Want one, want one, want one! New Yammie SMax 155

BSJ

Very cute. In some markets it is advertised as a 160 but that maybe marketing license?

BSJ

There always has to be one so this time it is me.

I'll see your Yammy and raise you an Aprilia Sport City 125. Same HP less torque. But pretty as a button.

sportcity300_blackline_color_nero_it_cro

But yes still has a hump.sad.png and also not here.

Edited by VocalNeal

Very cute. In some markets it is advertised as a 160 but that maybe marketing license?

BSJ

There always has to be one so this time it is me.

I'll see your Yammy and raise you an Aprilia Sport City 125. Same HP less torque. But pretty as a button.

sportcity300_blackline_color_nero_it_cro

But yes still has a hump.sad.png and also not here.

I had the 300 (actually 280cc) of the SportCity, of course not in Thailand. Nice all around scooter, even with the normal low quality Italian plastics and finishing. Then one night someone decided that cutting locks is a smarter way to own rather than paying for it.

Edited by paz

"seat with no hump."

IMO boring looking PCX clone. Why would anyone copy the PCX looks?

Very different bike from PCX. This one has almost flat footrest (actually a raised footrest, not a good thing at all for comfort) with small wheels, PCX has frame tubing in between feet and large diameter wheels. That gives much better stability.

Edited by paz

"seat with no hump."

FTFY

Yamaha-SMAX-155-photo-13.jpg

IMO boring looking PCX clone. Why would anyone copy the PCX looks?

It's a dual hight seat with no hard lump right were the middle passenger has to sit. Plus there's room there to carry a few shopping bags. Plus that rear disk brake. Of course there's the stupid air cleaner housing a la PCX down where it can take on water during the wet season. But a little work and a vacuum cleaner hose (and some screw clamps) would fix that!

Styling wise I still don't see my PCX as beautiful....or pretty. So I have no problem with the styling on the Smax. I would keep the PCX and sell the Fino, our spare scooter, so the PCX would still be in the family.

I hope Yamaha does bring it in and offers it at a sensible price.

IMO boring looking PCX clone. Why would anyone copy the PCX?

I think there were maxi scooters before the PCX. Just not in Thailand. One could argue that a PCX is just a smaller Yamaha T-Max

I think the Yammy/Aprilia looks better than the PCX. It just a personal choice.

Edited by VocalNeal