Health Check-Ups for Men: 2,500b

RajavejChiangmai

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst this thread is back--'Up and Running'--does anyone know what the current price for Male Health Test screening is--are they offering any discounts, at the moment?

I just had the "full monty" check up at Ram and it was 3,700.

DaamNaam, at the conclusion of the full monty were you examined at all by a doctor? 

I had one at Ram and the doctor barely glanced at me when he sat at the desk and seemed to read the printouts. 

Much more thorough at Raj.

Whilst this thread is back--'Up and Running'--does anyone know what the current price for Male Health Test screening is--are they offering any discounts, at the moment?

http://www.rajavejchiangmai.com/hospital/health-check-ups/Rajavej%20Health%20Checkup%20Programs%202014.pdf

Call to check for any discounts. 

Phone +66 53 801 999 Ext. 177 (English)

DaamNaam, at the conclusion of the full monty were you examined at all by a doctor? 

I had one at Ram and the doctor barely glanced at me when he sat at the desk and seemed to read the printouts. 

4 different doctors, a full Panamanian seamans / offshore medical.

6,000-8,000 baht in Bangkok.

Did that include ultra sound?

• Like 1

Never had an ultrasound in a medical, never a requirement for offshore medical, unless your pregnant i guess.

Medical exam

Audiogram

Eye test

Chest x-ray

Vitalograph

ECG

That's about it. 3.5 hours, takes 90 minutes in Singapore. But to be expected here.

thumbsup.gif

The ultrasound is very useful, picked up something on me a few years back that I had no idea about and was able to sort the problem before it became worse.

• Like 1

Never had an ultrasound in a medical, never a requirement for offshore medical, unless your pregnant i guess.

Medical exam

Audiogram

Eye test

Chest x-ray

Vitalograph

ECG

That's about it. 3.5 hours, takes 90 minutes in Singapore. But to be expected here.

Also very useful.

I stopped going to Sriphat for exams due to that same very reason. The doctors never even come near you. They only rely on computer data. The last time I went a few years ago, the doctor was playing with his mobile mostly while occasionally glancing at the computer screen. I complained to him that I didn't think the blood pressure reading by the nurse was accurate (digital machine) and asked him to check again using the sphygmometer which resulted in a cold stare from him - and after he lectured me about my BP being too high. Reluctantly he got up and got the sphygmometer, checked it, and sure enough my BP was much lower. He also neglected to do a DRE even though my PSA was slightly high at the time. When I mentioned it, he said it wasn't necessary. I never went back there for physical exams.

Medical exam

Audiogram

Eye test

Chest x-ray

Vitalograph

ECG

My medical was with Dr. Morgan when I first started seeing her. She gave me the routine and then sent me to the Rajavej where they did a chest x ray and an ultrasound.

Note my test was for my health not  to satisfy some company's medical requirements. wai.gif

You want a laugh you should see the one I was required to get for my retirement visa in Canada. Do you have gonorrhea and 4 other equally dumb questions. My Doctor and I both laughed at them. Mind you if I did I would just have forged his name.cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

I hope no one takes your idea, whether sarcastic or not, to heart and forges anything in order to get a visa.

You would be surprised at the number of farongs here on intentional misinformation.

Yes

Note my test was for my health not  to satisfy some company's medical requirements.

Was sarcastic but it was also true.

I take my health serious and when I go to the doctor it is not just because some thing is wrong. I want to be on top of the problem when it comes up. I am no longer a 50 or 60 something year old and think it is OK to just go to a doctor when some thing is obviously wrong.

As for the lie about it well if I was that kind of a person probably would. But in fact am not. Just pointing out how easy it is to pass some medicals. No knowledge required.

• Like 1