PM Yingluck pleads for justice as PDRC pushes on with its ultimatum

webfact

In the finest traditions of Thai soap-opera, the poor little misunderstood rich girl struggles to contain a tear, then turns away smirking, while she maintains that all she & her family want is peace, not the political-power to which she/they feel they're entitled ! facepalm.gif

• Like 1

How satisfying to see her beg for justice. In light of her government's systematic destruction of justice and fair play. How quickly the game can change hey madam PM?

Classic!

I think she has handled this incredibly well and minimal loss of life which is more than can be said for Abhisit when he was faced with the same situation anyway this lady has handled it with class, intelligence and with obvious concern for thai people.

It could of been a lot worse has she put up more of a fight and the red shirt disbanded their demonstration I KNOW WHO THE SMART ONES were in this debatical.

But I dont see an end to this if Suthep gets his way we will see the Reds come out in force and we know how he and Abhisit handles protesters. dont we.

It was certainly NOT the same situation. But since you have the red mist in your eyes you can't see the difference....

Tired of this nonsense: an user expressing an opinion different from yours doesn't deserve to get offended.

My opinion...

Not the right thread, but interesting. Mods please move to right thread :-) People count calculated from satelite imagery. Not quite a million but definitely more than 100 000 as claimed by RTP.

The 519 070 is the count of people on the photos. The 207 628 is based on a 40% of total calculation for people coming and going throughout the day.

NB: Please note that this is not an official release and is not endorsed by the company that prepared this information (They have not been contracted/requested to do this - it is just a private observation using traditional people-count calculations - not 100% accurate). You may link/use this photo if you please, but PLEASE add a similair disclaimer to the one I have - I don't want to be sued facepalm.gif

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1507024_10151871072573598_859044662_n.jpg

Edited by SABloke

How satisfying to see her beg for justice. In light of her government's systematic destruction of justice and fair play. How quickly the game can change hey madam PM?

Classic!

You are a wee sick puppy my friend. When you see what Suthep has been up too you will pray for Yingluck's government to come back. We foreigners may well be the first victims of the Putch.

• Like 1

Not the right thread, but interesting. Mods please move to right thread :-) People count calculated from satelite imagery. Not quite a million but definitely more than 100 000 as claimed by RTP.

The 519 070 is the count of people on the photos. The 207 628 is based on a 40% of total calculation for people coming and going throughout the day.

NB: Please note that this is not an official release and is not endorsed by the company that prepared this information (They have not been contracted/requested to do this - it is just a private observation using traditional people-count calculations - not 100% accurate). You may link/use this photo if you please, but PLEASE add a similair disclaimer to the one I have - I don't want to be sued facepalm.gif

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1507024_10151871072573598_859044662_n.jpg

Thanks a lot SABloke.

Finally a neutral estimation! Impossible to find in Thailand...

Both estimation given by 2 parts were ridiculous (Millions by the Suthep claque) - 100,000 by the Shin clan.

If only Thais could search for balanced news, maybe this country would be a better one!

Thanks a lot SABloke.

Both estimation given by 2 parts were ridiculous (Millions by the Suthep claque) - 100,000 by the Shin clan.

If only Thais could search for balanced news, maybe this country would be a better one!

Aahh - balanced news in Thailand - seems too good to be true :-)

I should add though (I don't like to provide false information): The calculations were based on aerial photographs and NOT satelite imagery (bit of 'lost in translation' on my part) EDIT function not working - so I'm just adding the info in this reply.

Thanks a lot SABloke.

Aahh - balanced news in Thailand - seems too good to be true :-)

I should add though (I don't like to provide false information): The calculations were based on aerial photographs and NOT satelite imagery (bit of 'lost in translation' on my part) EDIT function not working - so I'm just adding the info in this reply.

Thanks for your add, and I would say it seems a quite accurate estimation.

