Thai Govt behind the violence, PDRC claims

webfact

Govt behind the violence, PDRC claims
The Nation

Spokesman says the group will continue protesting peacefully, suspects plot to provoke protesters

BANGKOK: -- The People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) yesterday accused the government of inciting violence at its rally sites between late Thursday night and yesterday morning.

"But we won't fall into their [government's] trap. We will continue to rally peacefully and without arms," PDRC spokesman Ekanat Prompan said.

He suspected that there was a plot to provoke demonstrators, and if things turned violent, it could lead to a government crackdown on protesters.

Ekanat also criticised Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Towichukchaikul, who stepped in to head the Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order on Wednesday.

"Since stepping in, he has apparently intimidated and slandered demonstrators," Ekanat said.

According to police, a number of violent incidents took place at rally sites - including the Finance Ministry and at the October 14 Memorial - between late on Thursday and yesterday morning. Three people were injured.

"We are investigating these cases in a bid to nail the culprits," CAPO spokesman Maj-General Piya Uthayo said.

Footage taken by security cameras showed there were dozens of speeding motorcyclists driving around the Finance Ministry and some of them had hurled ping-pong bombs into the building, where anti-government demonstrators were gathered.

Piya affirmed that the police had no plan to disperse the demonstrators, adding that CAPO planned to talk to protest leaders about the possibility of deploying police at rally sites to provide safety for people in the area.

"We are committed to providing safety for all groups," Piya said.

He continued that legal teams and investigators would still need to take legal action against protest leaders and their supporters for causing unrest and occupying government offices.

The PDRC has laid siege to the Finance Ministry in Bangkok and the Government Complex in Nonthaburi for many days.

Recent unrest in Bangkok has also claimed at least four lives, while more than 200 people have been injured.

The Public Health Ministry has now prepared six teams of paramedics for emergencies that may arise during protests at rally sites.

"If the situation turns serious, medical emergency teams from 10 provinces will be called in," the ministry's permanent secretary Narong Sahametapat said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-07

• Like 1

My wife's cousin returned home from the protest a couple of days ago, he said things are much worse than what is shown in the media, he gave one example, some people involved with the protest have been cooking food for distribution among the poor, they cooked the food, packaged it and bagged it ready to be sent out, then the police turned up and took all the food leaving none for the poor, how is that for an example of serve and protect?

• Like 2

My wife's cousin returned home from the protest a couple of days ago, he said things are much worse than what is shown in the media, he gave one example, some people involved with the protest have been cooking food for distribution among the poor, they cooked the food, packaged it and bagged it ready to be sent out, then the police turned up and took all the food leaving none for the poor, how is that for an example of serve and protect?

Oh yes. The evil police seizing food that the protesters have been so benevolently cooking for the (as yet undefined) poor.

There's a time and a place for everything and if 'some people' want to set up a street kitchen and cook up a feast for the less privileged, there is absolutely no reason they should set up their 'enterprise' anywhere near the current protest zones.

I mean, where is the nearest poor people's ghetto to the protest site?

• Like 2

The sun is shining, birds are singing sweetly, and the joyful spirit of Reconciliation settles upon the liberated people like golden glitter of Hope!

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 2

Cops walked in to rally site past the guards and snatched the food away?

• Like 1

Cops walked in to rally site past the guards and snatched the food away?

Yes, that's it.

The police showed up, the protesters peacefully stepped aside, then they took the food.

Yes; that's it!

Oh I forgot to mention they took food meant for the poor ...

Edited by Curt1591
  • Like 1

Is there any proof for this story? Or something that your wife's cousin might have made up? I mean no disrespect but other than words, there is no proof to back up this story.

I agree. Stories like this are hearsay and need proof. The social media, like the normal media is made up of so many stories without foundation. A good one is the government to government rice sales which cannot be revealed in detail. A personal favourite is the story about a passport being handed back personally to a convicted criminal by the foreign minister who is convinced there was no reason he should not do so.

