Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Uncharacteristically quiet?

Bit hard for Franklin to get any momentum when there's no ball coming into the forward fifty..

Also didn't realise the Premiership had been replaced by the NAB Cup tongue.png

It is what it is, been a while since you beat us though, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Come on now Mr Smith.

It has been a while, I'll grant you that (no pun intended),

but I do recall us beating you in the last big one that countedthumbsup.gif

post-69328-0-59781600-1393586465_thumb.j

Edited by Will27

Bit hard for Franklin to get any momentum when there's no ball coming into the forward fifty..

Come on now Mr Smith.

We wuz robbed that game!

• Like 1

Come on now Mr Smith.

Khun Will27,

You are indeed hansum man with good heart.

;)

• Like 1

Come on now Mr Smith.

Khun Will27,

You are indeed hansum man with good heart.

wink.png

I think Mr Smith is taking the wee wee.

Think I'll go back to the visa subforum where I get more respectbiggrin.png

• Like 1

The Sydney Swans say marquee recruit Lance Franklin has no fitness worries ahead of the AFL season despite the $10 million man suffering a suspected seizure in January.

A News Ltd report on Saturday revealed Franklin, who made a high-profile switch from Hawthorn in the off-season, was admitted to hospital in early January.

The Swans confirmed it was a precautionary measure which would have no "ongoing impact on his football", and that neither drugs nor alcohol were factors in the scare.

Franklin is one of the league's most damaging forwards, a former Coleman Medallist and his signing with the Swans is considered the coup of the off-season.

He signed a nine-year, $10 million deal with the Swans at the end of last year.

Franklin played in Sydney's 10.12 (72) to 5.7 (37) loss to West Coast on Thursday, having little impact on a dire night for the Swans.

But club officials are confident there will be no long-term concerns surrounding the 27-year-old's future.

"This was a minor medical matter and Franklin returned to training after missing just one session," the club said in a statement released to News Ltd.

"Since then, Franklin has felt no ill-effects as a result.

"This is a private medical matter, and as to avoid any unnecessary speculation, Franklins doctors confirmed that neither alcohol nor drugs played a role."

The Sydney Swans say marquee recruit Lance Franklin has no fitness worries ahead of the AFL season despite the $10 million man suffering a suspected seizure in January.

A News Ltd report on Saturday revealed Franklin, who made a high-profile switch from Hawthorn in the off-season, was admitted to hospital in early January.

The Swans confirmed it was a precautionary measure which would have no "ongoing impact on his football", and that neither drugs nor alcohol were factors in the scare.

Franklin is one of the league's most damaging forwards, a former Coleman Medallist and his signing with the Swans is considered the coup of the off-season.

He signed a nine-year, $10 million deal with the Swans at the end of last year.

Franklin played in Sydney's 10.12 (72) to 5.7 (37) loss to West Coast on Thursday, having little impact on a dire night for the Swans.

But club officials are confident there will be no long-term concerns surrounding the 27-year-old's future.

"This was a minor medical matter and Franklin returned to training after missing just one session," the club said in a statement released to News Ltd.

"Since then, Franklin has felt no ill-effects as a result.

"This is a private medical matter, and as to avoid any unnecessary speculation, Franklins doctors confirmed that neither alcohol nor drugs played a role."

Was just listening to the discussion on SEN and they were saying it was on the 3rd January. Apparently it is his 2nd known seizure.

Well the saints are off to a bad start. Just lost our reigning best and fairest winner and number one midfielder, Jack Steven for up to 14 weeks, injured his right foot at training. With Dal Santo gone to north and Steven out that is a big hole in our midfield. Let's hope Savage from Hawthorn can step up and help Hayes who is getting old and brittle.

Guess I have to drop Steven from my dreamteam.

Edited by chooka

Well the saints are off to a bad start. Just lost our reigning best and fairest winner and number one midfielder, Jack Steven for up to 14 weeks, injured his right foot at training. With Dal Santo gone to north and Steven out that is a big hole in our midfield. Let's hope Savage from Hawthorn can step up and help Hayes who is getting old and brittle.

bugger

Come on now Mr Smith.

