Villa Market real Christmas trees: 9,900 Baht only

george

9,900 THB for a real Christmas tree?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have an artificial tree for the last 7 years ,work great!

Cheers

same as me,

i hand carried a fiber optic one from the uk years ago,,lol,

never had a real tree in the uk never mind here, to much mess all the needles dropping there is some nice trees in big,c now,

jake

When I was a kid, I'd go a few km outside of my city with my Grandad a few days before Christmas. He'd stop his car when he had found the right spot, grab his axe, jump over the fence and chop down a small pine tree. Good price for that tree. These days you'd probably be arrested for that.

$300+ for a X-Mas tree? They must be joking!

No transport costs and/or import duty can justify this price.

Apart from factors such as

ecology;

mess;

re-usability;

delivery, disposal and waste management;

anti-'green peace' sentiments, etc.

As to some people suffering nostalgia, - buy a plastic imitation, smell spray bottle and snow imitation.

And whichever way you'll go - you are still not home... coffee1.gif

Edited by ABCer
  • Like 1

Have they got any Jaffa Cakes? Christmas Morning isn't right without Jaffa Cakes....

That depends on where you come from...

For me classic Panettone is the best, though I'm not Italian...

BTW they are selling them in BKK at circa 500Bt per kg. Genuine stuff...

Have they got any Jaffa Cakes? Christmas Morning isn't right without Jaffa Cakes....

You do know what a Jaffa cake is don't you ?

Ikea had also christmas trees on sale. Prices started about 1950 THB. I was there 4-5 Dec and saw some Thais bought 1 to 4 trees, probably sold out already.

Buggers!

I was looking for that on their website as they did it last year and they do a buy-back so you don't toss the old tree into landfill.

Maybe I missed the link or they sold out faster than last year.

Depends on how big, how nice, where its from, etc. A decent tree back home costs around $100, so how much is too much for transport and markup for a "rare" item? Not worth it for me, but I can't just write it off as a piss-take. Seems like something not easy to come by in LOS, so if its good enough, I can't knock them for the premium markup.

I can feel a poll coming on..........wub.pnggiggle.gifwub.pnggiggle.gifwub.pnggiggle.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

599 baht for a plastic one from Makro and 199 baht for some lights. Will use this one till the lights stop working, then will buy some more lights.

9,900 for one that last a couple of weeks? Anyone who pays that wants their head looking at.

It's a luxury item in Thailand, nothing says "I have money" more than a 9000 baht tree that lasts 12 days. What alternatives are there in Thailand?

Sad the farang in a 3rd world country complaining about a "luxury" item in thai prices.

And your off again,,,, you really are "anti farang", how do you get through your days with so much bitterness?

Thailand is not a 3rd world country, it is categorised as a developing country,, look it up.

9,900 baht for a tree is very expensive, full stop.

• Like 1

I do and i still eat them the same way since i was a kid,,, bite around the circle of orange on the top and then peel the orange off and eat separately,,, oh the little things.. anyone who doesn't know what they are will probably be no clearer.