wont give change what would you have done

salavan

I would have returned the bananas and asked for the fiddy baht. If she didn't give it back, I would have given her the face-losing of a lifetime. I would have started with talking to her like a gentleman: khun low life. You see this thirty baht here? Good. This is exactly how much you are worth.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scamming a farang helps her gain face among the coworkers.

t's not about the 30bt.

They probably all gave her high-fives when you walked away but disappointed they didn't get their chance to kick your head in.

Just the opposite. She will lose face. This is the pathetic vitriolic response of a miserable old dude. Hey dude, I betcha dogs don't like ya! Bite him boy! Gruff!!! Ruff!! biggrin.png

• Like 2

Selling bananas is a crooked business.

i find selling bananas is quite appealing Bahahahaha

You two and your slippery humor.

Ahem.

If the OP absolutely feels that he MUST get back at the banana lady, set up a Thai friend to go buy some bananas from her, so that you can 'just happen' to walk by and warn him about her crooked dealings two days ago. Thai friend changes his mind about buying several kilos of bananas (make sure he tells her why!). Result: she looses a sale because of her dishonest behavior two days prior.

But if it were me, I think I'd have cooled down by now and gotten past it.

Edited by attrayant

just forget it and never buy there anything anymore :-(

A simple answer for everything for someone who does not have a brain.

Tourist police would be the best call. Unlikely they would ask for a bribe, but I could be wrong. I would not call the regular police, in case the vendor got angry and made up an accusation like defamation in public or even stealing.

When I was in latin america in these situations the police would take the money from the vendor and also keep what you purchased. A worthwhile solution on all sides. It worked for me since I just wanted the vendor to get nothing even if I had to pay.

I would start buying from all the vendors beside/near her and make sure she sees you each day doing that.

What ya gunna do when they pull the same stunt.

Can make a viral documentary like 'the market against me' and become famous.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

JT, have you put your bad luck curse on this guy.

I can only recall one similar incident in 16 years in Thailand. A Burmese or Indian nut seller sold me a 20 Baht bag of nuts. I gave him 50 Baht and he gave me the 30 Baht change in nuts!! I politely questioned his actions and he declined to give me my 30 Baht change. All the Thais then ganged up on him and he quickly changed his tune.

I reallly think there is more to this banana story that meets the eye.

Maybe a new case for the TV desktop detectives? whistling.gif

in Melbourne i'm paying equiv 100 baht a kilo for green gassed bananas and feeling like I've been touched red raw every purchase.

Go back tomorrow give the next door vendor 500 tell her to keep the change. Hit the vendor on the other side with 500 keep the change. then buy one banana for 10 baht correct money.

then fart and walk away.

in Melbourne i'm paying equiv 100 baht a kilo for green gassed bananas and feeling like I've been touched red raw every purchase.

Go back tomorrow give the next door vendor 500 tell her to keep the change. Hit the vendor on the other side with 500 keep the change. then buy one banana for 10 baht correct money.

then fart and walk away.

Whats a gassed banana

I had this happen to me when i ordered some fried chicken from my soi. I just walked away and refuse to come back. It's just 30 baht and nothing worth getting your farang arse kicked.

You are very wrong, and encouraging dishonesty.

You may also want to check meaning and usage of the verb 'refuse' in English.

Ask the American guy who argued with the taxi driver over 50 or 60 baht. Oh, wait- you can't. He was hacked to death. For $2.

I bet he wished he could have taken a different tack- for the brief time he was still conscious.

30 baht, when I don't know if those 6 burly guys selling in the booth next to hers are her relatives or her minions? I'm counting that as $1 lesson, and cheap at that.

Someone else can pound home the message about dishonesty. It's not my job.

Find another stall to buy your bananas from and make sure to have the correct change. Then everyday walk past the stall that ripped you off while carrying your bag of bananas. May be something will click that she lost a return customer over 30 baht.

After you frequent the other stall long enough I doubt they will try to rip you off either as they will know as a regular and/or not want to lose your repeat business.

My experience in Thailand markets is that no matter how hard the haggling that once a deal is struck I'm always given my correct change. I have had 2 issues of being short changed but in supermarkets and these were almost immediately remedied when I turned around and opened my mouth about to speak. Before a word was uttered 100 baht was given to me.

What would the girls on here do...the ones that are to scared to say boo to a little old lady....if they had the same car accident that I had yesterday......knob Thai driver slams sideways into my driver side while trying to overtake 12 cars or more with an oncoming big truck maybe less than 100m away and several vehicles behind that ?

Showbags, on 12 Dec 2013 - 11:34, said:

What would the girls on here do...the ones that are to scared to say boo to a little old lady....if they had the same car accident that I had yesterday......knob Thai driver slams sideways into my driver side while trying to overtake 12 cars or more with an oncoming big truck maybe less than 100m away and several vehicles behind that ?

I don't know about the rest of the girls here, but when I saw what was unfolding, I'd have probably let my manly pride take a little hit and moved over and let the guy in....

Edited by impulse

Showbags, on 12 Dec 2013 - 11:34, said:

I don't know about the rest of the girls here, but when I saw what was unfolding, I'd have probably let my manly pride take a little hit and moved over and let the guy in....

If you saw what unfolded....you might not make such a comment.

Mind you, my dog was in the back....birds eye witness...let me go ask her what she would have done