its a bit quiet......

eezergood

Theres still morons trying to join Heroines circle in the mornings desperately trying to create about 7 lanes side by side when there really is only room for 3 at best. So in my opinion, bussines as usual. Traffic the usual high season madness.

The Christmas gap, an effect which is clearly noticeable every year, the last 2 weeks before roughly December 20. Tourists who want to celebrate Xmas/New Year at home have left already, and those who want to celebrate it here have not arrived yet. You might notice another small gap around January 21, when tourists who were here for the festive season are going home massively.

• Like 1

I always leave Phuket during high season cannot stand all the tourists and traffic , shall return in April, when it's quieter again.

I love Phuket but not during high season does not work for me, all those tourists.

Are we not all considered " tourists"?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The gap seems to have started from the beginning of Dec!!!!

perhaps TAT could announce a gap season, so tour operators and hotels can hike up their prices to cover for any lost earnings

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Luckily for my business, I don't lose out when customers cancel, since the industry norm for last-minute cancellations is a fee of the first night of stay. And my customers only stay one night anyway..... (transit hotel etc).

But it doesn't bode well for businesses in Phuket. I just drove down to the new Thai Watsadu store (wow! low prices!!),. and the roads were very quiet.

Simon

Phuket Town is always a traffic nightmare. The language my daughter has picked up from me just being driven to and from would make a longshoreman cringe.

The never-ending protests in front of Sala Klang worsen the situation; even after they 'win' they are still out there blocking the streets.

Who are these people? Don't they have jobs to do? Why are they always in my way? I just want to go from Point A to Point B with minimal hassle.

I can't wait to move to Songkhla...

mostly unemployed people..

I always leave Phuket during high season cannot stand all the tourists and traffic , shall return in April, when it's quieter again.

I love Phuket but not during high season does not work for me, all those tourists.

Once high season was the nicest time on the year here whatever way you looked at it. It was like when October was done it was paradise for 6 months. Kind a waiting for Christmas without the rat race in Europe. Now the rat race is here. Then again for us from Northern Europe and which is here for the warm climate, to go home now would mean its better to move back home permanently because when spring come in Europe many of us emigrate as the birds and IMO nothing beat the summer back home. Anyway, nowadays I understand your point very well.

• Like 1

Phuket Town is always a traffic nightmare. The language my daughter has picked up from me just being driven to and from would make a longshoreman cringe.

The never-ending protests in front of Sala Klang worsen the situation; even after they 'win' they are still out there blocking the streets.

Who are these people? Don't they have jobs to do? Why are they always in my way? I just want to go from Point A to Point B with minimal hassle.

I can't wait to move to Songkhla...

mostly unemployed people..

Ah!! but somebody is paying them rolleyes.gif

Also getting the feeling it's a bit quiet for the time of the year now. Bars/restaurants in Khao Lak having few customers, not only due to the fact the number of places keeps increasing rapidly. Ads you get to see on the internet are based on surfing behavior, I get flooded with Agoda ads offering Khao Lak hotels quite cheaply, sad for the owners especially if you know that Agoda takes at least an at least 17% commission.

Tourists which are there hold on tightly to their money, like people going through great lengths trying to haggle down the price of a room which costs 500 or 600 Baht.

• Like 1