Transsexual arrested in million baht Pattaya flight ticket scam

webfact

Transsexual arrested in Million Baht Pattaya Flight Ticket Scam

flight-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 32 year old Pattaya Transsexual was arrested at Suvanarbumi Airport in Bangkok on Friday Night and taken straight to Pattaya Police Station to answer charges of fraud in relation to the sale of Flight Tickets online.

On the strength of arrest warrant number 375/2556 dated 28th May 2013, Immigration Officers at the Airport arrested Khun Pet, who intended to board a flight to Seoul, South Korea. He was taken to Pattaya Police Station where the suspected was handed-over to Detectives who questioned Khun Pet about the allegations of fraud detailed in the warrant.

Khun Pet claimed he worked online from his home in Pattaya, and would place adverts through Google Ads promoting cheap flight tickets. Thai-based and International customers would transfer money to Khun Pet’s Thai bank account and would never receive confirmation of their bookings which never existed in the first-place.

Many complaints from victims of the alleged scam were made through Pattaya Police Station which promoted the issuance of the arrest warrant in May 2013.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/111991/transsexual-arrested-in-million-baht-pattaya-flight-ticket-scam/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-12-14

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do not people understand, sex change surgery is expansive and does require creative thinking.laugh.png

But i am almost certain there is someone else behind the business coffee1.gif

Seriously though, glad to hear they caught him, interested to know how much money was found and will people be reimbursed

• Like 1

Why do not people understand, sex change surgery is expansive and does require creative thinking.laugh.png

Seriously though, glad to hear they caught him, interested to know how much money was found and will people be reimbursed

I think in his case it wouldbe the opposite of expansive. Would it not?whistling.gif

• Like 1

What else am I saying apart from the fact that I think thieves and crooks/scammer like this are scum? People who prey like leaches on the vulnerable. Please, please tell what else it is because I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Could be a lot worse IMHO. They could even pray like leeches...
  • Like 1

Lets not forget that this is just an allegation at this stage.. we all know how often initial stories in the news can be very inaccurate so let's just wait and see what the full story is.

I find it hard to believe that anyone outside of Thailand would be searching online for cheap flights and then on the strength of a chat online with a Thai person (of any gender) would transfer money to a Thai bank account. Honestly, I know some people are dumb.. but not that dumb.

Also, anyone with any experience of google adwords would know that the cost of the ads would be far greater than the small percentage of people who would send cash.

Consider this... anyone that naive would lose all their money soon anyway if they were coming to Thailand.

It's a different story within Thailand. Thai's tend to trust other Thai's and of course google ads targeted at Thai customers would be much cheaper... there are lots of online scams targeting Thai's, this one seems tame compared to many.

Well if he/she/it had been an ex-PM who had been accused of much larger amounts it would have been 'Champagne, Orange Juice or Sparkling Water Sir?'

I wonder if any news forum thread ever goes by here without someone shoehorning a reference to Thaksin. Some people really seem to be approaching obsessional thinking on the matter...

• Like 1

How the hell would people buying tickets know if it was a scam to possibly pay for sex change.

Well if he/she/it had been an ex-PM who had been accused of much larger amounts it would have been 'Champagne, Orange Juice or Sparkling Water Sir?'

I wonder if any news forum thread ever goes by here without someone shoehorning a reference to Thaksin. Some people really seem to be approaching obsessional thinking on the matter...

I am frequently reminded of him by the TV!

Agree with iaianbaxter. The referencing to sexual orientation has nothing to do with the story. If TV wishes to start posting articles like "Heterosexual Indian robbed by two heterosexual massage girls" then I would have no complaint. Otherwise it smacks of discrimination and prejudice.

Exactly... I'm seeing a lot of transphobia here and words that are just as offensive as epithets based on race and sexual orientation. "Tranny" is just as offensive as words like "fag" or "faggot"... The article says transsexual, and if they followed English writing guidelines would have used the appropriate gender in referring to her, and that itself is offensive. Too transsexual is not the same as "ladyboy"... but all need to have their identities respected, whether gay, lesbian, straight, transsexual, transgender, ladyboy....

• Like 1

I have a question, seriously just out of genuine curiosity , ladyboys are sent to male block or female block of the cell?

Male after they have their heads shaved but don't worry, they're happy to get multiple sexual partners in jail.

I know of 2 instances where ladyboys who have intentionally tried to get arrested because of all the sexual attention and free meals they get in jail compared to outside. In fact 1 was all over the news earlier this year - someone from Udon Thani if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

I have a question, seriously just out of genuine curiosity , ladyboys are sent to male block or female block of the cell?

Male after they have their heads shaved but don't worry, they're happy to get multiple sexual partners in jail.

I know of 2 instances where ladyboys who have intentionally tried to get arrested because of all the sexual attention and free meals they get in jail compared to outside. In fact 1 was all over the news earlier this year - someone from Udon Thani if I recall correctly.

Is it the same for gay men and lesbians too...do they wantonly go and get themselves arrested so they can be raped in prison? Or is your hateful post directed specifically at transsexual and transgender people only? Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Agree with iaianbaxter. The referencing to sexual orientation has nothing to do with the story. If TV wishes to start posting articles like "Heterosexual Indian robbed by two heterosexual massage girls" then I would have no complaint. Otherwise it smacks of discrimination and prejudice.

Exactly... I'm seeing a lot of transphobia here and words that are just as offensive as epithets based on race and sexual orientation. "Tranny" is just as offensive as words like "fag" or "faggot"... The article says transsexual, and if they followed English writing guidelines would have used the appropriate gender in referring to her, and that itself is offensive. Too transsexual is not the same as "ladyboy"... but all need to have their identities respected, whether gay, lesbian, straight, transsexual, transgender, ladyboy....

I think "ladyboy" fits in there with transsexual/transgender...no need to list it separately. But, in the interest of completeness, you did leave out transvestite, unless you consider that subsumed under "gay." Edited by OMGImInPattaya