Right to fight back: Women push government to legalize pepper spray for self-defense

Lite Beer

Pepper spray saved me once in a situation with a big man with a bat on a road rage power trip. I could have used it in defense here once from motorcycle thugs. It should be legal-especially as a defense for women. Hope to see in places other than Nana now; god knows what's in the stuff they sell around there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, this is something I know about (ginjag will be happy I'm talking about something I know about rather than winding people up!). It's what I do and is my profession (I teach Krav Maga). Problems with pepper-sprays are numerous;

1 in 4 people are no effected by pepper spray to a point high enough to stop them doing what they want to do.

The pepper sprays shown in the image above are tiny little things and you need to be very close up for them to work (a law enforcement standard one will spray 15 or 20 meters)

If the wind is wrong it can blow back into your own face

If you don't use it quick enough you run the risk of the attacker seizing it and using it against you

Fake pepper spray from street vendors/market traders.

In reality a larger can of hair spray is better some times

What's the answer? Well one answer would be to come and get proper instruction and training with us or another properly affiliated Krav Maga school. Common sense is a good starting place. I could write a manual about it (in fact I have) but for this post I would recommend NOT relying on pepper spray for a defence purpose. Common objects such as key, credit cards can work more effectively as does the voice - not just calling for help but shouting dynamically as loud as possible into the attackers ear.

Feel free to check out thailandkravmaga dotcom for more info (not a plug - have a look)

cheesy.gifcoffee1.gif Why the H#ll bring me into your pepper reply, I must have touched a nerve somewhere ??? if what you say is fact and you know what you are talking about, then good, I hope so, normally you get a lot of flack.

this post is better than your biased posts of late.clap2.gifthumbsup.gif

So pleased about your sense of humour! Trust me you haven't touched any nerve with me.. The only people that can touch a nerve with me are people who are unbiased themselves.

Strange reply, if I didn't touch a nerve then I ask you why bring me into your post ???? I had nothing to do with your supposedly educated post. please do not therefore include me if I am not part of the discussion, that is being polite and unbiased. OK