Suthep condemned for threatening Yingluck's son

webfact

All of news from Khaosod press support red shirt.

And all the news from The Nation supports the yellows. If you are just figuring that out now you are way behind the game napawan -

As this site gets news from The Nation as there main source guess who most expats support. biggrin.png width=20 alt=biggrin.png pagespeed_url_hash=14303579> They just don't know anybetter

+1 The Nation has been a rubbish paper for the last 10 years and Thai Visa should have made an exclusive deal with Reuters or AFP to get some balanced news.

The National is Yellow. The ASTV and Blue TV Channel is Yellow. All in all their is a lot of Yellow media in Thailand so let the Reds also have their media.

• Like 1

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Khaosod:

Mr. Suthep also sarcastically advised Ms. Yingluck to find her son a tutor in Arab language, since her family might be expelled from Thailand and join her brother, former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, who is living in exile in Dubai soon.
So that's a threat? To repeat - bullshit.

Absolutely its a threat, it is suggesting that her son will be subject to expulsion from his land of birth for just being a relation to Thaksin no less than Yingluck.

THAT is a threat both material AND mental designed to instil fear about not only Yinglucks self concern but also about her son. As for the jerks that say it was a sarcastic comment so dosnt count, since when has sarcasm been ok to be either a racist or sexist etc ? ... if its said sarcastically it dosnt make the statement any less real or meant.

This is now officially a witchhunt on a family purely its by name and is ridiculous, even Hitlers family wern't treated like this.

Im no fan of Toxin at all but this support and calls for his family to pay for his corruption and antics is sickening and to be honest the people who are going along with it especially here are just Naziesc inhumane acting scumbags.

Rich or poor Thai or Farang if you think this growing attempt at persecution on an entire family, because one in it did something some dont like is acceptable, then I really do hope you have the pleasure of experiencing in some future date and in some small way, the same issue of being forced to leave your home... how would you feel ?? and if you dont care you cant call yourself humane.

This is a very normal Asian thing, the sins of the father or elder will be paid for by the younger of the same blood or family....dishonour and shame carried by the generations younger. bah.gif Totally archaic BS that belongs in the dustbin of history...

Amnesty International would abhor this action and see it is a threat indirectly on a minor through the parent, its nothing less than emotional blackmail. Real simple to understand even a monkey could work it out and so should any sane and moderately educated person.

If you think even mentioning a child in political fencing is ok then your sick in the head... xsleep.png.pagespeed.ic.8tBszHPj2b.webp

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

From Khaosod:

Mr. Suthep also sarcastically advised Ms. Yingluck to find her son a tutor in Arab language, since her family might be expelled from Thailand and join her brother, former PM Thaksin Shinawatra, who is living in exile in Dubai soon.

So that's a threat? To repeat - bullshit.

Absolutely its a threat, it is suggesting that her son will be subject to expulsion from his land of birth for just being a relation to Thaksin no less than Yingluck.

THAT is a threat both material AND mental designed to instil fear about not only Yinglucks self concern but also about her son.

This is now officially a witchhunt on a family purely its by name and is ridiculous, even Hitlers family wern't treated like this.

Im no fan of Toxin at all but this support and calls for his family to pay for his corruption and antics is sickening and to be honest the people who are going along with it especially here are just Naziesc inhumane acting scumbags.

Rich or poor Thai or Farang if you think this growing attempt at persecution on an entire family, because one in it did something some dont like is acceptable, then I really do hope you have the pleasure of experiencing in some future date and in some small way, the same issue of being forced to leave your home... how would you feel ?? and if you dont care you cant call yourself humane.

This is a very normal Asian thing, the sins of the father or elder will be paid for by the younger of the same blood or family....dishonour and shame carried by the generations younger. bah.gif Totally archaic BS that belongs in the dustbin of history...

Amnesty International would abhor this action and see it is a threat indirectly on a minor through the parent, its nothing less than emotional blackmail. Real simple to understand even a monkey could work it out and so should any sane and moderately educated person.

If you think even mentioning a child in political fencing is ok then your sick in the head... xsleep.png.pagespeed.ic.8tBszHPj2b.webp

Thanks for the giggle.. How's the view up there on that high horse?

The mass media loves headlines like this because it gets the posters/viewers/ listeners excited, which in turn pleases the advertisers.

Suthep made a sarcastic remark, that's all. He didn't threaten anyone.

Keep on pushing for reform Suthep, because for sure Pheua Thai don't want it.

Utterly beholden to the Shinawat family, they are the opposite of democracy.

