Multiple Non O from Savannakhet

I just got back from Laos with a brand new multiple entry non O visa from Savannakhet.

I won't go through the logistics to Laos and hotels as I'm too lazy. I just wanted to post how simple it was.

I got the local lady outside the consulate to fill in my forms because I wanted to make sure everything was perfect. She did everything and checked my paper work for 40 Baht.

The gates of the consulate opened just before nine, and I was in the queue for just over 10 mins. As I was approaching the counter, I called my missus over to stay near. It was my turn and I gave the guy my application form and passport. I handed him a plastic folder with all the necessary paperwork. My original marriage certificate was at the top. He had a quick glance at it and I asked for a multiple entry visa. He just replied "5000 Baht".

He checked the money was all there and gave me my receipt/ticket. I went to hand him back my documents, and he just shooed me away with his hand and just said "No". The whole process took literally 15 seconds. I don't even think he noticed if my missus was there. My missus joked that the only thing he checked was that I had given him 5,000 Baht.

I was a bit worried because he hadn't looked at or taken any of my documents. He just looked at original marriage certificate. I then thought it was easier this time round because this is my second consecutive non O from this consulate.

The next day I arrived at the consulate. It opened at 2 and I was in and out in 15 minutes.

All in all, it was a very simple and easy procedure.

• Like 1

This was my second consecutive non O from Savannakhet I should add again. The first time the person checked my documents thoroughly and asked to see my missus. She spoke to the officer.

This time it was a lot easier. I guess he saw I already had a non O from Savannakhet.

Maybe a bit OT but.....which other consulate that do not requires to see financial would be the nearest one to Thailand for this tipe of Visa?

My guess is Australia, any thoughts?

I wonder how those who  have no "financials" to show actually manage to live.Posted Image

Perhaps the wife is working or has a business. Or they have income but not enough to get an extension. A person living as a Thai can do it without a need for a lot of money.
  • Like 1

Maybe a bit OT but.....which other consulate that do not requires to see financial would be the nearest one to Thailand for this tipe of Visa?

I wonder how those who have no "financials" to show actually manage to live.coffee1.gif

We do. laugh.png .........................intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi

I wonder how those who have no "financials" to show actually manage to live.coffee1.gif

Perhaps it is not a question of not having them. Personally, I find it highly irritating to hand over what I consider to be highly private details like that.

That said, I do understand why they require some proof, that is to be expected. It doesn't mean I have to like handing it over.

K.L and Penang will give non-imm O muti entry if you can show the money in the bank. As for not having, "financials" keeping 8000 pounds in the bank while you have 2 small children is quite difficult.

I'm not able to show it, however I have enough income to support my family.

Not any more. KL not for months now. Recent report that Penang also no longer do them.

Perhaps Bali or Jakarta. Then Australia. Even with financials there are none closer that I know of now.

This is from the Jakarta's consulate website:

2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

2.1 The applicants must submit the following relevant documents depending on the purpose of their visit. - Visa application form completely filled out - Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months. The validity of 18 months is required for one year visa application.

- (4 x 6 cm) protograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months

- Evidence of adequate finance ( 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family )

- Birth Certificate ("O")

- Certifcate of Marriage or its equivalents ("O")

Would the "adequate finance" be for each month or just one off for the whole year?, the website is vague....

Perhaps Bali or Jakarta. Then Australia. Even with financials there are none closer that I know of now.

This is from the Jakarta's consulate website:  

2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED       2.1 The applicants must submit the following relevant documents depending on the purpose of their visit.     - Visa application form completely filled out     - Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months. The validity of 18 months is required for one year visa application.

- (4 x 6 cm) protograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months    

- Evidence of adequate finance ( 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family )

- Birth Certificate ("O")     - Certifcate of Marriage or its equivalents ("O")

Would the "adequate finance" be for each month or just one off for the whole year?, the website is vague....

Those are numbers that apply to all visas and is seldom asked for anywhere. All you can do is contact the embassy to see what their actual requirements are if any.

Good morning to those in the Kingdom.

For the past two visas I have been to KL for the Non-O based multi on marriage. ( I wrote two, in-depth trip reports but I can't find any of my content any more!)

My next trip would of been at the start of Feb next year. Luckily I have been reading the boards this week and just found out they are not being issued at the moment in KL.

I am right to believe that the only place issuing them in the region now would be Suvannakhet if you have less than the B400,000 to show. My money usually hangs around the B300,000 mark and I'm not going to be able to raise the rest in time for the 2 months minimum in the bank for a non-0.

Thanks for any replies.wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif

Edited by deathstardan

At the moment Savannakhet is only nearby place doing multiple entry non-o visas.

They do not ask for financial proof as of now. Just keep checking this forum for updates.

The 2 month requirement is for getting an extension of stay not a non-o visa.

Well, that's actually their problem and not yours.

If I have a single entry non -o, can I apply for a multiple entry non-o or must just I apply for an extension? I am

now working teaching English at a Non Formal Government school. I am going to Savannakett on Monday to

try to get a non-b. A school teacher/worker is going with me. However, if I do not have all the paperwork with

me for the non-b, can I apply for another non-o or something else so I can stay in the country long enough to

return with all the proper paperwork to get the non-b? Currently my non-b expires on December 18th. Will

I lose another two days if the non-b app is not accepted and I have to apply for something else?

Thanks for any timely help.

If I have a single entry non -o, can I apply for a multiple entry non-o or must just I apply for an extension? I am

now working teaching English at a Non Formal Government school. I am going to Savannakett on Monday to

try to get a non-b. A school teacher/worker is going with me. However, if I do not have all the paperwork with

me for the non-b, can I apply for another non-o or something else so I can stay in the country long enough to

return with all the proper paperwork to get the non-b? Currently my non-b expires on December 18th. Will

I lose another two days if the non-b app is not accepted and I have to apply for something else?

Thanks for any timely help.

What is your non-o based upon?

If you are married to a Thai or are the legal father of a Thai you could get the multiple entry non-o but would need supporting documents with you to get it. You could also get another single entry non-o which you could extend based upon teaching after you get your work permit.

Another option would be to get a single entry tourist visa.

Are you aware that Tuesday the 10th is a holiday and that the consulate will be closed on that day. Meaning you will have to wait until Wednesday afternoon to pickup your passport.

Thanks for the info. I am aware of the holiday on the 10th but we have to go now because the teacher going with

me must go now. So, may I assume that if I do not have all the necessary paperwork when I present it Monday

morning, the immigration officer will tell me that I must apply for something else. I will not have to wait until Wednesday

to learn that my paperwork is incomplete? I am married to a Thai and she will be going with me. I only have a copy

of our marriage certificate, not the original, nor do I have my birth certificate. I do have a copy of my American bank statement

showing more than $4000, but no Thai bank statement. Any further advice?

You will know whether application is approved or not when you apply.

They probably will accept a copy of marriage certificate, your wife will need her ID card and house book also plus copies. Your birth certificate is not needed.

I would get the single entry non-o visa since you can can extend it for teaching.

Are you aware that you could also get a 60 day extension to visit your wife at immigration instead of going for the visa now.