I still have a 2006 Eagles jumper signed by all those guys in that picture.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

bugger

Yea bugger our last midfielder, Lenny Hayes has just done a hamstring in the game against GWS.

OK after watching the game today, I will be the first to say that St Kilda will get the wooden spoon.

They were totally disgusting as a football team, had no skills and wouldn't beat an under 12's. Time to dump the coach, Alan you are worse than that <deleted> Watters.

GWS has the;

SWANS

Saints

Melb

Dogs

in 1st 4 weeks, they can win 3 out of 4.

Saints have

Melb

GWS

West Coast

Adelaide

Can't see us wining any of those but can see GWS 3 out of 4 leaving the saints to rot at the bottom.

Can't tank as GWS still have 1st pick in the 2014 draft.

The saints are <deleted> and wouldn't know a football if they tripped over it, but I still love them. Never seen them win a grand final but maybe in my life I may see it.

Edited by chooka

OK after watching the game today, I will be the first to say that St Kilda will get the wooden spoon.

They were totally disgusting as a football team, had no skills and wouldn't beat an under 12's. Time to dump the coach, Alan you are worse than that <deleted> Watters.

GWS has the;

SWANS

Saints

Melb

Dogs

Saints have

Melb

GWS

West Coast

Adelaide

Can't see us wining any of those but can see GWS 3 out of 4 leaving the saints to rot at the bottom.

Wont help your chances in the tipping comp either. You pick the Saints every week.

• Like 1

GWS has the;

SWANS

Saints

Melb

Dogs

Saints have

Melb

GWS

West Coast

Adelaide

Wont help your chances in the tipping comp either. You pick the Saints every week.

In the tipping comp, I don't think I will be tipping the saints in any game. I am tipping them for the spoon. Saints are stuffed for the next 30 yrs and I blame Ross Lyon for that. He refused to blood young guys unlike geelong at the same period. Ross will do the same with freo it is a personal ting for him and he is after the flag and f&^ck the club.

Watters was an idiot and had no idea how to manage his players and they hated him. Alan Richardson amongst sainsts supporters is starting to look like an idiot also and people want him gone even before the season has started,

Inside, various coaches say we need to do this and that and he just says ok, no leadership, he is just laid back and let's everyone else do the work. The coaching group do not like him as the figure head

Edited by chooka

Leaked report from ASADA http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-01/bombers-players-names-leaked-from-asada-report/5293176

Twelve current AFL players have been named as telling anti-doping investigators they thought they had been injected with peptides.

The names of the players have been leaked from the ASADA report into drug use at Essendon, which was last week reported to have been brought to a close.

It has been reported that Essendon has called a club crisis meeting after the names of 10 current Bombers players was among those leaked.

News Corp has reported the players told investigators they believed they had been injected with what they believed to be either Thymosin, AOD-9604 or both.

The News Corp report claimed Bombers captain Jobe Watson was among the group.

Other Bombers players to be named are Dyson Heppell, Michael Hurley, Tom Bellchambers, Jake Melksham, Heath Hocking, Michael Hibberd, Kyle Hardingham, Tayte Pears and Alex Browne.

Stewart Crameri, now at the Western Bulldogs, Scott Gumbleton, now at Fremantle, and delisted players Riky Dyson and Sam Lonergan have also been named.

ASADA announced last week that investigations into drug use at Essendon and NRL club Cronulla were complete and retired Federal Court judge Garry Downe was not to review the briefs.

• Like 1

Leaked report from ASADA http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-01/bombers-players-names-leaked-from-asada-report/5293176

Twelve current AFL players have been named as telling anti-doping investigators they thought they had been injected with peptides.

The names of the players have been leaked from the ASADA report into drug use at Essendon, which was last week reported to have been brought to a close.

It has been reported that Essendon has called a club crisis meeting after the names of 10 current Bombers players was among those leaked.

News Corp has reported the players told investigators they believed they had been injected with what they believed to be either Thymosin, AOD-9604 or both.