• Like 2

pretty fine seeing as im not the one pretending its ok, people like you are xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.HP_JpdOU4y.webp

Suggesting that Amnesty International - would be a good name for the next incarnation of PTP - get involved is a ridiculous overreaction to a - and I quote - "sarcastic" suggestion that Yingluck find an Arabic tutor for her son.

My 'pretending' as you so eloquently put it is far from anything resembling the fact.

There was no threat of violence or life by Suthep directed at, or indirectly toward Yingluck's son.

Which is the basis of this whole silly article.

Irrespective of where one's totally irrelevant political preferences lie, whoever is behind this is totally despicable.

If Suthep and his followers did threaten the boy, then they are despicable.

If the Shins and their acolytes are behind a false story, then they are despicable.

Any (alleged) adult who involves kids in their battles are.... (yes, you guessed it).... despicable.

• Like 1

pretty fine seeing as im not the one pretending its ok, people like you are xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.HP_JpdOU4y.webp

Suggesting that Amnesty International - would be a good name for the next incarnation of PTP - get involved is a ridiculous overreaction to a - and I quote - "sarcastic" suggestion that Yingluck find an Arabic tutor for her son.

My 'pretending' as you so eloquently put it is far from anything resembling the fact.

There was no threat of violence or life by Suthep directed at, or indirectly toward Yingluck's son.

What does violence have to do with it ? you can be persecuted without violence very easily, don't try to wave it away as a minor thing, this guy is a major celeb at the moment the worlds eyes are on him, there is NO excuse when a leader and thats what he calls himself.

You obviously don't understand that a sarcastic comment gives no excuse to attempt emotional blackmail by mentioning her son.

I couldnt care less about either political party but I do care about how people are treated especially minors, and so should all no matter whos child they are.

Reaction of something that is unacceptable needs to be loud and clear immediately... this is how you put an end to its use just like racism or sexist comments as a public figure will get you into hot water so should using a minor even in a quip.... I know its Thailand where racism and sexism is ok along with it seems using minors but it still dosnt make it right.... perhaps some here have been in country too long to remember there are some Thai ways that arnt so great.

They could always talk about infrastructure problems, railroads, reducing pesticide rates in food/water/air, fixing the roads and vehicle/driver licensing, tackling tourist-traps scam bandits, etc. Or just keep tuning in every week to watch re-runs of personality politics and when that gets boring drag the kids into it too. Anything except actually working for a living right.

What about the little boy who was supposed to run onto the pitch with Chelsea when they toured?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Quite.

Yingluck's son wasn't threatened, he was mentioned, and if Yingluck doesn't like him being mentioned by others, she shouldn't have entered him into this circus by having him attend various political events and photo ops. She didn't have to. No PM is forced to include their ten year old sons or daughters in such matters, and the smart sensible ones, don't. Politics is no place for kids. Politicians who place theirs in the media spotlight, are foolish idiots with bad parenting skills.

What do you call a photo op? Her son should not be allowed to be by her side whilst she makes merit in a temple in Chiang Mai? Perhaps you would like to list the number of occasions that this "foolish idiot with bad parenting skills" has placed her son in the media spotlight. Are we to blame the Obama family for publishing pictures of their children whilst he is currently POTUS? The Mandela family?

In case you didn't know, some children are proud of their parents and wish to attend certain ceremonies, some ceremonies expect a family presence. It's not as if Yingluck has used him in an advertising campaign!

Accept it , suthep has once again run off at the lip and you are trying to salvage the situation with a ridiculous accusation. Just one more supporter of the "anything but the Shinawatra Family even if it means suthep" club.

What kind of xxxxxxxx would involve their kids in any form of politics?

Get real

Edited by metisdead
Profanity

What does violence have to do with it ? you can be persecuted without violence very easily, don't try to wave it away as a minor thing, this guy is a major celeb at the moment the worlds eyes are on him, there is NO excuse when a leader and thats what he calls himself.

You obviously don't understand that a sarcastic comment gives no excuse to attempt emotional blackmail by mentioning her son.

I couldnt care less about either political party but I do care about how people are treated especially minors, and so should all no matter whos child they are.

Reaction of something that is unacceptable needs to be loud and clear immediately... this is how you put an end to its use just like racism or sexist comments as a public figure will get you into hot water so should using a minor even in a quip.... I know its Thailand where racism and sexism is ok along with it seems using minors but it still dosnt make it right.... perhaps some here have been in country too long to remember there are some Thai ways that arnt so great.

Don't worry Nong Pipe doesn't have a hard life. In his garden he has a full sized football pitch on which to practise his football skills, and only this summer he had the chance to jump the queue and practise with the FC Barcelona players visiting Thailand, even though this meant another boy whose parents had already booked their son's place was removed from the list.

