Suthep: No reform, no election

Lite Beer

5. So there won't be elections?

This is incorrect. The People's Assembly's crucial function is reform, which will actually lead to more elections. For example:

- Electing a national police commission that selects commissioners from the public and has the authority to appoint high-ranking police officers, such as the national police commissioner-general, to ensure that police serve the public interest.

And the head of immigration, I suppose. Reform in that context brings cold shivers.

Who said anything about immigration ?

I didn't notice that.

Am I missing something or are you just making this up as you go along ?

"Electing a national police commission that selects commissioners from the public and has the authority to appoint high-ranking police officers, such as the national police commissioner-general, to ensure that police serve the public interest."

Immigration is police. Just read the first line of this one: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/temporarystay/policy777-2551_en.pdf

A quote from there and it's a direct hit, the same commissioner-general.

post-55939-0-82106200-1387112299_thumb.p

Edited by DrTuner

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'faux democracy' ? 'root causes of the current crisis' ? We're so privileged to have self-righteous colonials explain Thai politics to the rest of the unwashed on this forum.

You and your pithy group of like-minded posters have such tunnel vision about your hatred for the Shin clan, you can't see anything else. You're willing to embrace the devil because you're too arrogant to consider anything else.

It's time to get more acquainted with your allies:

"behind Thailand’s fiery anti-government protest leader, Suthep Thaugsuban, are two powerful retired generals with palace connections, a deep rivalry with the Shinawatra family and an ability to influence Thailand’s coup-prone armed forces." http://www.chiangraitimes.com/news/20951.html

• Like 1

Yes, I read the points elucidated by the PRDC. The whole gist of the establishment of the 'People's Assembly' is dictatorial and paternalistic. We know what's best for you -- you just don't know it yet. It is part of the mindset that people in Bangkok use to lord over the poor and dumb rural folk in Isaan. And while we are electing provincial governors and police chiefs why doesn't he call for the election of military generals? Ah, can't do that. We can't alienate the military, just the police.

If you want to rewrite the Constitution, do it in open, transparent, and inclusive manner and then put it to a referendum.

• Like 1

5. So there won't be elections?

This is incorrect. The People's Assembly's crucial function is reform, which will actually lead to more elections. For example:

- Electing a national police commission that selects commissioners from the public and has the authority to appoint high-ranking police officers, such as the national police commissioner-general, to ensure that police serve the public interest.

And the head of immigration, I suppose. Reform in that context brings cold shivers.

Who said anything about immigration ?

I didn't notice that.

Am I missing something or are you just making this up as you go along ?

"Electing a national police commission that selects commissioners from the public and has the authority to appoint high-ranking police officers, such as the national police commissioner-general, to ensure that police serve the public interest."

Immigration is police. Just read the first line of this one: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/temporarystay/policy777-2551_en.pdf

A quote from there and it's a direct hit, the same commissioner-general.

I did just read it.

You are reading WAY too much into this my friend.

The PEOPLE want Mr. Ts folks out.

Get it ?

No more corruption.

A peoples government.

If you want to get stuck on this one point that is immaterial, that's up to you.

If you want to get stuck on this one point that is immaterial, that's up to you.

Just sayin'. Changing the government will mean changing the people who make up the immigration rules. Don't be surprised if backing Suthep will backfire for Farangs, he isn't exactly all open arms to foreigners. Immigration is the only material point that I relate to, others are Thais own business.

Edited by DrTuner

The Mouth from the South continues to issue demands. It will be interesting to see if he has the juice to

back up his demands. One other thing not sure why he limited his prediction that the next protest rally may reach

10 million. It may reach 40-50 million. He shouldn't be so limiting. clap2.gif

Suthep, why you lie to the people?

Top brass yesterday said they cannot side with him. Why he said he will wait for their answer? An answer, and clear, was given.

Stop fool around and give yourself in as you promised, old crook.

Why he lies?

