Red shirts led by Thida meet business group

webfact

Red shirts meet business group
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- SENIOR RED SHIRTS led by Thida Thavornseth yesterday met with the group comprising seven private-sector organisations to explore an exit from the political impasse while expressing concern that another mass rally by the People's Democratic Reform Committee on Sunday might end in a stalemate and violence.

The core organisations were the Board of Trade, the Federation of Thai Industries and the Thai Bankers Association.

The government has proposed proceeding with reform talks along with holding the election on February 2 as scheduled, while the PDRC has proposed postponing the polls until reform is completed, which would take at least a year and a half. Nuttawut Saikuar, caretaker deputy commerce minister and another red-shirt leader, said the PDRC's way was equivalent to a coup and there was no legal basis for delaying an election for more than one year.

"If Suthep Thuabsuban of the PDRC scraps the election, I will be here in Bangkok [with an army of red shirts] to say that we want to have the vote. One man, one vote equally," he said, referring to a premise from an academic that the rural poor deserve no right to vote equally with the urban rich.

Thida also said the red shirts could not just stand by and watch the country drift into anarchy.

"We try to avoid violence but the country is being dragged into danger."

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-19

BANGKOK: -- SENIOR RED SHIRTS led by Thida Thavornseth yesterday met with the group comprising seven private-sector organisations to explore an exit from the political impasse while expressing concern that another mass rally by the People's Democratic Reform Committee on Sunday might end in a stalemate and violence

Translation - If you don't do what we tell you then we tell the reds to bring violence...

• Like 2

Thida also said the red shirts could not just stand by and watch the country drift into anarchy.

Strange comment from her, considering that it is she and her red shirt mob that are leading the charge to anarchy. I guess 2010 was just the pregame show.

Thida for PM!

tongue.png

Would be nice to see her, and her fellow UDD local-leaders, form their own non-Thaksin/TRT/PPP/PTP party, and contest the elections, on a help-the-poor platform.

Won't happen, she/they are clearly committed to (and currently part of) the S-clan's political-machine, another missed opportunity.

""If Suthep Thuabsuban of the PDRC scraps the election, I will be here in Bangkok [with an army of red shirts] to say that we want to have the vote. "

It seems caretaking Dept. minister of commerce, Pheu Thai partylist MP and UDD (co-)leader Nattawut is at it again, like in 2010. Will it be on him again this time?

Edited by rubl

Truth be known her hand was out waiting for money.'' Back me all of you and I will deliver the goods.''

.Wouldn't trust the old communist further than I could throw wet jelly..

Remember how Castro was a freedom fighter? When he achieved victory he then announced '' I am an avowed Communist.''

Thida never really participates in creative and productive activities but attaches herself to people and movements ( Red Shirts) and then proceeds to control and manipulate them extending her power down so as to control the most basic units of society so as she won't lose control but the process enables her and her cronies to extract the maximum wealth and efforts from their followers.

Truths are sustainable and lies mutable.

Edited by siampolee

She cannot be daft enough to realize there is no solution to the so called political impass .... can she?

As long as Thailand is beig run by a dictator in another country there will be no solution

One vote for one person.

Simple.

Except when the rich minority cannot win for over a decade no matter what sh!t they stir. wink.png:(

Edited by Hoven
  • Like 1

Hoven post # 12

Except when the rich minority cannot win for over a decade no matter what sh!t they stir. xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.pEtiH2upqe.webp

So the rich minority, Thaksin and his ilk resorted to paying for votes to attain power and access to the states coffers.whistling.gif

Hoven post # 12

Except when the rich minority cannot win for over a decade no matter what sh!t they stir. xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.pEtiH2upqe.webp

So the rich minority, Thaksin and his ilk resorted to paying for votes to attain power and access to the states coffers.whistling.gif

Every side has given money to voters and told them to vote for them, really its as simple as that. :huh:

All parties want to get to the state coffers. Do you know about Suthep the Palm Oil Corruption Man and his palm oil family? Perhaps even start to read up on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suthep_Thaugsuban#1995_to_present_corruption_scandal

From what I've read about Ms. Thida is some other topics I guess she felt a need to ensure the business community that she has nothing against businesses and eviscerating is only for the Democrats after her husband is through with 'eradication' and 'wiping out'.

Mind you at Bangkok Bank and Siam Commercial Bank there are still lots of people who haven't forgotten how their branches were ransacked and torched in 2010.

• Like 1

From what I've read about Ms. Thida is some other topics I guess she felt a need to ensure the business community that she has nothing against businesses and eviscerating is only for the Democrats after her husband is through with 'eradication' and 'wiping out'.

