Thai opposition says all its MPs to resign

Lite Beer

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing Yingluck can do is dissolve, become caretaker PM and hold new elections, if it is necessary to dissolve, but dissolution is the most she can do for the protesters and they must accept it and end their protests so the next election could be held, if they continue to protest she has to stay on as PM, and the military has consistently said it's staying out., will the protesters accept new elections continues to be the question.

She cannot stay in past the time allowed in the constitution. Failed elections will deliver a constitutional crisis that must be solved by extra-constitutional means.

They voted "to resign" but I have a feeling they will back in congress on Tuesday as usual.

Although perhaps not, as Tuesday is actually a public-holiday ? facepalm.gif

If the opposition think that people are supporting them, why don't they accept the election offered by Yingluck?

This should be their opportunity. It would be an stupidity on the part of the government if they just surrender

and give the seat that easy to oppositions.

I don't think they believe she is sincere in her offer.

Spot On !

She has been making this offer for weeks, always hedged round with conditions & caveats, but never ever delivering upon it ! wink.png

• Like 1

They are back to their 2006 tactic, if you can't win at the ballot box, you frustrate the system. The democratic party is democratic in name only.

Not only do they backstab all the people that voted for them, they now openly support Suthep and his People's council.

I feel sorry for everyone that voted these clowns in to parliament.

Once and for all it is now been officially revealed. The financial muscle behind the Dems is the same group sponsoring the rally. I have just watched that spineless thing that calls himself a leader declaring his intentions in the hope level headed Democrat supporters will head for the streets tomorrow and swell the dwindling numbers.

What amazed me most was the skill of Blue Sky TV to hide the strings of the puppet master controlling Mr Abhisit. If they have resigned they should never be allowed to enter politics again after failing the 11 million that voted for them. The Dems are effectively saying that they dont want to govern in favour of a selected 'Peoples Council". For the 11 million that voted for these worthless people I feel sorry , you deserve better. Dont make the same mistake again, they dont want democracy, the next free election is your chance to resign this political party (term used very loosely) to history and let Thailand move forward.

Glad you know who this is. Does anyone else? I don't.

Guess you can't buy peoples hearts, and Thais have big hearts and love their country. A lesson for Taksin, although i am not convinced he learns from his mistakes or is prepared to listen to others.

Yingluck should resign and dissolve the house. No point trying to fool the nation any more with outrageous lies.

Absolutely no point dissolving the house....for what. The Suthep mob does not want elections it can never win. It wants total control and nothing less and the only way to do this is appoint their own people to a Council. Dont give one hoot about Thailand. And Thaksins bad. Now desperation sets in they are showing their morals...absolutely none what so ever

• Like 2

about time should have done this 2,weeks ago,it probably means there has to be an election,becauase the mps that resigned,theres no-one to represent the people of the constituences that they have left..everyone is entitled to representation..no matter what there political affiliation is..never a dull day here is there..

The Election Commission now needs to run by-elections in 100+ constituencies. I'm not sure what happens with the Party List seats. Normally, they would be replaced by the next person on the party list. So that will mean that parliament will be short 40 or so MPs after the by-elections. Of course that would assume that there would be a result in all the by-elections, not like the 2006 election.

Interesting move. Does this mean that Chuvit is now opposition leader?

No. Apparently, he has resigned too.

RT@veen_NT: Rak Prathet Thai Party leader Chuwit Kamolvisith is to resign as MP too. he said the parliament could no longer drag on. via @Thairath_News

They are back to their 2006 tactic, if you can't win at the ballot box, you frustrate the system. The democratic party is democratic in name only.

Not only do they backstab all the people that voted for them, they now openly support Suthep and his People's council.

Once and for all it is now been officially revealed. The financial muscle behind the Dems is the same group sponsoring the rally. I have just watched that spineless thing that calls himself a leader declaring his intentions in the hope level headed Democrat supporters will head for the streets tomorrow and swell the dwindling numbers.

What amazed me most was the skill of Blue Sky TV to hide the strings of the puppet master controlling Mr Abhisit. If they have resigned they should never be allowed to enter politics again after failing the 11 million that voted for them. The Dems are effectively saying that they dont want to govern in favour of a selected 'Peoples Council". For the 11 million that voted for these worthless people I feel sorry , you deserve better. Dont make the same mistake again, they dont want democracy, the next free election is your chance to resign this political party (term used very loosely) to history and let Thailand move forward.

Glad you know who this is. Does anyone else? I don't.

Apologies replace the words 'puppet master"with 'his Paymaster' frothing at these MP with no care for the people that voted for them

• Like 1

What the democrats really want is to have another coup at the door. If the people's coup doesn't work they might want the army back in so that this clowns from the South and a couple of elite's from the Central of Thailand are wing back in power.

