Suthep rejects House dissolution

webfact

Suthep rejects House dissolution

suthep-4-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Anti-Thaksin leader Suthep Thaugsuban this morning rejected the prime minister’s House dissolution and holding of general election saying she must hand over power to the people to form a people’s council to appoint outsiders to be a caretaker government.

Suthep, secretary-general of the People’s Committee for Democratic Reform (PCDR), said after hearing the announcement of the dissolution of the House of Representatives by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on a live TV Pool broadcast, that the dissolution of the House and the general election would only bring back the old regime to rule the country again.

He said this was not a solution to the country’s deep-rooted problems of election frauds and corruption.

He said the PCDR wanted the prime minister to return the power to the mass represented by the PCDR , paving the way to the formation of a people’s council to appoint an interim government from outsiders to rule the country and supervise clean election.

Suthep said this would ensure that the Thaksin regime would never return to power in this country.

Suthep this morning led several thousands of demonstrators to Government House from the Government Complex.

Demonstrators from eight other locations in the capital, namely, Democracy Monument, Narng Lerng, Silom, Asoke, Victory Monument, also started moving out along all streets leading to Government House.’

The People’s Network for the Overthrow of Thaksin Regime also rejected the prime minister’s House dissolution.

They said they wanted the prime minister to leave the country so that the People’s Council could appoint a caretaker government to supervise election

At 11.00 a.m. today over ten thousand demonstrators have arrived and surrounded the Government House.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-rejects-house-dissolution/

-- Thai PBS 2013-12-09

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look at what most of my posts are about... they certainly not here in the news section.

I like many others have seen loads of new posters come out of the woodwork supporting Mr T. This is all they do.. its just strange. Of course I could be wrong but I would bet my life on it that there are more then a few paid to post guys around here. Not saying this guy is one of those for sure.

Just like 2010 then. Whatever happened to MCsquared? And where's Slater'sparrot et al gone?

• Like 1

Suthep claimed that he is bringing the power back to people. Let the people vote then. It's like my way or highway deal, not true democracy.

No need to vote. They are on the street now, and you just just count them.

This guy is such a plank. :-)

My thoughts exactly..

He knows that an election will bring back the current government - but then it's what the people of Thailand want. Sooner or later they will have to accept that democracy means that who wins an election is the chosen person to lead, regardless of whether they agree or not.

All of those who scream vote buying.. don't be so naive to think that it's just one party doing it.. we got the same amount from all candidates last time blink.png

totster smile.png

The article by Chris Baker and Acharn Pasuk in the BP yesterday demolished the argument vote buying influences electoral results once and for all.From now on those who invoke vote buying as an argument against democracy in Thailand need to show evidence and demonstrate their case.Otherwise there is no need to bother with them.

How about some logic then..

If vote buying does not work why is it done

Remember Mr T his remarks those who did not vote for me won't be helped (threat to the South)

If stuff like this does not work... then why it is done.. I am sure they much rather keep they money themselves.

Suthep claimed that he is bringing the power back to people. Let the people vote then. It's like my way or highway deal, not true democracy.

My thoughts exactly.

As bad as the Shinawats are if the people still want them to rule Thailand on their terms then quite frankly they deserve them. Everybody else will just have to make the most of it.

You can lead a buffalo to water etcetera, etcetera.....

Buffalos are not allowed to vote, but poor Issan rice farmers do.

Corruption will always exist no matter who is in charge. Instead of protesting and demanding their ways of managing the country, finding a solution for a better check and balance system and protecting The Constitutions from being amended to particular individual's favor would be more the ideal. Personally, I view it as a battle for power.

• Like 1

Corruption will always exist no matter who is in charge. Instead of protesting and demanding their ways of managing the country, finding a solution for a better check and balance system and protecting The Constitutions from being amended to particular individual's favor would be more the ideal. Personally, I view it as a battle for power.

Sure... tackle the corruption and the politicians would not fight as hard for power as they would not be able to recuperate their money invested money. It would help a lot.. a strong independent anti corruption agency with power and without bias.

Thai politics is a total non sense .... bring down a corrupted government for another one .... I dont remember during Democrats ruling that corruption was less than now .

It was, and a lot less.

But that is not the point.

The point is that Mark & Korn et al, do not buy vote from poor red rice farmers.

Edited by Spare