Got to keep the children of the elite happy, right?

• Like 1

The mass media loves headlines like this because it gets the posters/viewers/ listeners excited, which in turn pleases the advertisers.

Suthep made a sarcastic remark, that's all. He didn't threaten anyone.

Keep on pushing for reform Suthep, because for sure Pheua Thai don't want it.

Utterly beholden to the Shinawat family, they are the opposite of democracy.

Sorry, sarcastic remarks about children also not allowed.

Example, how do you feel if I make a sarcastic remarks about your daughter (or worst, your mother) in public, in front of a million people.

Edited by Spare

Its depressing to read a minority of vocal comments from members sympathizing or attempting to defend or deny Sutheps attack on Yinglucks 10 year old child. Still, the main loser from this is probably Suthep.

Do you think Yingluck should bring her son onto the campaign trail?

Do you think that she should bump off children that were chosen ahead of her son to run on the field with the Chelsea team when they toured?

Shame on you

What about the little boy who was supposed to run onto the pitch with Chelsea when they toured?

Quite.

Yingluck's son wasn't threatened, he was mentioned, and if Yingluck doesn't like him being mentioned by others, she shouldn't have entered him into this circus by having him attend various political events and photo ops. She didn't have to. No PM is forced to include their ten year old sons or daughters in such matters, and the smart sensible ones, don't. Politics is no place for kids. Politicians who place theirs in the media spotlight, are foolish idiots with bad parenting skills.

What do you call a photo op? Her son should not be allowed to be by her side whilst she makes merit in a temple in Chiang Mai? Perhaps you would like to list the number of occasions that this "foolish idiot with bad parenting skills" has placed her son in the media spotlight. Are we to blame the Obama family for publishing pictures of their children whilst he is currently POTUS? The Mandela family?

In case you didn't know, some children are proud of their parents and wish to attend certain ceremonies, some ceremonies expect a family presence. It's not as if Yingluck has used him in an advertising campaign!

Accept it , suthep has once again run off at the lip and you are trying to salvage the situation with a ridiculous accusation. Just one more supporter of the "anything but the Shinawatra Family even if it means suthep" club.

What kind of asshol_e would involve their kids in any form of politics?

Get real

There doesn't seem much point in asking me. You'd be better off addressing suthep, I'd suggest.

Quite.

Get real

There doesn't seem much point in asking me. You'd be better off addressing suthep, I'd suggest.

Ummmmm.

Where have you heard this apparent abuse reported?

It's a fact about Yingluck's abuses

By the way, he has already apologized for this last night.

Bunch of drama queens here.

Going by the same logic just ask Abhisit and Suthep to apologize for their ordering the killings of the protestors in 2010, and all will be forgiven. Same for Thaksin's ordering the extra juducial killing of drug delaers and users. What an easy way to creat peace and happiness. Nickymaster should rule the world.

Don't worry Nong Pipe doesn't have a hard life. In his garden he has a full sized football pitch on which to practise his football skills, and only this summer he had the chance to jump the queue and practise with the FC Barcelona players visiting Thailand, even though this meant another boy whose parents had already booked their son's place was removed from the list.

<deleted> has that got to do with anything about comments made by a political leader about another ones son ? ... yea thats right it dosn't ...offtopic2.gif.pagespeed.ce.kcjFR6YG46.gi

<deleted> has that got to do with anything about comments made by a political leader about another ones son ? ... yea thats right it dosn't ...offtopic2.gif.pagespeed.ce.kcjFR6YG46.gi

Of course it does

Actually Suthep was being very farsighted when he recommended Nong Pipe to learn Arabic, you see his mum is in charge of security in the Deep South, as the Koran and many Muslim prayers are in Arabic it would be of enormous benefit if the PM's son could study the scriptures first hand.

• Like 1

Oh please, when Super Thep makes front page of anything outside of Thailand please be the first to share the headline.

A celebrity? Again, in which country outside of Thailand?

Has he graced the front covers of any 3rd rate gossip magazines yet? Get back to me when he's released a sex tape, then we can discuss celebrity status.

If you think, honestly, for even a second, that Yingluck or her merry band of misfits think that her son is any kind of danger, again implied or otherwise, do you not think swift action would be taken against the perpetrator?

If you care so much about the children Mrs Lovejoy, why are you not coming out deploring the use of said child on the campaign trail and his mother pulling rank over regular kids in getting on the pitch for a high profile (for Thailand) football match?

Why are you not deploring the media for even bringing attention to said child?

Why haven't you petitioned the UN to denounce such acts of child exploitation?

Why not bring to light the despicable acts of a Thai citizen last week, which he admitted to not only committing once but several?