Ang Thong 1st and 2nd district - Democrats didn't win one district

Chachoengsao 4 districts - Democrats won 2 districts

Chainat 2 districs - Democrats didn't won one district

Chonburi 8 districts - Democrats won 1 district and lost 5 districts which were before controlled by the democrats

Kamphaeng Phet 4 districts - Democrats won 2 districts

Kanchanaburi 5 districts - Democrats won 1 district

Nakhon Nayok 1 district - Democrats didn't won that district

Nakhon Pathom 4 districts - Democrats didn't won one district

Nakhon Ratchasima 14 districts - Democrats didn't won one district

Nakon Sawan - 6 districts - Democrats won only one district

Nonthaburi - 6 districts - Democrats didn't want one districts but lost two seats

Pathum Thani 6 distritcs - Democrats didn't win one seat

Pattani 4 districts - Democrats only one 2 districts

Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya 5 districts - Democrats didn't won one seat

Prachinburi 3 districts - Democrats didn't won one seat

Ratchaburi 5 districts - Democrats didn't won one seat but lost all three seats

Samut Prakan 7 districts - Democrats didn't won one seat

Saraburi 4 districts - Democrats won one district but lost one

Satun 2 districts - Democrats won one district but lost one

Sukhothai 4 districts - Democrats won 2 seats

I only took Korat in my listings as Korat is close to Bangkok. The democrats are strong in Trat, Trat, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phuket, Krabi, Songhkla but even are unelectable in Central Thailand and around Bangkok. The whole issue is not really about Thaksin and the Shinawatra clan as they can't even win the people/voters from Central and parts of Southern Thailand.

The whole issue about the democrat party is getting to a point that some smart people's of the democrat party should just launch a new party and not play those power games.

My guess however is since they resigned all, they will most properly participate in the street protests to bring chaos to Thailand, especially Bangkok.

Edited by MobileContent
  • Like 2

They voted "to resign" but I have a feeling they will back in congress on Tuesday as usual.

Although perhaps not, as Tuesday is actually a public-holiday ? facepalm.gif

If the opposition think that people are supporting them, why don't they accept the election offered by Yingluck?

This should be their opportunity. It would be an stupidity on the part of the government if they just surrender

and give the seat that easy to oppositions.

I don't think they believe she is sincere in her offer.

Spot On !

She has been making this offer for weeks, always hedged round with conditions & caveats, but never ever delivering upon it ! wink.png

I take it you have never heard of the phrase "negotiation"? It normally begins with someone offering something with the proviso that the other negotiating party gives up something in exchange, in this case the ending of the "protest". You may understand it in simpler terms, "No money, No Honey"

• Like 1

"An unelected government would affect the country's reputation and stability," Yingluck warned. "If protesters want that, it should be asked whether it is the desire of the majority."

that's pretty funny. As if anyone really cares if they have a government or not. Doesn't seem to bother anyone that Thailand is now one of the most corrupt countries in the world, at least the tourists don't seem to care.

From an investor's point of view, this government has done more harm than good, it might bring some hope to see it gone.

I take it you have never heard of the phrase "negotiation"? It normally begins with someone offering something with the proviso that the other negotiating party gives up something in exchange, in this case the ending of the "protest". You may understand it in simpler terms, "No money, No Honey"

That would be similar to the negotiation in 2010 when the red shirts rejected Abhisit's offer of elections.

• Like 1

So let me understand this

This legally elected gvernement has offered to stand down and hold elections within 2 months but the opposition says that is not good enough rolleyes.gif

I think it clear who are the whack jobs are.

That would making the assumption that Yingluk is not once more telling lies. And given her history, that is a very big assumption to make.

• Like 2

'The kingdom has been rocked by several episodes of political bloodshed since Thaksin, a billionaire tycoon-turned-premier, was ousted by royalist generals in a coup seven years ago.'

My, but AFP does love that phrase.

if they repeat it enough it becomes true.giggle.gif

while in reality 99.9 percent of all Thais are indeed royalist and love their king.wai2.gif

The PTP and Red Shirts have already abandoned democracy for a Thaksin dictatorship.

"The protest leaders have said that they would not be satisfied with new elections, leaving the two sides locked in a stalemate that risks scaring off foreign investors and tourists."

The protest leaders want the country to be governed by appointed, not elected, councils because they keep losing elections. If they succeed it will tear this country apart, the Thai's will not abandon democracy without a fight.

Really? I must have missed the news story about future elections being canceled.

• Like 1

whoah there sausage you obviously mean the people who voted for this government,thats made every farmer a billionaire....no...ok well dont forget to mention it next time that your making a ridicul arse post like this one,just so that theres no bias w00t.gif apols for spelling..also channell 5 has come out in support of the protesters.the very same military channell i might add..dont know if it still is though..can someone enlighten me please...