Thai opposition says all its MPs to resign

Lite Beer

Surely the democrats can't pay for it so it would be great to know who are the financiers. This number above are very conservative numbers and according to some friends in Bangkok, they put the number to as high as 1.5 billion Baht to bring down the government

A question I have raised several times on here without reply. Who is actually paying to maintain this rally...an army needs feeding. Contributions from the general public does not wash. Maybe instead of financing this rabble they should have paid for some more votes and got into powersmile.png

What an intelligent question! If we had any more insight then you did which cabal of evil businessmen are secretly funding this mob, we would share it with you for sure! Unfortunately, we're all lowly armchair TV posters with no link to the inside of backroom deals evil politicians and billionaires make.

The ones that are financing this mob are the ones that will milk the country dry once they have succeeded.

• Like 2

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Democrate Party knows that their days are numbered and so resigned to avoid being dissolved....well, to save face really.

I know that there are some guys that like these kind of posts but could you explain why the Dems were going to be dissolved (their days are numbered)?

I don't think resigning would stop the Democrat party being dissolved if there were a reason for it.

Hmmm .... One hellava chess game ?????      Posted Image

You can't compare this <deleted> to chess - politicians from both sides are about as subtle as hand grenades and have the tactical thinking of a 7 year old with dyslexia.

It's all a game of "mine's bigger than yours" being carried out by playground bullies.

They should rename this place Kindergartenland.

Nothing unique to Thailand. Have you forgotten how the opposition in the "world's most powerful nation" recently shut-down government operations because they didn't like legislation introduced by the democratically elected party in power?

give us a break ,you really dont know what democracy is,just as your red buddies dont

In other words this democrat mass-resignation stunt is yet another attempt to provoke a coup. If the democrats refuse to participate in elections it doesn't mean they are failed. If the MPs quit in sufficient numbers there is another election. If the protesters continue to protest they will still have to deal with the caretaker PM and the police who will continue to manage the street chaos. There is no reason for a coup just because the democrats decide to quit politics, another better political party will take their place, I think that's what needs to happen, the democrats have damaged themselves to such an extent that they need to re-brand as something less elitist.

The only thing Yingluck can do is dissolve, become caretaker PM and hold new elections, if it is necessary to dissolve, but dissolution is the most she can do for the protesters and they must accept it and end their protests so the next election could be held, if they continue to protest she has to stay on as PM, and the military has consistently said it's staying out., will the protesters accept new elections continues to be the question.

She cannot stay in past the time allowed in the constitution. Failed elections will deliver a constitutional crisis that must be solved by extra-constitutional means.

• Like 2

Surely the democrats can't pay for it so it would be great to know who are the financiers. This number above are very conservative numbers and according to some friends in Bangkok, they put the number to as high as 1.5 billion Baht to bring down the government

A question I have raised several times on here without reply. Who is actually paying to maintain this rally...an army needs feeding. Contributions from the general public does not wash. Maybe instead of financing this rabble they should have paid for some more votes and got into powersmile.png

What an intelligent question! If we had any more insight then you did which cabal of evil businessmen are secretly funding this mob, we would share it with you for sure! Unfortunately, we're all lowly armchair TV posters with no link to the inside of backroom deals evil politicians and billionaires make.

The ones that are financing this mob are the ones that will milk the country dry once they have succeeded.

Oh yes, you assume they will do that when they haven't. Yet you ignore the people who are in power right now who are already doing it. clap2.gif

• Like 2

RT@veen_NT: Rak Prathet Thai Party leader Chuwit Kamolvisith is to resign as MP too. he said the parliament could no longer drag on. via @Thairath_News

The first rat has jumped off the sinking ship.

Who will be next ?

A new tweet suggests he has not resigned and will talk to his party tmw. #betterdeal

Too late. PT have already done that.

The comment was meant as a retort in response to all the Dem acolytes on here that keep saying Thaksin funded the 2010 protests..without an ounce of proof

The Democrate Party knows that their days are numbered and so resigned to avoid being dissolved....well, to save face really.

They could still be dissolved, unless they resign from the party as well, which they haven't done.

Maybe they can found a new party and call themselves "The Mock Rats" instead. Same same but not same.

Doesn't matter if the vast majority in the South Abstain.

