Suvarnabhumi Airport ticket sales moved to 6th floor

webfact

Suvarnabhumi Airport ticket sales moved to 6th floor
By Digital Content

13873630116501.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 19 – Suvarnabhumi Airport has relocated its airline ticket sales counters to the 6th floor in order to allow more space inside the departure terminal.

Suvarnabhumi Airport General Manager Rawewan Netrakavesna said that airline ticket sales booths have been moved from the 4th to the 6th floor in a bid to increase space in the departure hall of the terminal building.

Ms Rawewan said the relocation will allow an extra 900 square metres of space for the increasing number of passengers using the airport, a passenger density which tends to be as high as 130,000 persons a day
during the annual peak season between October and March.

Up to 54 airline ticket vendors including Emirates, Japan Airlines, China Airlines, Bangkok Airways and many more are now located on upper floor following the relocation. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-19

Maybe a silly question but I thought Departures was on the top floor ?

No, Departures is on level 4.

At the rear of the main passenger terminal building there are several more floors (5, 6 & 7), accessible by escalator/elevator; there are some employee lounges, a post office, a CAT facility, banks, restaurant, observation lounge - some of which may have been displaced by the ticket sales move? I assume TG's largish ticket sales office will remain on level 4 (rear). Much of level 5 may now be occupied by security check-points.

• Like 1

It is intended to make more check-in spaces in the areas having become empty.

Seemingly, but no luggage belts down to the tarmac, as far as I am aware, so they'll have to schlep checked bags over to one of the A/B, C/D, E/F... counters? I doubt they'll install belts, but who knows? Also not a lot of room for queues, without stopping cross-termianl traffic in the front of the main check-in lobby? So I guess we'll have to wait to see what the plan is?