Good tv series

beechbum

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

No one legged, bisexual midgets then???

Sorry, I'll go sit in the corner!!!!!! ???? 

No,but i just watched episode 3 and its not pc  there is a black guy running an antique shop in a village in the 50s and you will never guess who he is married to, a black woman,where do i complain ????

Ps still enjoying the series though

Edited by bert bloggs
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Just watching a new series called magpie,its about a writer who writes thrillers but dies before he finishes the book jumps back and fore between the story and the agent trying to track down the last chapter,quite enjoying it ,mind you in the 50s story bit it ticks all boxes mixed race couple ,black vicer and plenty of coloured village residents,goodness knows why they have to do this ,its so silly.

What are you watching it on, Netflix,HBO, downloaded etc?

Got to be a gay person in everything as well these days, movies, series or reality tv.

Edited by beechbum

Just watching a new series called magpie,its about a writer who writes thrillers but dies before he finishes the book jumps back and fore between the story and the agent trying to track down the last chapter,quite enjoying it ,mind you in the 50s story bit it ticks all boxes mixed race couple ,black vicer and plenty of coloured village residents,goodness knows why they have to do this ,its so silly.

Cynical attempt to re write our social history and convince people England has always been diversly awash with black people. They seem to up the lies all the time, black Ann Bolyn, black Queen Charlotte now black vicars and families in a 1955 English village. If you watched it on itv half the people in the ads would be black as well!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beechbum said:

Got to be a gay person in everything as well these days, movies, series or reality tv.

sorry did not mention that the guy who was married with a son ,but got divorced and had a young gay lover ,sorry no midgets though .

its a shame that they constantly tick boxes ,because the story is good and well acted.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

sorry did not mention that the guy who was married with a son ,but got divorced and had a young gay lover ,sorry no midgets though .

its a shame that they constantly tick boxes ,because the story is good and well acted.

Just watched the first episode of a new series Viking valhalla,never knew that the vikings had a black female leader,wow learn something new every day ,apart from that after watching the first episode i can say ,its cr-p as is the acting so ive sent it to valhalla.

just tried watching this ,the acting if thats what you can call it is terrible ,the last series of vikings had gone downhill a bit ,but compared to this terrible series its fabulous ,by the way did not even make it to the female black viking leader bit .minus 10 out of10

• 2 weeks later...

Probably plenty of members here are ancient enough to remember "The Ipcress File"  with Harry Palmer playing spy games in the sixties cold war.

A new mini-series has just been made and is available now.  He's no Michael Caine, but Joe Cole, in the main role, grows on you.

The Ipcress File (TV Mini Series 2022– ) - IMDb

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Probably plenty of members here are ancient enough to remember "The Ipcress File"  with Harry Palmer playing spy games in the sixties cold war.

Yes I have just re-watched that movie, along with another Michael Caine classic, "Funeral in Berlin".

Must be on a bit of a roll, because I watched "The Odessa File" a few nights back, although it wasn't Michael Caine classic, it did star John Voight, and he was very watchable.

Something about Michael Caine, as Harry Palmer, and he is still intriguing to watch after all these years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Croc said:

A new mini-series has just been made and is available now.  He's no Michael Caine, but Joe Cole, in the main role, grows on you.

The Ipcress File (TV Mini Series 2022– ) - IMDb

Good movies and hard to beat MC, but not a shade on the book, my favourite author Len Deighton!

Also, for those with Netflix, "World on fire", good series.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt8001092/

Edited by beechbum
  • Like 1