Talking about balanced news in Thailand, not only too good to be true, but utopia lol. ;)

Although this a repeat I will post the following quote again :

Yingluck asks for justice? Louder cry for justice is made by Nicha HiranburanaThuwatham - wife of late Col Romklao Nicha : Have u provide justice for families of injured and dead soldiers in 2010? I've asked DSI to speed up the probe but to no avail.

Nicha: In your capacity as PM, you haven't given justice to all the people and worse, you supported the Amnesty Bill and told us to forgive.

Nicha: At least one family, the family of Col Romklao, has not received any justice from you.

You will no doubt all remember that the late Col Ramklao was killed be a red shirt grenade.

Justice Yingluck ?

How can you expect justice when you deny it to others ?

• Like 2

Classic!

I think she has handled this incredibly well and minimal loss of life which is more than can be said for Abhisit when he was faced with the same situation anyway this lady has handled it with class, intelligence and with obvious concern for thai people.

It could of been a lot worse has she put up more of a fight and the red shirt disbanded their demonstration I KNOW WHO THE SMART ONES were in this debatical.

But I dont see an end to this if Suthep gets his way we will see the Reds come out in force and we know how he and Abhisit handles protesters. dont we.

Class can't be bought. Intellect neither. - and " concern for the Thai people"?

You should know better.

She backed down because she is pandering to the World view of, "Ru of Raw", and "democratic"

It's pathetic. Anyone even slightly informed knows better. Why don't you?

In the finest traditions of Thai soap-opera, the poor little misunderstood rich girl struggles to contain a tear, then turns away smirking, while she maintains that all she & her family want is peace, not the political-power to which she/they feel they're entitled ! facepalm.gif

The other side camera view was much more telling.

There are always acceptable levels of corruption. It's a matter of how much a country can withstand without going bankrupt and leaving it's citizens destitute. Given the circumstances facing Thailand today- the present administration is bound to fail. What will be left in the wake- is frightening.

Classic!

You are a wee sick puppy my friend. When you see what Suthep has been up too you will pray for Yingluck's government to come back. We foreigners may well be the first victims of the Putch.

classic nonsence with no credible proof,utter tosh,..we foreigners will be pushed over a cliff is my bet,,like lemmings eh indyuk..get real and dont troll.your better than that..surely.........

• Like 1

And still less than the 16 million that voted for the PTP and the 11 million that voted for the dems, so really what is your point?

I hope you're not saying that the people on the streets have the moral high-ground in promoting "democracy".

And still less than the 16 million that voted for the PTP and the 11 million that voted for the dems, so really what is your point?

I hope you're not saying that the people on the streets have the moral high-ground in promoting "democracy".

So why did Yingluck dissolve Parliament so readily after saying she wouldn't?

Could it be the sheer numbers of Thais protesting against her government spooked her?

It's all very well to quote numbers from an election two and a half years ago, but when the entire middle class and a considerable percentage of the working class of the capital city march in unprecedented numbers asking you to go it can't be a nice feeling.

Classic!

classic nonsence with no credible proof,utter tosh,..we foreigners will be pushed over a cliff is my bet,,like lemmings eh indyuk..get real and dont troll.your better than that..surely.........

Actually, no he isn't better that that and most times a lot worse.

The world would be better of with the Democrat Party leaders and their family out of the country. The fact that they threatened a 10 year old child says it all. suthep = scum

Do you have ANY proof at all of that accusation other than it was relaesed by the PTP?

The headmaster of the school denies it, the school denies it, yet you believe that people who were there are wrong.

You brought it up, now you PROVE it or shut up about it.

Abhisit and Suthep threatened a ten year old child?

I read that a spokesperson from mummy's office claimed he was threatened by some 'elite' parents at his school for 'elite' children but a fact? I don't think so.

Classic!

Actually, no he isn't better that that and most times a lot worse.

I don't believe jaidam could ever consider a Yingluck return, (of course this would not remove it as a possibility) however the point indyuk mentions regarding the foreigner residing in Thailand should perhaps not be totally ignored, of course 'head in sand' is an option.