changed the IMEI. You should find a phone shop that will change it or you can take a Google and see what comes back.

In England its actually illegal to change your IMEI so good job your in Thailand.

Edited by Para

The problem you have is that phone's electronic serial number, IMEI has been blocked. Regardless of what SIM you use the IMEI stays the same.

Your only way around this is the change.have changed the IMEI. You should find a phone shop that will change it or you can take a Google and see what comes back.

In England its actually illegal to change your IMEI so good job your in Thailand.

The IMEI has only been blocked in the UK (by UK operators)... the phone would work in Thailand (after any operater lock has been removed)

totster :o

I work for Vodafone , the block will effect all networks as they all use the same database for phone ID.

IMEI numbers of cellular phones connected to a GSM network are stored in a database (EIR - Equipment Identity Register) containing all valid mobile phone equipment.

This database is linked inter-network.

The IMEI will show up as a part of the phone regardless of the network/SIM card.

IMEI may be easy to change with special tools and operators may even flatly ignore the CEIR blacklist.

It depends on how efficient the network Ops are in whatever country you wish to use the phone in.

Edited by chonabot