EC chief says EC has no choice but to hold Feb 2 election

webfact

EC chief says EC has no choice but to hold Feb 2 election
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Election Commission Chairman Supachai Somcharoen said Monday that the EC has no choice but to hold the February 2 election as required by the law and the House dissolution royal decree.

Supachai said the EC is now making preparations for the election but could not anticipate what might happen in the future.

He said that if protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban wants to meet with EC commissioners, the EC would be willing to meet.

Supachai said if the election needs to be postponed, he will have to consult legal experts how this could be done without violating the law.

"Under the law, the election must be held now that the royal decree has been enacted. As regards a postponement of the election date, I am thinking about it. But the experts must tell me how to do it and advise me on the method that will prevent it from being illegal. The EC is willing to listen to all sides," Supachai said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-17

Cue UDD meeting outside the E.C., to condemn them for insisting on going ahead with running an election, where the Democrats & genocidal mass-murderer Abhisit will also be allowed to stand ?

It's just not Red "true democratic", is it ! rolleyes.gif

Oh, erm , following a call from Dubai, apparently the message is changed, and the Electoral Commission are now all 'Heroes of the Red Revolution, 3rd-Class', after all. Put that Blood Away ! laugh.png

I thought the role of the EC was to oversee elections but recently it seems they have decided they are the total authority on how, why where and when. Is everyone here power mad ?

I am sure they will make sure everything is free and fair though. giggle.gif