Lest I go on, put some perspective on it...

As usual, the drama queen and Thaksin gig Sunisa over-reacts and distorts an issue, amply supported by Thaksin enabler rag, Khaosod news. She should stick to writing bogus biographies while AWOL from the Army.

How about if I go after you then after that you wife and then your kids? Is that good???????? Maybe you are AWOL since you brought up th subject.

Do you know what AWOL means...?

• Like 1

Get real

..or perhaps Yingluck...?!

Oh please, when Super Thep makes front page of anything outside of Thailand please be the first to share the headline.

A celebrity? Again, in which country outside of Thailand?

Has he graced the front covers of any 3rd rate gossip magazines yet? Get back to me when he's released a sex tape, then we can discuss celebrity status.

If you think, honestly, for even a second, that Yingluck or her merry band of misfits think that her son is any kind of danger, again implied or otherwise, do you not think swift action would be taken against the perpetrator?

If you care so much about the children Mrs Lovejoy, why are you not coming out deploring the use of said child on the campaign trail and his mother pulling rank over regular kids in getting on the pitch for a high profile (for Thailand) football match?

Why are you not deploring the media for even bringing attention to said child?

Why haven't you petitioned the UN to denounce such acts of child exploitation?

Why not bring to light the despicable acts of a Thai citizen last week, which he admitted to not only committing once but several?

Lest I go on, put some perspective on it...

So there you have it, typical eye for an eye excuse right ? ... ho hum this topic is the one im commenting on, not another which btw is also sooo wrong but at least not political. Problem with you pal is your looking at it as being justifiable when its not at all. Two wrongs do not make it right.

As for status in case you hadn't noticed Suthep IS being quoted all around the worlds press because Thailand IS viewed as a democratic country and he IS the self appointed leader of these protests. Only an idiot would think the geopolitical importance of Thailand is not on the, of serious interest international radar regarding SE Asia. passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi

Edited by englishoak

Quite.

Get real

Ummmmm.

Where have you heard this apparent abuse reported?

It's a fact about Yingluck's abuses

I'm really not sure what you are on about. If you could concentrate on using the quote function it would probably help.

So there you have it, typical eye for an eye excuse right ? ... ho hum this topic is the one im commenting on, not another which btw is also sooo wrong but at least not political. Problem with you pal is your looking at it as being justifiable when its not at all. Two wrongs do not make it right.

As for status in case you hadn't noticed Suthep IS being quoted all around the worlds press because Thailand IS viewed as a democratic country and he IS the self appointed leader of these protests. Only an idiot would think the geopolitical importance of Thailand is not on the, of serious interest international radar regarding SE Asia. passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi

How you can you justify something that isn't there?

I also believe it was you who opened the door by suggesting Amnesty International become involved in condoning this apparent child exploitation.

Tell me, when was the last time that Obama was quoted in the media mentioning Suthep?

Too far away to be relevant? Ok what about Tony Abbott? Anything? I'd be surprised if he even knew who Suthep is. Not even The Greens have rated this a worthy cause to take up! Outrageous!

Thailand's probably only rating mention around ASEAN tables, even then, I doubt Singapore is overtly concerned, they've got their own concerns to be bothered by such trivial sand box brinkmanship.

Don't confuse 'status' for 'celebrity' the 2 are not mutually exclusive...

It wasn't until several days after the whole thing kicked off that it made mention on the websites of CNN and BBC, it's probably back to being a byline.

I also haven't seen the western media jump on this child exploitation angle either, perhaps you can petition them to do so to bring light to this indignation!

No need to resort to personal insults - intended or otherwise - play the ball not the man as they say in rugby circles..

• Like 1

How you can you justify something that isn't there?

I also believe it was you who opened the door by suggesting Amnesty International become involved in condoning this apparent child exploitation.

Tell me, when was the last time that Obama was quoted in the media mentioning Suthep?

Too far away to be relevant? Ok what about Tony Abbott? Anything? I'd be surprised if he even knew who Suthep is. Not even The Greens have rated this a worthy cause to take up! Outrageous!

Thailand's probably only rating mention around ASEAN tables, even then, I doubt Singapore is overtly concerned, they've got their own concerns to be bothered by such trivial sand box brinkmanship.

Don't confuse 'status' for 'celebrity' the 2 are not mutually exclusive...

It wasn't until several days after the whole thing kicked off that it made mention on the websites of CNN and BBC, it's probably back to being a byline.

I also haven't seen the western media jump on this child exploitation angle either, perhaps you can petition them to do so to bring light to this indignation!

No need to resort to personal insults - intended or otherwise - play the ball not the man as they say in rugby circles..

