3BB ADSL modem configuration

NanLaew

I have relocated to the Pattaya burbs and have 3BB service using their generic Chinese made ADSL2/2 1-port WiFi modem/router.

Previously, I used 3BB in Udon via my own TP-Link 4-port WiFi modem/router and that was grandfathered from the older TT&T Maxnet ADSL and had a specific username/password to access their network.

The installation guys set this new modem up while I was out of the country and I would like to use my TP-Link modem/router instead.

Does anyone have the setup configurations for 3BB, namely the username and password they use to identify the modem/router on their system? I already have the username/passwords to get to the hardware admin/setup pages of these modem/routers, just need to make sure that it can talk with 3BB servers.

Thanks

NL

I did a quick search here and on some Thai tech forums.

I think you’ll need to contact 3BB (phone, email , FB) using your account number, and they’ll give you the username and password which was used to set up your account.

This assumes the username and password are masked in your Chinese-made router, and that you cannot determine what these are. And that they did not leave this information along with any work-order/paperwork after the installation.

Edited by lomatopo

The number and password should be on the paperwork you get when you get your account set up. It could have been changed since then. If so the helpdesk is helpful though I have found that even with the english language people (though some speak well) it is of benifit sometimes to be able to speak thai or have someone with you that can.

Thanks chaps. Indeed when I had 3BB in Udon, they did leave me with paperwork with this info and I recall that the username was the original TT&T phone line number that the 3BB was grandfathered onto. Something like 038421299@something and/or the phone line number as the password. Maybe they use the account number now?

The local chaps didn't leave any paperwork when they installed it here. In fact, when I lost internet a month ago, they had me bring the modem/router to their shop so that they could check it out. It was OK and then they sent a tech out to sort the issue with the wire on a nearby power pole so I still haven't got the username info. But I will drop by the shop here and ask for it since I want to change the modem/router out, it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for the tips.

Update on this. I have the UserName already as it is shown on the modem/router logon page in Firefox. However, the password is hidden and when I try a couple of known methods to unhide the password in Firefox browser, it changes from eight dots to 8 asterisks. I also installed an add-in on Chrome to reveal passwords and it shows the same.... unless 3BB's default password is in reality eight asterisks!

The local chaps could have used any password, assume you tried "password"? smile.png

Just contact 3BB: email, telephone, facebook (many, many requests there); they'll give you the username and password - just be sure to give them some account details (account number, name, address). You could be done by now?

Edited by lomatopo

Standard Web interface password on a Huawei is admin 3bb

The username will probably be in the form.... 1234u3u4u@3bbnex or something similar.

They will help you on the phone.

There have been several changes to the system in the last couple of years and the protocols used in the old modem may not work well with the new system.

Edited by harrry

Hello,

I am from 3BB I suggest you contact the call center on 1530 provide them with your account number you can find this on your invoice. Or if you do not have this available your telephone number name and address.

In Thai

1530 press 3 for technical support, they will ask if you are using a router or WIFI and your province and area, they will then transfer your line to the appropriate area tech support team.

In English,

1530 and press 9 and explain your problem.

Have a good day and thanks for using 3BB broadband Internet