Anybody having problems with 3bb?

smooth expat

Down for 4 days sounds very unlikely, have you called the service number? I only give them about 4 hours before I'm on the phone to them and it is usually resolved within a day or 2 at the most. With a problem lasting that long it is most likely to be with the connection to your house/condo from the street. I've found them to be very good on servicing. (Darkside area)

• 2 months later...

bartender you're on the button. 3bb don't give a toss.

We got it installed in December and it's been absolute rubbish. We're able to connect for about 2 hours a day in the evening - the rest of the time nothing. Multiple visits to their office results in them sending the techs who for some reason seem to apply a golden touch to the connection which always seems to work for a brief period afterwards. Router has been changed twice. Bangkok head office say they can only refer to the Pattaya office.

What a useless shower.

I see some customers in town reckon they're ok but my advice to anyone on the darkside thinking of using them is don't bother.

• Like 1

Had 3bb in Udon, fantastic service. Have True now in BK (I pay for the service though just 1000 a month; & they're absolutely horrible) & was wondering if (given IP service varies throughout Thailand as does cell service) anyone know if 3bb is the better trade up over True. Or are they all the same here.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 4 months later...

My 3BB is quite good but it doesn't like sustained data transfers. In http apparently it locks the browser on flash streaming, first closing the connection and then corrupting the browser profile (chrome 32/64, firefox, opera). On torrents it just shut the connection by recording the adsl dynamic ip as unavailable.

For http browser just reseting or creating a new profile solution, it will work for a couple of days if using a permanent ip-stream, then reset/new profile again.

For tcp/udp data transfers like torrent change the adsl ip by resetting the adsl connection (router reset or shut).

Maybe is writen in the contract, apparently 3BB want you use adsl just for reading mail or writing on pattaya forum.

However no isp in the world have an account of users/bw, instead everybody overbook subscribers until the ball explodes and probably 3BB is also restricted by their connection to Thai infrastructure.

For internet compulsive usage better install sat-net.

I've had 3BB for about 4 years in my house in Central Pattaya (B631). Very rarely have any problems, however, the past month it has dropped out in the evenings a couple of times. Usually for only about 10mins per time. On the whole I'm pretty happy with them.

yep still down almost a week now but i can not call customer service the account is in the landlords name

Funny. I just spoke with a friend yesterday. He have exactly the same problem. But finally... somnamna if you stay here on long term.

So far i have no problems with 3bb. In the last few weeks, sometime it disrupt for 1-2 minutes.

Edited by alocacoc
  • Like 1

I remember back 4 years ago subscribing to 3BB for the first 6 months or so gr8 connection,after that every weekend the same down from friday to monday.

Several months of continuous phone calls to 3bb went past, and eventually got this response from the thai call center.

Sorry mr but someone has been stealing the cables in the jungle,naturally i responded with have you ever thought of burying the cables,good idea mr lol.

Needless to say i cancelled my contract with them at the first opportunity.

I went from there to True alas after 2 years contract and 3 new modems later,but first it was we have checked the outside line it ok get inside line checked.

Again terminated contract now on wifi 8 months on still ok.thumbsup.gif