AIS One2Call eating up minutes!

Wopanese

I recently brought my unlocked IPhone 4S from the States. I went to the AIS store here in Chiang Mai and signed up for the 599 baht 3G data plan and also bought 200 minutes of talk time. That was at 10 a.m. and I have not called out or received a call at all today, and yet when I just checked my minutes by dialing *121# I was shocked to learn that I now have only 143 minutes left! What the heck? Anybody know what might be happening, and how to get to the bottom of it? Thank you on advance.

Not sure what to say.

We do not pay for in-coming calls here.

I suspect you are confused as to what you have actually purchased.

Can you be very, very, very specific...

can you include a time-line on all theth ings you did, including adding value and subscribing to plans? If there was a lag between the time you activated the SIM/added value and subscribed to a mobile data plan, you would have been paying 1 baht/min if connected to the internet, so in ~ 50 minutes your balance might have decreased from 200 to 143.

what is the name of the SIM you purchased?

how much value did you add?

how did you subscribe to the 599 baht 3G data plan?

how did you purchase 200 minutes? we really don't purchase minutes here on pre-paid, rather you had value, and then pay some default rate per minute.

never seen a reply in minutes left, or used. what is the exact reply to *121# SEND?

did you subscribe to an iSmart pre-paid bundle: http://www.ais.co.th/3g-one-2-call/th/promotion_detail.aspx?type=super_value&id=2

Really need a bit more detail, or you could just go back to the AIS store and ask them what you "purchased" and why your balance seems to have declined unexpectedly.

Maybe there was some "free bonus" associated with your SIM, plan, top-up, etc. and this "143" is the remainder of the free bonus?

Edited by lomatopo

Another thing,with an open data plan,maybe your losing minutes with it on.I keep data turned off.I only use wifi.

Keep the online minutes turned off. Check what apps are on in yournphone and froce stop them, such as Maps. Turn off Data activation too.

Probably not relevant as the OP indicated he might have subscribed to a monthly, unlimited, recurring mobile data plan, "...signed up for the 599 baht 3G data plan".

But yes, if he had not successfully subscribed to a data plan then yes, he would be paying 1.07 baht/min. for each minute he was connected, and probably would have burned through all of his balance in a few hours.

But not enough details to figure out what's going on.

With AIS you can control the data state with the network visa USSD commands:

*129*# SEND should return the current state, on or off

*129*1# SEND should turn data OFF

*129*2# SEND should turn data ON

Thanks, everyone for your insightful replies. Well, today I finally found the culprit. Went to the AIS office with my receipt in hand to inquire about what's been going on and the rep behind the counter noticed that the phone number on my receipt was one digit off from my real number. Seems the last rep I got when I renewed my data plan typed in the number wrong. So when I topped off my phone with 200 baht my real data account was already expired! The supervisor came out and apologized to me about the mistake made by the rep (I think she got written up for it on the spot while I was there) and they reinstated both my data plan and all my minutes, so I feel really good about the outcome. I was afraid that I had signed up for something and was unaware of it and that was the reason my minutes were being eaten up. Problem solved, I hope. And again, thanks for all your helpful replies. Much appreciated.

You could try the AIS eService app: https://itunes.apple.com/th/app/ais-eservice/id399758084

This can be used to front-end USSD commands.

The Android version is excellent.

There should be a list of commands in the documentation which came with your SIM. There are a lot of lists on the interwebs. Example: http://thaiprepaidcard.com/2009/keypress-codes/

I think you're still confused about "minutes", but I'm sure you'll sort it out at some point, or you'll be back with questions again in the future.