How much do the Cambo banks charge to withdraw USD ?

MrWorldwide

Hi All,

I'm looking long and hard at a 'travel card' which boasts the best exchange rates in Oz - its a prepaid debit card that basically costs me 2.25 USD each time I make a withdrawal in USD, but I don't know what the Cambo banks charge or the maximum withdrawal limit per day. Anyone ?

Thanks,

MrWW

If you're asking about ATMs, at Canadia Bank, the WD limit is $450. Used to be $800. My last trip though Cambodia, Canadia and probably other banks all cut the single WD limit to $100, I think it was. But that was during the election and protest periods. There's no WD charge at Canadia ATMs. Others charge $4-$5 per transaction and some charge a percentage on top of that.

As for over the counter, I've never used a foreign card to withdraw from a Cambo bank.

Thanks, KB - I believe you've just drawn a line through my brilliant plan to use Cambo as a stepping stone on my way to SVN and HK ;)

The daily withdrawal limit on the travel card is 1500USD - 450 is useless unless I plan to stay for two weeks. I know a dollar goes a lot further in Cambodia than anywhere else in the region, but I dont sit in the hotel room waiting midnight to tick over a new day :D

• 2 weeks later...

the last withdrawal i made on my farang atm card was at canadia long ago. everyone said yeah theres no fees at canadia, fine did a couple of 800 dollars. after a while i checked my account online. the fees to my account were the worst i have ever had anywhere. havent had/used an atm from that farang bank since. disgusting hidden theft. be warned.

cash dollars as much as you can comfortably afford to be stolen is the way to go as cambo has the best exchange rates in the world for cash of many major denominations.. take some tcheques as backup and ftb has the best rate to cash tcheques if you need to.

international cashcards i gave a big miss long ago the hidden fees were worse than an ordinary atm card and thats saying something. havent looked recently. once bitten twice shy.

Edited by Big Pinkie

• 3 weeks later...

I quite often withdraw funds from my Australian Visa debit card, in order to avoid the international transfer fees, to deposit into my Cambodian accounts. I always use Canadia Bank, and have NEVER been charged any withdrawl fees from Canadia Bank, only foreign transaction fees which are charged by my Australian bank. Their maximum withdrawl limit is $450 USD per TRANSACTION, not per day. As I have a $1000 AUD per day withdrawl limit on my Aus card, I always make 2x $450 USD withdrawls and I have NEVER not been able to do this at the Main Canadia Branch.

• Like 2