More than anything, the country needs more proof that Yingluck is genuinely the Prime Minister of Thailand, because at the moment it just seems to be a story cooked up to pacify those who are against her brother. At the moment she walks like a duck and talks like a piece of fried chicken.

• Like 2

Oh yes. The evil police seizing food that the protesters have been so benevolently cooking for the (as yet undefined) poor.

There's a time and a place for everything and if 'some people' want to set up a street kitchen and cook up a feast for the less privileged, there is absolutely no reason they should set up their 'enterprise' anywhere near the current protest zones.

I think that ghetto would be the streets. The poorest people tend to wander the streets and sleep wherever they can find a dry, sheltered spot. Sanam Luang is about 5-10 minutes walk from Democracy Monument and has always been a popular gathering for the homeless who are hopefully poor enough for your liking.

So why are they giving them food? Do they usually do this?

I think that ghetto would be the streets. The poorest people tend to wander the streets and sleep wherever they can find a dry, sheltered spot. Sanam Luang is about 5-10 minutes walk from Democracy Monument and has always been a popular gathering for the homeless who are hopefully poor enough for your liking.

Oh dear, those totally homeless street people may be way, way too poor for the wonderfully benevolent street protesters cum cooking types. I mean, aren't they making this courageous stand on behalf of the misguided and ignorant Isaan voting masses as well?
  • Like 1

It is the Govts mistakes that have led to all the violence and deaths.

First mistake was to call in the reds, don't try to say it wasn't the govts doing.

Look who the leaders of the reds are.

A PT MP and his wife.

A PT deputy cabinet minister.

A big mouth idiot ex PT MP who was stupid enough to get himself kicked out of the job.

Nothing to do with the Govt ...Yea right.

If they had not been there then there would have been no problems with the students and 4 people would still have been alive today.

Second big mistake was to attempt to stop the protesters entering public buildings.

That's right, Govt buildings are public buildings and the protesters are the public.

Government for the people.

Not under PT it isn't.

Look what happened when they finally came to their senses and took down the barricades, no violence, no wrecking the place only peaceful protest and in all but one case they sat down ate their lunch and left.

Now we have hoons attacking the protesters with small bombs and guns as well as hired arsonists trying to set fire to the stage.

And what did the clown in charge of GAPO do ?

No sooner had his Majesty finished his speech asking for, pleading for, unity, harmony and understanding he started threatening the BMA and Blue Sky TV with law suits.

Not happy with that he also threatened anyone giving medical assistance.

Little wonder people are sick and tired of this shower that are running the country into the ground.

It makes one wonder why so many supposedly educated people from supposedly civilized countries can not see what is happening.

They remind me of a friend of mine who will ramble on about things he knows nothing about. I find it amusing and laughable at how easy it is to fool people. Every once in a while I will interrupt and state reality and he immediately drops the subject. The difference being on a forum you don't have to look at the people who tell it like it is. You can carry on for ever with what ever path you choose to follow.

For myself I have chosen the path of least damage to Thailand. Throw the PTPredshirts out on their ass.

I do admit it would have been interesting to see what the red shirts came up with in the coming years as they were already separating into different factions until Thaksin opened his check book. Who knows they might have eventually been good for the country.biggrin.png

Is there any proof for this story? Or something that your wife's cousin might have made up? I mean no disrespect but other than words, there is no proof to back up this story.

I agree. Stories like this are hearsay and need proof. The social media, like the normal media is made up of so many stories without foundation. A good one is the government to government rice sales which cannot be revealed in detail. A personal favourite is the story about a passport being handed back personally to a convicted criminal by the foreign minister who is convinced there was no reason he should not do so.

More than anything, the country needs more proof that Yingluck is genuinely the Prime Minister of Thailand, because at the moment it just seems to be a story cooked up to pacify those who are against her brother. At the moment she walks like a duck and talks like a piece of fried chicken.

what kind of proof to you need if eye witness testament is not enough?

It is not proof but try common sense.

Who do the Police department work for. Who told them to take a vacation in 2010?