This is not a democracy, but an autocracy posing as one. Many would say that the "Dark Age" of Thailand is now, not 1936, with Thaksin casting his death-dealing shadow over the Kingdom.

about time should have done this 2,weeks ago,it probably means there has to be an election,becauase the mps that resigned,theres no-one to represent the people of the constituences that they have left..everyone is entitled to representation..no matter what there political affiliation is..never a dull day here is there..

She should call a bye-election in all the constituencies of those who resigned and then maybe see the opposition minority dwindle. It makes this country a laughing stock when elected governments are attacked in this way, it's an "I'm taking my ball home because we're losing" mind set. I know democracy isn't perfect but having a yellow shirt feudal system appointed by royal proclamation is in the dark ages (ie 1936 in Siam).

So let me understand this

This legally elected gvernement has offered to stand down and hold elections within 2 months but the opposition says that is not good enough rolleyes.gif

I think it clear who are the whack jobs are.

Thats because you dont understand whats at stake here if they buy an additional 2months then they get awfully close to the 180days where they could pass the ammnesty bill as easy as ripping of a fart and no one can say shit about it and after that the PTP could do whatever they want as they dobt have to listen to anyone people are not allowed to protest anymore they dont have to disclose what they do with public funds or how the 2trillion baht loan is spent etc do your home work

There are reasons for concern you just dont see the big picture...if they get time to reach the 180days its checkmate for democracy and Thailand has become a Thaksinocracy instead...

• Like 2

Maybe some of these people are genuinely pissed off and paying their own way. Did you think of that?

Those going from here are not getting paid, I doubt the people from BKK are either. We know the Beer Singha heiress was in the frontloader that was used on the barricades for some pictures. If people are fronting cash for the costs of food and water etc for some, you can rest assured it isn't just one person or family.

I have friends that have gone a few times and they buy their own food and water. (They don't spend the night etc ... like most people from here and BKK)

Oh no, they were just carrying around photos and footclappers of Thaksin, just for fun. Please. This is pathetic, even for a Red apologist. Ask any Red Shirt who funded it, they know. "Thaksin thinks, Puea Thai acts", sound familiar?

The comment was meant as a retort in response to all the Dem acolytes on here that keep saying Thaksin funded the 2010 protests..without an ounce of proof

Edited by timoclark

Maybe some of these people are genuinely pissed off and paying their own way. Did you think of that?

Those going from here are not getting paid, I doubt the people from BKK are either. We know the Beer Singha heiress was in the frontloader that was used on the barricades for some pictures. If people are fronting cash for the costs of food and water etc for some, you can rest assured it isn't just one person or family.

I have friends that have gone a few times and they buy their own food and water. (They don't spend the night etc ... like most people from here and BKK)

My local soup vendor says he's getting paid 1,000 Baht to go protest tomorrow. He says that's the only reason he's going, as he doesn't care who wins. A few of his friends are apparently being picked up by a bus tomorrow morning to go to the rally, at which point each of them will receive 1,000 Baht.

But that's not corruption, is it?

• Like 1

Now the Dems have quit and once the constitution court bans PT all their MP,s and all those of the parasite parties who took part in the shonky dealings that brought the latest case before the court Parliament will be empty.

Should be good for the economy, they will be able to hire it out as a conference center.

• Like 1

One analyst is saying the mass resignation is 'symbolic' and the government can continue w/o the Dems, so no election will even be necessary unless the protesters agree to Yinglucks offer of new elections, so wer're back to that.

A quick google suggests that a quorum is only 50%.

A question I have raised several times on here without reply. Who is actually paying to maintain this rally...an army needs feeding. Contributions from the general public does not wash. Maybe instead of financing this rabble they should have paid for some more votes and got into powerPosted Image

My local soup vendor says he's getting paid 1,000 Baht to go protest tomorrow. He says that's the only reason he's going, as he doesn't care who wins. A few of his friends are apparently being picked up by a bus tomorrow morning to go to the rally, at which point each of them will receive 1,000 Baht.

But that's not corruption, is it?[/. quote]. Saying your lies doesnt make it so

Once and for all it is now been officially revealed. The financial muscle behind the Dems is the same group sponsoring the rally.

