But is it art? London art student to lose virginity in public at gallery

Jingthing

Well, he's probably been saving himself for several months now.

Very possible,!

I know a guy, he didn't practice this 'art' for about 2 years straight, he considered himself a virgin, well, almost.

But it wouldn't last! He met this really cool Thai top guy couple of weeks ago in Pattaya, and he lost his virginity again. He said after 2 year break, it felt like first time.

But only after reading this thread did he found out he is an artist!

No, he's only an artist if he does it in public.

I remember a guy some years ago, in Beijing, I think, who covered himself with honey, and sat naked on a public toilet. This he called 'performance art', presumably because of the pretty patterns made by the flies.

I forbear to comment. BTW, I've never been to Beijing, so I didn't actually see this!

If he was a good looking straight guy, takeing it despite his objections, being penetrated, I'd watch that art. But this guy!? No, not art. But theses art school people have to come up with something shocking, everything has already done by other talentless artists, so he found an alley that hadnt been exploited yet.

How repulsive,but calling it art is ok, not for me and milions

Art is not intended for the masses. And while I have my personal doubts about this particular work of performance art, repulsive it is not.

Unless you go down from the art level to the physical level and take into account that the artist is 'not a looker'. Which is up to the viewer but has no influence on the art per se.

(No, I am not an unconditional art lover, but I couldn't resist this one.)

Sent from my I-405 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by onthemoon

Well, he's probably been saving himself for several months now.

Very possible,!

I know a guy, he didn't practice this 'art' for about 2 years straight, he considered himself a virgin, well, almost.

But it wouldn't last! He met this really cool Thai top guy couple of weeks ago in Pattaya, and he lost his virginity again. He said after 2 year break, it felt like first time.

But only after reading this thread did he found out he is an artist!

No, he's only an artist if he does it in public.

I remember a guy some years ago, in Beijing, I think, who covered himself with honey, and sat naked on a public toilet. This he called 'performance art', presumably because of the pretty patterns made by the flies.

I forbear to comment. BTW, I've never been to Beijing, so I didn't actually see this!

Wasn't there a guy in Germany a few decades ago who coated a bathtub in margarine and that was his break-through piece of art work? Joseph Boyes (sp?), if memory serves.

Sent from my I-405 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wasn't there a guy in Germany a few decades ago who coated a bathtub in margarine and that was his break-through piece of art work? Joseph Boyes (sp?), if memory serves.

You're probably thinking of Joseph Beuys - though I don't believe he ever did anything with a margarine-coated tub. His performance "How to explain pictures to a dead hare" in which he coated his face with honey and cradled a dead hare however has been described as "a new Mona Lisa of the 20th century". He also gave rise to the joke "Do you like Beuys?" "No, I prefer girls".

Art is not intended for the masses.

Really? Who is it intended for then? Some self-selecting minority?

When I was at school I used to get berated by a classmate who told me that listening to Handel wasn't for me as I wasn't posh like him. He had lawyers as parents, I had a single Mum. I'll tell you what I used to tell him. <deleted>! Art is there for anyone who wants to appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was at school I used to get berated by a classmate who told me that listening to Handel wasn't for me as I wasn't posh like him. He had lawyers as parents, I had a single Mum. I'll tell you what I used to tell him. <deleted>! Art is there for anyone who wants to appreciate it.

Let me rephrase that: Art is not targeted at a mass audience. Art exists because the artist wants to express something. Some people get it, others may not.

There is no need that millions appreciate it. If that were the case, it would most likely be commercial rather than art (with exceptions, such as the Mona Lisa which I saw last month again). I was replying to Bernard. I was in no way implying that you need to belong to a certain class to appreciate art.

Let me rephrase that: Art is not targeted at a mass audience. Art exists because the artist wants to express something. Some people get it, others may not.

There is no need that millions appreciate it. If that were the case, it would most likely be commercial rather than art (with exceptions, such as the Mona Lisa which I saw last month again).

Handel was 'commercial'. He earned his living from writing music. Is his music not art?

I wouldn't mind taking part in this kind of ART.

Do PM me if there is an opening. I can do that with virgins every night. LOL

On the other hand, is first time sex always an act of Art? If not, why not? I remember my first time with fondness and must say that it involved no institutions that time.

• 2 months later...

He's a bloody TEASE!

But all that publicity obviously paid off, because Clayton's virginity proved to be one of the most in-demand virginities ever. He had to sift through around 10,000 applications to whittle the audience down to the right 150 people he wanted to attend.

http://www.vice.com/read/i-watched-art-school-steal-my-friends-virginity