Because in his finite wisdom he believes that Denial is a river in Egypt. cheesy.gif

There you idiots go talking about the 'democratically elected' darlings again. Who then proceeded to break laws, piss on the constitution and they couldn't give a rats ass about 'democracy' - until the protestors, now they are hiding behind 'democracy' and the constitution just to try and make it to the 180 day mark and ram through the fugutive's amnesty. Let's have some truth here and less of the bullshit rhetoric, please !

• Like 1

There you idiots go talking about the 'democratically elected' darlings again. Who then proceeded to break laws, piss on the constitution and they couldn't give a rats ass about 'democracy' - until the protestors, now they are hiding behind 'democracy' and the constitution just to try and make it to the 180 day mark and ram through the fugutive's amnesty. Let's have some truth here and less of the bullshit rhetoric, please !

Maybe if you would avoid to insult other posters, someone could go on to read your posts.

But oh well, insult whoever has a different idea from you, classifies you well.

Edited by newcomer71
  • Like 1

Just sayin'. Changing the government will mean changing the people who make up the immigration rules. Don't be surprised if backing Suthep will backfire for Farangs, he isn't exactly all open arms to foreigners. Immigration is the only material point that I relate to, others are Thais own business.

I for one have been here for 30+ years.

I have family and interests here.

I will live here for the rest of my life.

I have a visa forever.

Your problems are your problems.

Thailand's problems are my problems too.

I for one have been here for 30+ years.

I have family and interests here.

I will live here for the rest of my life.

I have a visa forever.

Your problems are your problems.

Thailand's problems are my problems too.

I am not living here for 30+ years, but enough to tell I am settled down.

I also have family, 2 kids to raise up and hope this country can give them a good future.

Of course I won't move from here, if not forced to do.

(I don't have a visa forever (???) but I would like to have one).

All Suthep is trying to do is make people think he want to do something for Thailand, but sure he still not said a WORD about what he will do in REAL for Thailand, except put his ass on the command chair and try to get all advantages he can, included absolute power.

And don't tell me: if he do that people will protest and he will have to go away. Look at the Shin clan, how long they have been there?

So I respect your opinions, but I sure not agree with them. Plus I feel is funny how you talk with others like they (and me in this case) don't care about Thailand.

I care about it, as I love this country, so: reforms are welcome and necessary. Suthep is a cancer as Thaksin.

• Like 2

Posts in violation of fair use policy has been removed. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

I am not living here for 30+ years, but enough to tell I am settled down.

I also have family, 2 kids to raise up and hope this country can give them a good future.

Of course I won't move from here, if not forced to do.

(I don't have a visa forever (???) but I would like to have one).

All Suthep is trying to do is make people think he want to do something for Thailand, but sure he still not said a WORD about what he will do in REAL for Thailand, except put his ass on the command chair and try to get all advantages he can, included absolute power.

And don't tell me: if he do that people will protest and he will have to go away. Look at the Shin clan, how long they have been there?

So I respect your opinions, but I sure not agree with them. Plus I feel is funny how you talk with others like they (and me in this case) don't care about Thailand.

I care about it, as I love this country, so: reforms are welcome and necessary. Suthep is a cancer as Thaksin.

I meant not to insinuate that you "don't care about Thailand".

I never said that.

Give this a read and think about it,

Thanks for your reference again, but as I posted you in another place, NIDA is what's most close to Suthep, Yellow Shirts and Democrats. I will pass on it smile.png

And I guess we don't have much more to talk about this topic, because it's clear we have totally different ideas and both of us won't change them smile.png

Nida... a very impartial source, I'd say!

Try this newcomer :

MORE LIES FROM INTERNATIONAL NEW YORK TIMES

Yawn... I am not interested to read about Thaksin. I am against Thaksin.

I want the crooks like Thaksin and Suthep far from the power in Thailand.

If you don't want to read and educate yourself more thoroughly that is up to you.

Do not be phased by the title.

There is much more in this article than lies by the New York Times.

And while I'm at it, let me clarify.

I do not have a visa for life.