I didn't suggest AI should become involved I said they would abhor this kind of thing, quite different, I also used to work for AI so I know their position on any form of child exploitation especially political. so yes i tend to get a little vocal when minors get dragged into a parents work issue, theres simply no defence.

If you havn't read any of the comments on various Embassy sites regarding Thailand and its current situation then perhaps you should. It is pretty clear there is a strong enough international interest certainly in the political sense if not the public one. 40 or so i think the last count, was no little amount.

Suthep is a celeb in Thailand as he claims to have the peoples voice butno political interest beyond the peoples protests, it is fair to say he is courting both celeb and using his status, whichever furthers his cause.

There is also more to the media than CNN and BBC, we all know these media outlets are selective in news and not many foreign outlets will carry front page news on another nation for long. Its just not what its main readership is interested in you know that.

I shall not be personal with innuendoes if you desist in using similar.

If you think there was no political agenda or message in the sarcastic quip made that over steps the line of what is relevant politically,then im rather surprised, assuming you come from a country where this kind of thing would not be tolerated at all without loud condemnation.

I didn't suggest AI should become involved I said they would abhor this kind of thing, quite different, I also used to work for AI so I know their position on any form of child exploitation especially political. so yes i tend to get a little vocal when minors get dragged into a parents work issue, theres simply no defence.

If you havn't read any of the comments on various Embassy sites regarding Thailand and its current situation then perhaps you should. It is pretty clear there is a strong enough international interest certainly in the political sense if not the public one. 40 or so i think the last count, was no little amount.

Suthep is a celeb in Thailand as he claims to have the peoples voice butno political interest beyond the peoples protests, it is fair to say he is courting both celeb and using his status, whichever furthers his cause.

There is also more to the media than CNN and BBC, we all know these media outlets are selective in news and not many foreign outlets will carry front page news on another nation for long. Its just not what its main readership is interested in you know that.

I shall not be personal with innuendoes if you desist in using similar.

If you think there was no political agenda or message in the sarcastic quip made that over steps the line of what is relevant politically,then im rather surprised, assuming you come from a country where this kind of thing would not be tolerated at all without loud condemnation.

As you allegedly claim (I say allegedly as it's just your word at the moment so please don't take offense, it was not intended) AI would abhor such a statement by Suthep. If this is so, where is their comment on this? Surely, with your previous inside knowledge you'd be able to raise the issue, no?

I get regular enough updates from my embassy and relevant trade commissions on the political situation here. Nothing to indicate concern, the travel warning has remained the same colour for at least 2 years. The content gets reworded every now and then to give it a feel of uptodateness. But not one of these countries that issued support for 'democracy' in Thailand, note no direct support for either PTP or others. Just a very generic, democracy is paramount diplomatic line. Also of note is that none of these countries have raised the travel warning to red. Any idea how many countries have diplomatic ties with Thailand? I don't, so hard to say if it's really a small amount or not.

Outside of Thailand Suthep has little to no celebrity status, it would suffice to say that Justin Bieber's latest bowel movement would gain more 'likes', 'shares' or 'retweets' on social media than something Suthep said. I'm sure there's an app out there to garner that fact :P Foreign media despite all it's bias won't run this story because it's a non event. I don't know of 1 foreign media outlet that ran a front page headline on Thailand recently, let alone one that would run this current story. Old Square Face has more celebrity outside of Thailand, but that's not the issue we're discussing.

Again as far as this implied threat goes, it's not worth getting so worked up over. Again, if there was even a shred of credibility that Yingluck's son was in danger due to this threat, he'd be whisked away to stay with his uncle (sorry couldn't resist).

But in all seriousness, this is a media beat up. Would there be loud condemnation if the same thing were to happen in my own country, if it was like for like? I'd think that my fellow citizens would be intelligent enough to see it for what it was. Condemn it? Unlikely.

Why do people here on TVF take everything that is in the press as gospel......??...This article was produced by Khaosod!

So what do you mean, they made up what Suthep said.

They and Thaksin's gig Sunisa took it out of context and embellished to the point it's unrecognizable from what was actually said. Much like the Thaksin defenders here have done.

As usual, the drama queen and Thaksin gig Sunisa over-reacts and distorts an issue, amply supported by Thaksin enabler rag, Khaosod news. She should stick to writing bogus biographies while AWOL from the Army.

How about if I go after you then after that you wife and then your kids? Is that good???????? Maybe you are AWOL since you brought up th subject.

Do you know what AWOL means...?

Of course he doesn't.

He doesn't even understand the difference between a cloned prime minister and an expat forum poster. Like most Thaksin defenders, he misses out on a lot.