Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Mitch Robinson left shocked at being dumped by Carlton Blues according to manager

DUMPED Carlton utility Mitch Robinson was shocked to hear he was unwanted by the club.

Robinson, 25, was told on Tuesday his time at Visy Park was over — a month after he lied about being in a 5am city brawl that also involved teammate Jeff Garlett.

The Blues are working to engineer a trade, but even if there are no suitors Robinson will be offered up as a delisted free agent. He has just come out of contract.

It is understood Garlett, 25, is not safe either. Despite retirements, the sacking of Josh Bootsma and several delistings, Garlett has been told that if a suitable trade arises he, too, will be leaving.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mitch-robinson-left-shocked-at-being-dumped-by-carlton-blues-according-to-manager/story-fni5f5nx-1227046723395

+++

KhunWill, handsome man with good heart, what do you think the odds are of having Bootsma return home to WA and Mitch Robinson following him? They look similar. What do you think?

post-147205-0-50177500-1409740452.jpg post-147205-0-49059100-1409740453_thumb.

Edited by BookMan

Attending the Collingwood Fan’s Forum

Last night, I snuck into Collingwood’s fan forum.It wasn’t that hard to do, I walked in carrying a slab of Woodstock Bourbon and coke and I also hadn’t showered for three days.

There were about 1000 people there and apart from looking like a casting call for Underbelly, they were all pretty pleasant.

The meeting kicked off with an address by Club President Eddie McGuire. He talked a lot about Collingwood, so it just seemed like listening to him on TV or his radio show.

Eddie’s speech was very ‘pro-Collingwood’ and ‘pro-the decisions Eddie has made.’

The key theme of his speech was that Collingwood were very well placed to challenge for a Premiership in the next few years and failure this year was all Sydney’s fault.

He carefully explained how the Swans and many interstate clubs had secret underground laboratories that used the DNA of great AFL players to create ‘super footballers’.

Eddie said this was all the work of an anti-Collingwood group at the highest levels of power. This is why Adam Goodes was named Australian of the Year.

I have to admit, it was a pretty convincing argument.

He then said criticism of ‘Eddie McGuire Thought’ in the movement would not be tolerated and members would be expelled if they didn’t toe the party line.

He explained that Nathan was an amazing coach, Mick Malthouse was a traitor to the club and equalisation was the work of ‘foreign devils from South Australia.

http://titusoreily.com/attending-collingwood-fans-forum/

were you bored or something? well what you expect the wreatch to say? he was speaking to the faithful most unlikly anyone was going to buck up was there mr b...

Mitch Robinson left shocked at being dumped by Carlton Blues according to manager

DUMPED Carlton utility Mitch Robinson was shocked to hear he was unwanted by the club.

Robinson, 25, was told on Tuesday his time at Visy Park was over — a month after he lied about being in a 5am city brawl that also involved teammate Jeff Garlett.

The Blues are working to engineer a trade, but even if there are no suitors Robinson will be offered up as a delisted free agent. He has just come out of contract.

It is understood Garlett, 25, is not safe either. Despite retirements, the sacking of Josh Bootsma and several delistings, Garlett has been told that if a suitable trade arises he, too, will be leaving.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mitch-robinson-left-shocked-at-being-dumped-by-carlton-blues-according-to-manager/story-fni5f5nx-1227046723395

+++

KhunWill, handsome man with good heart, what do you think the odds are of having Bootsma return home to WA and Mitch Robinson following him? They look similar. What do you think?

attachicon.gifBootsma.jpg attachicon.gifMitch.jpg

They do look similar BookMan.

Siamese twins sharing one brain.

I don't like Carltons chances of trading him now he's out of contract.

he must be a right dunderhead to be shocked. Blind Freddy could see he was in trouble.

We'll take Garlett (for nothing) thoughsmile.png

Edited by Will27

Attending the Collingwood Fan’s Forum

Last night, I snuck into Collingwood’s fan forum.It wasn’t that hard to do, I walked in carrying a slab of Woodstock Bourbon and coke and I also hadn’t showered for three days.

