Good tv series

beechbum

Just now, bert bloggs said:

Just downloaded a comedy series called The Witchfinder,about a witchfinder transporting a mouthy witch across country in the middle ages,dont bother its not that good ,mind you i was amazed how many black people lived in the village in those days. What a joke

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 3:38 PM, Old Croc said:

Probably plenty of members here are ancient enough to remember "The Ipcress File"  with Harry Palmer playing spy games in the sixties cold war.

A new mini-series has just been made and is available now.  He's no Michael Caine, but Joe Cole, in the main role, grows on you.

The Ipcress File (TV Mini Series 2022– ) - IMDb

Just watched the series, big ????, really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 12:38 AM, Old Croc said:

Probably plenty of members here are ancient enough to remember "The Ipcress File"  with Harry Palmer playing spy games in the sixties cold war.

A new mini-series has just been made and is available now.  He's no Michael Caine, but Joe Cole, in the main role, grows on you.

The Ipcress File (TV Mini Series 2022– ) - IMDb

Enjoyed the movie and book back when, also Funeral in Berlin.

Liked LeCarre's Cold War stuff.  When Brit TV put out their "Tinker Tailor . . ." series I was blown away by how Alec Guinness's depiction of Smiley was so much like the image of him I had while reading the book.

And then a few years ago they remade it into a movie, which I really disliked.  A bisexual Peter Guillam?  Played by Cumberbatch?  When he was roughing up some guy I thought he'd hit him with his purse.  Didn't like the Smiley actor either.  Keeping away from remakes these days. 

They never did Honorable Schoolboy, did they?  Pity, Joss Ackland was a great Jerry Westerby.

I watched a new adventure movie last night called "Uncharted" and as it had Mark Wahlberg in it, I was looking forward to it............but it turned out to be a lot of CGI lightweight nonsense, along the lines of "Indiana Jones" but nowhere near the quality.

The night before I downloaded, "Spotlight" (again) and as luck would have it, I managed to get an extremely good quality version of it, and thoroughly enjoyed it yet again!

• 2 weeks later...