Bad-mouth Brit beggar gets rough Phuket lesson

webfact

Good so !!!!

Whoever hit him should have hit him harder, it's scum like him that gives the rest of us from the UK a bad name.[/quote

5555555 you Brits have a good name ?

Well, if you spent less time in your 'Ivory Tower', you might meet a few of the many respectable Brits who visit Thailand.

Just for once it would be nice to read some objective and intelligent posts.....is that really asking too much?

Between the Europeans, Aussies and Americans, it is only a very small minority who give their country a bad name, and I have met many respectable Brits both tourists and ex pats.

• Like 2

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a crime to beg ? who are to tell me who i can and can not help ?? should be a crime not to help humans in need.

Seems the guy might whack you if your small change was inadequate eh............coffee1.gif

Did he ever attack anyone ? … can you really justify violence in exchange for words ?

Think you should read the OP again, if this guy approached my mrs in an unfriendly way for cash, he would be perhaps in the same condition.

But if he was dressed in an orange robe and had his head shaved, she would gladly hand over the money. Right?

You are correct. It's all in the "approach." :) :)

• Like 1

smelly old racist farangs in this here thread makes me sick reading this .. you have no clue bout this poor fellows life yet you judge being racist and want to see him hang high on the rope..what crime is it to beg ? and using violence against a beggar i can only shake my head the animal that did this is the one who should be put in jail..Classy to step on humans that are already crawling on their knees... you animals makes me sick shame on you … "Immigrants"

Having personally been accosted in a similar fashion on more than one occasion on Bangla Rd by pushy beggars, time share touts, ladyboys and drunk tourists, a person reaches the end of patience quickly. It's one thing to beg for subsistence, but this fellow doesn't look like he is missing many meals and by reports, he became extremely rude when his target didn't cough up a "donation" for his cause. I say that Aziz got off easy.

Self control is a becoming a rare thing these days

• Like 1

smelly old racist farangs in this here thread makes me sick reading this .. you have no clue bout this poor fellows life yet you judge being racist and want to see him hang high on the rope..what crime is it to beg ? and using violence against a beggar i can only shake my head the animal that did this is the one who should be put in jail..Classy to step on humans that are already crawling on their knees... you animals makes me sick shame on you … "Immigrants"

Having personally been accosted in a similar fashion on more than one occasion on Bangla Rd by pushy beggars, time share touts, ladyboys and drunk tourists, a person reaches the end of patience quickly. It's one thing to beg for subsistence, but this fellow doesn't look like he is missing many meals and by reports, he became extremely rude when his target didn't cough up a "donation" for his cause. I say that Aziz got off easy.

Yes, Azzy should go back to blighty and resume benefits. Noooooooooooo problem with fisticuffs.......coffee1.gif

Self control is a rare thing these days it seems

But if he was dressed in an orange robe and had his head shaved, she would gladly hand over the money. Right?

You are correct. It's all in the "approach." smile.pngsmile.png

+ 1

You hit the nail right on the head lol !

Edited by m30000

Good so !!!!

Whoever hit him should have hit him harder, it's scum like him that gives the rest of us from the UK a bad name.

Sadly theres more than adequate mufti-national scum to go around including uk to maintain 'bad names".

What kind of "quantum physicist" does it take to assault a beggar, unless the beggar was assaulting him?

So many on TV applaud the beggar being beat up. Amazing Thailand indeed.

• Like 1

Yes, Azzy should go back to blighty and resume benefits. Noooooooooooo problem with fisticuffs.......coffee1.gif

"benefits" - legalised and lucrative "begging" with free house, medical, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

Good so !!!!

Whoever hit him should have hit him harder, it's scum like him that gives the rest of us from the UK a bad name.

Sadly theres more than adequate mufti-national scum to go around including uk to maintain 'bad names".

What kind of "quantum physicist" does it take to assault a beggar, unless the beggar was assaulting him?

So many on TV applaud the beggar being beat up. Amazing Thailand indeed.

The way he was carrying on he deserved what he got.

• Like 2

I am really getting tired of all (ok, more like 80-90%) of the rotten disreputable news coming just from Phuket. Come on Pattaya, let's get with the program! There is a reputation to uphold!thumbsup.gif

Edited by Emdog
  • Like 1

Good so !!!!

What if he hit him hard and his head hit the concrete and killed him????

Off to gaol, with the subsequent extortion, I mean, "mediation" for your freedom.

Good so !!!!

Off to gaol, with the subsequent extortion, I mean, "mediation" for your freedom.

You have been watching too many films.

Good so !!!!

You have been watching too many films.

Really????

These are two recent cases from Sydney - Australia that come to mind. There are many more.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/police-lay-kinghit-murder-charges-against-nicholas-lambaditis-over-death-of-brazilian-national-lucio-rodrigues/story-fni0cx12-1226753473659

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/teen-accused-of-killing-thomas-kelly-went-on-crime-spree-police-20120719-22bpx.html

Edited by NamKangMan

A Brit...................cheesy.gif ..............................Gawd,................. glad I am English.............thumbsup.gif

Anglo Saxon, born and bred.

There used to be an aggressive elderly English beggar on BKK Suk but haven't seen him for many months.

Is it a criminal offence to beg in Thailand?

This has to be a joke...

No. It's a proper question, to which no one has replied.

Obviously not for Thais, or if so, ignored as per usual.

You could try posting on stickman to see if you get a free legal opinion.

• Like 1

Is it a criminal offence to beg in Thailand?

Probably not. But there is a way to do it kindly, with manners, and there is a way to do it in an obnoxious fashion. Nobody likes an obnoxious or aggressive beggar. This guy got clocked, and the guy who clocked him should be praised. I got approached by a gal recently who claimed she was collecting donations for her school. She was so delightful and so pleasant, I gave her 100 baht regardless of whether or not I felt she was legitimate. The rude ones I ignore.