Suthep is urging a peacefully protest. That would mean not hassling the police when they show up.

What is proof. In the US and Canada there have been many people convicted of murder by proof in a court found guilty and sentenced. Only to be found out later they were innocent.

PDRC. Soon to be the best friend of the DPRK.

you seem to be quick to ask for proof in your other reply. How do you justify this comment? Don't you think this type of nagging is best left inside your own mind and not expressed?

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

First mistake was to call in the reds, don't try to say it wasn't the govts doing.

A PT MP and his wife.

A big mouth idiot ex PT MP who was stupid enough to get himself kicked out of the job.

If they had not been there then there would have been no problems with the students and 4 people would still have been alive today.

Second big mistake was to attempt to stop the protesters entering public buildings.

That's right, Govt buildings are public buildings and the protesters are the public.

Not under PT it isn't.

Look what happened when they finally came to their senses and took down the barricades, no violence, no wrecking the place only peaceful protest and in all but one case they sat down ate their lunch and left.

Now we have hoons attacking the protesters with small bombs and guns as well as hired arsonists trying to set fire to the stage.

No sooner had his Majesty finished his speech asking for, pleading for, unity, harmony and understanding he started threatening the BMA and Blue Sky TV with law suits.

Little wonder people are sick and tired of this shower that are running the country into the ground.

Robby... We come from,a land where we believe all are equal, fairness and justice for all. There are so many disgruntled people here wanting to extoll their convictions of inequality on many others. All they want is more trouble and unfairness like they escaped at home. Thank god our countries ate too far for them to go and ruin

We helped fight 2 wars for these

• Like 1

So why are they giving them food? Do they usually do this?

look at the street dogs... Are they hungry?. Thais do share food and I see homeless in Chiang Mai being fed by ordinary people.

• Like 1

A PT MP and his wife.

If they had not been there then there would have been no problems with the students and 4 people would still have been alive today.

Not under PT it isn't.

Look what happened when they finally came to their senses and took down the barricades, no violence, no wrecking the place only peaceful protest and in all but one case they sat down ate their lunch and left.

Robby... We come from,a land where we believe all are equal, fairness and justice for all. There are so many disgruntled people here wanting to extoll their convictions of inequality on many others. All they want is more trouble and unfairness like they escaped at home. Thank god our countries ate too far for them to go and ruin

We helped fight 2 wars for these

"We come from,a land where we believe all are equal, fairness and justice for all."

Which land is that ?

Ok Jim in answer to your many times asked question

If the Govt was to say to Suthep :

In the interests to restoring peace in the country we will meet you half way.

We will agree to set up an independent constitution drafting assembly to review the constitution in order to strengthen checks and balances and strengthen anti-corruption clauses with harsh penalties for corrupt politicions and officials.

Once this is done a referendum will be held to accept or reject the amended constitution.

Yingluck will step down, an interim PM will be appointed and once the constitution referendum is complete an election will be held (one 2 months after whatever).

Charges against him and all others pertaining to the protests will be dropped, except those stemming from violence.

In return he will stop the rallies and he and his team will enter into talks to iron out the fine points of an agreement that hopefully he and the people can live with.

He will also agree never again, and swear before whatever is holy to him, to take part in politics in any way.

Don’t know if that would be acceptable to Suthep but I cant see it being acceptable to Thaksin as it would go some way to weakening his grip on the country.

A PT MP and his wife.

If they had not been there then there would have been no problems with the students and 4 people would still have been alive today.

Not under PT it isn't.

Look what happened when they finally came to their senses and took down the barricades, no violence, no wrecking the place only peaceful protest and in all but one case they sat down ate their lunch and left.

The PM's "big brother" is in Cambodia playing golf with that country's dictator. Maybe Thaksin got a game plan that he can pass onto his followers. He will be Thailand's dictator on day - is my bet.

Rubbish! People involved with the protest wouldn't do anything for the poor.

To say the Police stole the food is just a blatant lie. (Bullocks).