There were about 1000 people there and apart from looking like a casting call for Underbelly, they were all pretty pleasant.

The meeting kicked off with an address by Club President Eddie McGuire. He talked a lot about Collingwood, so it just seemed like listening to him on TV or his radio show.

Eddie’s speech was very ‘pro-Collingwood’ and ‘pro-the decisions Eddie has made.’

The key theme of his speech was that Collingwood were very well placed to challenge for a Premiership in the next few years and failure this year was all Sydney’s fault.

He carefully explained how the Swans and many interstate clubs had secret underground laboratories that used the DNA of great AFL players to create ‘super footballers’.

Eddie said this was all the work of an anti-Collingwood group at the highest levels of power. This is why Adam Goodes was named Australian of the Year.

I have to admit, it was a pretty convincing argument.

He then said criticism of ‘Eddie McGuire Thought’ in the movement would not be tolerated and members would be expelled if they didn’t toe the party line.

He explained that Nathan was an amazing coach, Mick Malthouse was a traitor to the club and equalisation was the work of ‘foreign devils from South Australia.

http://titusoreily.com/attending-collingwood-fans-forum/

were you bored or something? well what you expect the wreatch to say? he was speaking to the faithful most unlikly anyone was going to buck up was there mr b...

blink.png

• Like 1

The Swans are anticipating a possible SCG home final, with the expected abundance of local teams in the NRL's playoffs potentially causing scheduling issues with the AFL.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-03/scg-still-in-finals-mix

I hope this is the case as I believe ANZ stadium is a very poor venue for the any AFL team to play. .

• Like 2

The Swans are anticipating a possible SCG home final, with the expected abundance of local teams in the NRL's playoffs potentially causing scheduling issues with the AFL.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-03/scg-still-in-finals-mix

I hope this is the case as I believe ANZ stadium is a very poor venue for the any AFL team to play. .

Apparently the AFL head honchos have the contract with ANZ stadium and the Swans are obliged to play due to that.

Lot of information from Andrew Ireland here on the Swans site

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-09-03/state-of-play-andrew-ireland-finals-eve

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Pretty insightful interview there with Ireland. Lots of things in the pipeline that if they get over the line the Swans look set to be better than the Brisbane of the previous decade especially if we can maintain the level of quality.

The thing that stood out was ANZ Stadium's plans to put a roof on the the bloody thing. That will be one <deleted> up looking stadium if they do that, better for the stadium but it'll look <deleted> goofy (in it's present form of course) they really do need to stop using it for a good 6-12 months, rip the turf up and relay every square millimtere. It looks like a badly beaten up patchwork quilt.

• Like 1

Looks like WCE's new midfielder Tom Mitchell didn't make the cutbiggrin.png

Five back for the Swans and Fyfe back for Freo.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/teams

Have to feel sorry for Mitchell. 13 tackles last week, 29 disposals )equal second highest). His passing by foot was poor though.

Hope Bird is fully fit, otherwise a risk including him.

Leaving Mitchell out is more surprising given that the forecast for Saturday is cold and wet. A wet ground will benefit Freo more and Mitcehll's tacling would surely be a bonus.

Bird, good player, just his game readiness I am concerned about

Don't know if you have heard but the dockers have spent two hours sitting on a plane waiting to go to Sydney. They look like going now at either midnight or tomorrow morning which throws out their training schedule

First they lose their key defenders, now they have travel hiccups!

Just keeps getting better for us Sydney supporters tongue.png

• Like 2

Have to feel sorry for Mitchell. 13 tackles last week, 29 disposals )equal second highest). His passing by foot was poor though.

I think that seems to be Mitchell's main problem.

he's not a great kick but he sure knows to get hold of it.

Reading the article looks like 3 home games and all finals at ANZ under the agreement.

I'd prefer to see them at the SCG with home ground advantage. I don't thin ANZ gives them any crowd advantage at all.