Other Bombers players to be named are Dyson Heppell, Michael Hurley, Tom Bellchambers, Jake Melksham, Heath Hocking, Michael Hibberd, Kyle Hardingham, Tayte Pears and Alex Browne.

Stewart Crameri, now at the Western Bulldogs, Scott Gumbleton, now at Fremantle, and delisted players Riky Dyson and Sam Lonergan have also been named.

ASADA announced last week that investigations into drug use at Essendon and NRL club Cronulla were complete and retired Federal Court judge Garry Downe was not to review the briefs.

Essendon may just have the guts of the team ripped out for a couple of years.

Thank f*** none of them in my DT tongue.png

Good point. I need to take that into account

I have Watson but I will leave him until I see what happens, can trade out at anytime. Had to trade Jack Steven as he is now longterm injured.

Dons outraged after players' names revealed

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-02/dons-outraged

GWS has the;

SWANS

Saints

Melb

Dogs

Saints have

Melb

GWS

West Coast

Adelaide

In the tipping comp, I don't think I will be tipping the saints in any game. I am tipping them for the spoon. Saints are stuffed for the next 30 yrs and I blame Ross Lyon for that. He refused to blood young guys unlike geelong at the same period. Ross will do the same with freo it is a personal ting for him and he is after the flag and f&^ck the club.

Watters was an idiot and had no idea how to manage his players and they hated him. Alan Richardson amongst sainsts supporters is starting to look like an idiot also and people want him gone even before the season has started,

Inside, various coaches say we need to do this and that and he just says ok, no leadership, he is just laid back and let's everyone else do the work. The coaching group do not like him as the figure head

Here we go again.....................the massage man hanging it on the new coach...or is the boot studder? the door man? There is a reason the Saints have only ever one flag....think about it.

And its a bit like blaming the current economic mess Australia appears to be in on Ronald Reagan, come on man Ross the boss had the team to take a flag just a bit of bad luck, you hated him for leaving your shoot yourself in the foot club your putting all the blame on the "coach" in fact so are your informers, it starts at the top, the big buck boys.......... coach and players are just foot soldiers, if there has been a mistake made "again" go after the board and president.

And mr chooka its not a given you will get done by us.

By the way i saw your post on the northern succession talk thats been thrown around i think you should stick to football my man.

GWS has the;

SWANS

Saints

Melb

Dogs

Saints have

Melb

GWS

West Coast

Adelaide

Here we go again.....................the massage man hanging it on the new coach...or is the boot studder? the door man? There is a reason the Saints have only ever one flag....think about it.

And its a bit like blaming the current economic mess Australia appears to be in on Ronald Reagan, come on man Ross the boss had the team to take a flag just a bit of bad luck, you hated him for leaving your shoot yourself in the foot club your putting all the blame on the "coach" in fact so are your informers, it starts at the top, the big buck boys.......... coach and players are just foot soldiers, if there has been a mistake made "again" go after the board and president.

And mr chooka its not a given you will get done by us.

By the way i saw your post on the northern succession talk thats been thrown around i think you should stick to football my man.

I do stick to Football and only football. Not interested in netball, baseball, hockey or soccer. I love Football so what is your point? What is the northern succession? We will play in New Zealand and in Queensland but we won't be moving north.

I thought he was rusted on for another 20 years. Seems like a guy who likes to hold some power.

Didn't he get a job offer from the WTA (World Tennis)?

He said late last year he had got a job offer from the ATP.

I read an article a while back about Demetriou doing the rounds at last years GF, giving the impression he was saying good bye to people.

Interesting he waited until March to officially announce it. I guess Early January wouldn't have got him the same publicity.

I thought he was rusted on for another 20 years. Seems like a guy who likes to hold some power.

Didn't he get a job offer from the WTA (World Tennis)?

He said late last year he had got a job offer from the ATP.

I read an article a while back about Demetriou doing the rounds at last years GF, giving the impression he was saying good bye to people.

Interesting he waited until March to officially announce it. I guess Early January wouldn't have got him the same publicity.

The meatloaf thing had just become to much for him.tongue.png