Mind you at Bangkok Bank and Siam Commercial Bank there are still lots of people who haven't forgotten how their branches were ransacked and torched in 2010.

And there's at least 90 plus families who lost a lot more than bank branches in 2010, but hey, we all put value on different things eh, rubi?

• Like 1

And there's at least 90 plus families who lost a lot more than bank branches in 2010, but hey, we all put value on different things eh, rubi?

And there's a lot bigger numbers in terms of the paymasters war on drugs and tak bai etc.

• Like 1

The topic only mentions talks with a business group.

As for the 92 death during March - May 2010, well Ms Thida is still defending the (caretaker) government which tried to push through a blanket amnesty bill. Pheu Thai MP and UDD co-leader Korkaew voted in favour, caretaker Dept. Minister of Commerce, Pheu Thai party list MP and UDD co-leader Nattawut abstained as did Pheu Thai party list Mps UDD co-leader dr. weng and the late Seh Daeng's daughter. So, what you mean by 'putting value on different things'?

• Like 2

And there's a lot bigger numbers in terms of the paymasters war on drugs and tak bai etc.

But that is something the regime propagandists don't want to talk about. Almost 3,000 people have been killed by Thaksin's regime, half of them proven innocent, Tak Bai incident - 85 killed, 18 human right activists were assassinated between 2001-2005 etc...etc...Thaksin is without any doubts the biggest human right abuser in the modern Thai history yet some deluded individuals are trying to present him and his clan as democratic and progressive force.

Edited by Mackie

But that is something the regime propagandists don't want to talk about. Almost 3,000 people have been killed by Thaksin's regime, half of them proven innocent, Tak Bai incident - 85 killed, 18 human right activists were assassinated between 2001-2005 etc...etc...Thaksin is without any doubts the biggest human right abuser in the modern Thai history yet some deluded individuals are trying to present him and his clan as democratic and progressive force.

As for the 92 death during March - May 2010, well Ms Thida is still defending the (caretaker) government which tried to push through a blanket amnesty bill. Pheu Thai MP and UDD co-leader Korkaew voted in favour, caretaker Dept. Minister of Commerce, Pheu Thai party list MP and UDD co-leader Nattawut abstained as did Pheu Thai party list Mps UDD co-leader dr. weng and the late Seh Daeng's daughter. So, what you mean by 'putting value on different things'?

I was replying to your post (which are always on topic coffee1.gif - with additions) and with you mentioning eradication and wiping out, I thought it would be apt to remind people of the deaths in 2010. You chose to mention bank branches being ransacked.............each to their own.

The reds and Yingluck have been playing a shrewd hand in this game from the start, the reds by withdrawing from the stadium / calling off their protests and going home, a few weeks ago when the situation was about to escalate, this was a public 'feather in their cap', and Yingluck by offering early elections and offering dialogue and soforth. Their eroding popularity base has (I'm sure) been boosted by this, and in the media at least they have emerged as the peaceful diplomatic side.

Given Suthep's increasingly mad demands and the unfortunate damage resulting in his prolonged overthrow-movement, he has caused a lot of damage to the Dems image. Inquiring minds wonder if this whole thing wasn't planned out from the start to bring about the above outcomes, and if that were true what Suthep is getting in return for his AP role. Assuming instead that he's just a wild old man who is going off the rails and doesn't even notice that his actions are strengthening his opponent's longterm position, that is just as lamentable, and the outcome will be the same either way. It is just a question of time and damage caused.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla

I was replying to your post (which are always on topic coffee1.gif - with additions) and with you mentioning eradication and wiping out, I thought it would be apt to remind people of the deaths in 2010. You chose to mention bank branches being ransacked.............each to their own.

Zigzagging along, we still have a meeting with a business group with Ms. Thida expressing concern about a stalemate and violence. Members of the business group still remember the violence in 2010 and somehow they suffered most of the violence done by anti-government protesters led by the senior red-shirts who were in the meeting with Ms. Thida.

Also with you bringing up the 92 deaths (including 16 non-red-shirts) I just pointed out the strange twist in the UDD which still wants 'justice and punishement for the guilty' but is defending the government which tried to push through a 'blanket amnesty bill' which also is the main reason for the current protests, the dissolution of parliament, a possible election and (till now) only talks about reform.

So, what you think the main concern of the business group was? The concern of the UDD was clearly expressed by Nattawut ""If Suthep Thuabsuban of the PDRC scraps the election, I will be here in Bangkok [with an army of red shirts]"". The UDD's concern seems about the violence they may start with their army.

And don't forget the 2,500 plus "alleged drug dealers" or the 90 plus at Thak Bai and Krue Sai will you Fab4? But as you clearly say we all put a different value on things.