I spoke out of turn.

Ka tote kap. wai.gif

But, I have a family and many many friends here in high up places.

I fell very confident that as long as I do not screw up here I will be allowed by the powers that be in Thailand to live here for the rest of my life lawfully.

Maybe if you would avoid to insult other posters, someone could go on to read your posts.

@ newcomer. One could extrapolate from your post that you're satisfied with the former government although you've failed to address how you and tingtonteedood differ in that respect. "Classifies you well" tells me nothing as does the rhetoric in his post which I don't see pointed squarely at you.

Lets try to address the issues . There are many here on the forum who aren't so polarized as the two of you.

Though I don't like your language, I agree with your sentiment.

If you slowed down a bit and spoke more respectfully I am sure people would be more inclined to listen.

Your manner gives those of us who agree with you but are respectful (as one should be if they truly love Thailand and the ways of true Thais) a bad name.

Please for the good of the Kingdom change your mannerisms a bit, eh. wai.gif

• Like 1

@ newcomer. One could extrapolate from your post that you're satisfied with the former government although you've failed to address how you and tingtonteedood differ in that respect. "Classifies you well" tells me nothing as does the rhetoric in his post which I don't see pointed squarely at you.

Lets try to address the issues . There are many here on the forum who aren't so polarized as the two of you.

Agreed kap wai.gif

Perhaps those who attended the forum were members of Suthep's party. So they (80%)all agree.

Maybe few people were silent so they were the ones called 20%.

It would be nice to know if Suthep mentioned where those attendee came from. From what group, organizations

government employees or whatever...

I was referring to "idiot" given for free to anyone who has a different idea from him.

I am not polarized and extremist at all, given I wish to see disappear both the Shin clan and Super Suthep.

But farmers are very thankful to what Suthep's had done. If not because of him maybe the payment of

rice will still not be given this end of the year.

So at least Suthep has done something to make the government move this time.

Thai Mein Kampf! I have great respect for Suthep--only He sees the way forward, and only He can lead Thais to a better peace. Of course we have to stop Democracy for awhile, until His good people can see a way to make the elections more...reasonable. Only Suthep has this great vision and even though Thais accepted His views at first, and are now reconsidering, that does not matter. It does not matter if His own people have doubts! They are sheep, and He is the sacred Shepherd. Let them know His love, and deep felt devotion, and care.

Suthep is the leader of all good things! Hail Suthep!

Sieg Heil!!

He is a new religion, praise God and the Lord Buddha!!

Listen to him....it is not Mein Kampf, not at all, if you have read it. Where is the racism? Where is the hero story, where is the better race??????????

The vocabulary is clearly from the communist guidebook.

FangFerang

Posted Today, 17:18

Thai Mein Kampf! I have great respect for Suthep--only He sees the way forward, and only He can lead Thais to a better peace. Of course we have to stop Democracy for awhile, until His good people can see a way to make the elections more...reasonable. Only Suthep has this great vision and even though Thais accepted His views at first, and are now reconsidering, that does not matter. It does not matter if His own people have doubts! They are sheep, and He is the sacred Shepherd. Let them know His love, and deep felt devotion, and care.

Suthep is the leader of all good things! Hail Suthep!

Sieg Heil!!

He is a new religion, praise God and the Lord Buddha!!

Suthep: No reform, no election

Jawohl mein commandant

He reminds me of 2 people.

These two posts are not the least helpful...

Better to let us know, what YOU (both) think how to solve not only the present situation but also how to make the country more democratic, more equal for all and more appealing to all living here...

Sam

Nida... a very impartial source, I'd say!

Try this newcomer :

MORE LIES FROM INTERNATIONAL NEW YORK TIMES

Yawn... I am not interested to read about Thaksin. I am against Thaksin.

I want the crooks like Thaksin and Suthep far from the power in Thailand.

Suthep promised to go out of politics and all his peoples government get a 5 year politics ban after finish their job for 14 month to ensure there is no self serving idea.