Clues that you are getting old -- what are some Thai expat specific ones?

Jingthing

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking in the mirror while I'm shaving and seeing someone who looks more like my Dad every day looking back at me. Not that it's a problem, my Dad was a handsome looking fellow in his dotage. whistling.gif

And on a local note - I cooked myself my usual BIG BREAKFAST on Sunday of bacon, eggs, sausages, hash browns, baked beans, fried tomatoes, fried mushrooms, black pudding, lashings of HP Sauce......and was shocked to discover when I'd nearly finished eating it that I'd been using a bloody fork and spoon. I'm not sure if it was just the habit taking over or a grey moment.

And I thought I was the only one who experienced seeing my Dad in the mirror every day, depressingly inevitable it appears.

BTW, can can come round to your house on Sunday, I want someone to cook me breakfast

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

Every time when I look in the mirror

All these lines on my face getting clearer

The past is gone

It went by, like dusk to dawn

Isn't that the way

Everybody's got the dues in life to pay

I know nobody knows

Where it comes and where it goes

I know it's everybody sin

You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life

Is books, written pages

Live and learn from fools and

From sages

You know it's true, oh

All these feelings come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the years

Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears

Sing with me, just for today

Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Aerosmith, Dream On

• Like 1

It's all good but it would be great if people could come up with some more THAI EXPAT SPECIFIC ones.

I reckon I'll considering myself maturing when the thrill of standing on the outside bit of the songthaew (Baht Bus), wind in the hair, watching the traffic zip by is replaced by the thought of ... just how good are those Thai welds ... the driver looked a bit dodgy ... maybe better to sit down on the seats and leave the riding at the entrance to those young blokes.

Just like these 2 blokes are doing at the back here ...

songthaew.jpg

• Like 2

It's all good but it would be great if people could come up with some more THAI EXPAT SPECIFIC ones.

I reckon I'll considering myself maturing when the thrill of standing on the outside bit of the songthaew (Baht Bus), wind in the hair, watching the traffic zip by is replaced by the thought of ... just how good are those Thai welds ... the driver looked a bit dodgy ... maybe better to sit down on the seats and leave the riding at the entrance to those young blokes.

Just like these 2 blokes are doing at the back here ...

Uh oh. I NEVER liked riding on the back (not a pungiggle.gif ) even on my first trip here ... 15 years ago! w00t.gif

Edited by Jingthing

Nothing THAI EXPAT SPECIFIC I can think of but I know I can't sleep through a whole night without having to get up to water the horse. 7 hours straight sleep is now just a memory. Talking of memory, people aren't frightened of telling you secrets because they know you can't remember anything anyway!

Just been to the kitchen twice, but cant remember what for when arriving...

If the sun is up ... Milk

Sun down ... Beer ... sometimes when sun up also ... biggrin.png

For me: It's the ability to cylce longer distances (145 miles last week 8 hours 25 mins) at a moderate pace, but losing my ability to sprint seriously fast over 200m on the velodrome (10 years ago 11.9 seconds, now 14.6 on a good day). Apart from that at age 65 I can still perform elsewhere.

Looking in the mirror while I'm shaving and seeing someone who looks more like my Dad every day looking back at me. Not that it's a problem, my Dad was a handsome looking fellow in his dotage. whistling.gif

And on a local note - I cooked myself my usual BIG BREAKFAST on Sunday of bacon, eggs, sausages, hash browns, baked beans, fried tomatoes, fried mushrooms, black pudding, lashings of HP Sauce......and was shocked to discover when I'd nearly finished eating it that I'd been using a bloody fork and spoon. I'm not sure if it was just the habit taking over or a grey moment.

I thought a spoon was for soup, I must be getting old too................sad.png

Now I am old and gray, my pilot light's gone out.
What used to be my sex appeal, is now my water spout.

I used to be embarrassed to make that thing behave,
Each and every morning it would stand and watch me shave.

But now I am older, it really gives me the blues.
To see it hang down my leg and watch me shine my shoes!

Now I am old and gray, my pilot light's gone out.

What used to be my sex appeal, is now my water spout.

I used to be embarrassed to make that thing behave,

Each and every morning it would stand and watch me shave.

But now I am older, it really gives me the blues.

To see it hang down my leg and watch me shine my shoes!

I haven't got there yet, but they say I am old.........sad.png ....................laugh.png

• Like 2

I thought a spoon was for soup, I must be getting old too................sad.png

Actually it wasn't too bad. I like to build a tasty choice of nearly everything on a single fork, but I found myself doing it Thai style on a spoon. You can get a lot onto a spoon!

I'll try doing it on purpose next Sunday and see if the gastronomic benefits lead to a permanent dropping of the knife. I'll add some fried bread to the menu in the interests of science. licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

• Like 1

This list of some signs you are getting old (well, middle aged actually) is rather funny. Some are universal (such as hair growing in the ears) and some are British specific.

MAJIC, on 18 Dec 2013 - 05:21, said:

You know you are getting old when at the end of a busy day,you are actually looking forward to going to bed.................alone.

Your condition must be a specific one.

I always carried a cold box / esky / dtung yen with me to keep the beers cold ,

Now I just put the ice the beer glass when it gets too warm !

Could not be fussed with the extra baggage .

Never did that In Australia , sure to get a lot of stares !