That's been the exact argument since its inception, there's no home ground advantage, look at the win/loss records for both grounds during the length of the contract. We lose far more often that I'd like to see at ANZ. It's really a soul sucking stadium and lest we not mention the playing surface which is pathetic, so much so that there is no "kick to kick" permitted at ANZ after the game, compared to the SCG which is like a golf course fairway. Really nice to walk around on, not to mention kick a footy on wink.png

The only way that the SCG sees a final is in the event that 1. The AFL says the surface at ANZ is shit or 2. there's an event clash. But the agreement itself is the result of the SCG Trust being a greedy bunch of rex hunts to begin with.

Make your bed now sleep in it kind of stuff.

The SCG will not see a final in our lifetime fullstop(.)

Even if Port v Crows GF it would be played at the MCG, the way it should be.

Tradition sticks.

• Like 1

The feel good story of the week. The Saints have dumped that useless piece of excrement Dennis - Lane. This clumsy piece of manure didn't even know what a football was. Total waste of space and thank god the idiot has been thrown in the garbage.

Don't know if you have heard but the dockers have spent two hours sitting on a plane waiting to go to Sydney. They look like going now at either midnight or tomorrow morning which throws out their training schedule

AAAAhhhhhh....big sigh.

You may gloat all you like BM.

Let me remind you....

The feel good story of the week. The Saints have dumped that useless piece of excrement Dennis - Lane. This clumsy piece of manure didn't even know what a football was. Total waste of space and thank god the idiot has been thrown in the garbage.

Should have thought of that before hiring the guy.

Perhapscoffee1.gif

The SCG will not see a final in our lifetime fullstop(.)

Even if Port v Crows GF it would be played at the MCG, the way it should be.

Tradition sticks.

Happened in 2005 mate ;)

Don't believe me? Ask Nick Davis :D

Unless you're referring to the Grand Final, in which case I agree, never going to happen..

• Like 1

Should have thought of that before hiring the guy.

Perhapscoffee1.gif

Sydney thought of it when we gave him to St Kilda. tongue.png

• Like 1

I think that seems to be Mitchell's main problem.

he's not a great kick but he sure knows to get hold of it.

Carlton putting their hand up now..

Levi Casboult staying with Carlton but Blues face battle to snare Sydney’s Tom Mitchell

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/levi-casboult-staying-with-carlton-but-blues-face-battle-to-snare-sydneys-tom-mitchell/story-fnahs424-1227048102445

It looks like Harry Taylor , sorry HERITIER Lumumba is upset with Collingwood again. May now leave the club after being upset by fellow players.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-04/lumumba-could-walk

Harry O'brien mate.

Guy spat the dummy too early. Stuck forever now on 199 games for Collingwood tongue.png

Heard a rumor he's heading West..

:P

It looks like Harry Taylor , sorry HERITIER Lumumba is upset with Collingwood again. May now leave the club after being upset by fellow players.

Harry O'brien mate.

Guy spat the dummy too early. Stuck forever now on 199 games for Collingwood tongue.png

Heard a rumor he's heading West..

tongue.png

Yep, I heard Freo are interestedbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Harry O'brien mate.

Someone asked him if he was off to the mardi gra and he spat the dummy. Rumour has it he wants to go to Carllton.

It's all part of Lyon's underdog plan boys.

Underestimate Freo at your own perilsmile.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Heritier Lumumba could be on his way out of Collingwood joining three other exits

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/heritier-lumumba-could-be-on-his-way-out-of-collingwood-joining-three-other-exits/story-fniv64s8-1227048134544

McGuane said on RSN this morning “I reckon that is a petty thing that he’s taken. He’s created a bushfire out of the spot fire and to me that is unsettling."

Premiership star Barry Hall said that Lumumba’s behaviour needed to be questioned.

“To start questioning your coach and your coaching staff and officials I reckon that shows a real disrespect,” he said on RSN.

“I would never do that in front of a group or in - that would be behind closed doors. His form probably doesn’t warrant his behaviour off the field at this stage.”