The people's behind the Democrats are far richer then the Shinawatra clan

Could either of you please inform the forum who specifically these people are?

All we ever hear about are mysterious, nameless, faceless people that guy like you presumably know about, but never reveal.

• Like 1

No mate that's not corruption that's Bull shit.

The MRs has been there for over a week now and she not only pays her own way but took a large envelope of donations from locals who cant be there.

• Like 2

You're conveniently forgetting about all of the Red Shirt corporations out there, headed by CP and all it's subsidiaries, a major funder of the Red Shirts/PTP. There are many others out there, so this is not just Thaksin's money. How do you know how many billions he has stashed around the world? The confiscated assets was barely a scratch. How much has flowed from government coffers to his pockets since little sister came to power? Millions more.

They are back to their 2006 tactic, if you can't win at the ballot box, you frustrate the system. The democratic party is democratic in name only.

Not only do they backstab all the people that voted for them, they now openly support Suthep and his People's council.

I feel sorry for everyone that voted these clowns in to parliament.

Once and for all it is now been officially revealed. The financial muscle behind the Dems is the same group sponsoring the rally. I have just watched that spineless thing that calls himself a leader declaring his intentions in the hope level headed Democrat supporters will head for the streets tomorrow and swell the dwindling numbers.

What amazed me most was the skill of Blue Sky TV to hide the strings of the puppet master controlling Mr Abhisit. If they have resigned they should never be allowed to enter politics again after failing the 11 million that voted for them. The Dems are effectively saying that they dont want to govern in favour of a selected 'Peoples Council". For the 11 million that voted for these worthless people I feel sorry , you deserve better. Dont make the same mistake again, they dont want democracy, the next free election is your chance to resign this political party (term used very loosely) to history and let Thailand move forward.

The people's behind the Democrats are far richer then the Shinawatra clan but they don't go in politics normally but they know who to contact to get their interest made known but with PTP they really have no one to listen to them. I know three companies of which at least two could swallow the little assets that the Shinawatra group has today. Thaksin real mistake was that he left those companies out and didn't shared his pie. I think the first option should have been for Thaksin to sell AIS to Telecom Asia and not to SingTel in Singapore.

The second mistake was he sold ThaiCom to the Singaporean government linked company. He should have offered it to sell to Telecom Asia as well. When he placed that two deals to the Singaporean's he got himself a very big upset Thai company. Then he played games wit DTAC. DTAC can't have majority owned by foreigners but AIS is ok and fine to ahve SIngaporean take over.

Then Thaksin made a tax free transaction in letting the Singapore GCC take over AIS but for Dtac and True they have to pay taxes on the sell of shares.

This was certainly that broke his neck in Thai politics. It's all about business and the other groups knew that any Thaksin linked government doesn't bring any money in their pockets so they are funneling now funds to the democrats.

BTW: Since last month a few hundred thousand demonstrate in Bangkok. Who pays the money of providing food, drinking water and logositics to the demonstrators. Most of them do not have the money to buy their drink and food for them-self, specially the thugs.

Lets say 600,000 bottles x 14 Baht per day = 8,4 million Baht

Two warm meals per day 300,000 meals x 28 Baht per day = another 8,4 million Baht

x 30 days at least 500 million Baht.

Logistics is not even included.

Surely the democrats can't pay for it so it would be great to know who are the financiers. This number above are very conservative numbers and according to some friends in Bangkok, they put the number to as high as 1.5 billion Baht to bring down the government.

That's it then! Soup vendors are reknown for their veracity - it's a pity we only have your word for it.

• Like 2

500 Baht on you tube Oh and that guy who was silenced for mentioning his boss on stage at the red rots in 2010. (Seh Daeng)

My local pad thai vendor said he was paid B2000 to attend the red shirt gathering.thumbsup.gif

You tell that to the young people today and they'd never believe you.whistling.gif

• Like 2

Why don't PTP and RS "devote themselves into more positive and productive inputs"? Because it would not be so lucrative for PTP to do so. The Reds just enjoy destruction too much.

Why don't they devote themselves into more positive and productive inputs to Thailand. Rather than just focusing on these limited mindset. That's the result why Thailand is 'reversing' rather than advancing. This is politics of Democratic Party......what a joke for people who are so highly educated yet short sighted....