Freakonomics.com

LarryBird

that website works for me (3BB) but over the last few days there are a number of sites outside of Thailand that i can't access. if you look to the bottom left of firefox you will [probably] see the site being re-directed to the site [government] that censors a number of websites that they don't like for political or other reasons. here's a tip that works on getting around some: lose the "www." from the URL

i too, often get directed to 3BB site when some of the sites are blocked.

Edited by Oscar2

OK man, A question like 'why am I being blocked from this website?, is very similar to 'can you really use this across boarders?'... Where one of the questions is actually verifiable by... let's think... ACTUALLY TRYING IT! LOLOL. Given that no one has explained it, or was aware of not being able to get on to freakonomics, i think it's a reasonable question. Why don't you go ahead and explain it to us, bro.

OK man, A question like 'why am I being blocked from this website?, is very similar to 'can you really use this across boarders?'... Where one of the questions is actually verifiable by... let's think... ACTUALLY TRYING IT! LOLOL. Given that no one has explained it, or was aware of not being able to get on to freakonomics, i think it's a reasonable question. Why don't you go ahead and explain it to us, bro.

You ought to start, bro, by explaining your previous one-liner (which I quoted back to you) in my post about Snapchat. Remember?

I was asking if Snapchat charges users for sending video clips across borders (or "boarders," if you prefer).

I have both TOT and 3BB, tried to get into http://freakonomics.com/ using both ISPs and in different browsers with no problems except that the website does seem to be slow downloading.

Perhaps it`s just a case that the website`s servers are busy and you may gain better results at different times of the day. Also try refreshing the page or try opening the website via a another link from the Google search engine or Bing and see if that helps.

You ought to start, bro, by explaining your previous one-liner (which I quoted back to you) in my post about Snapchat. Remember?

I was asking if Snapchat charges users for sending video clips across borders (or "boarders," if you prefer).

Yes, I remember, hence the comment about using it across borders. Are you really that dense? Well done catching my spelling error. I always know a quality person when they correct grammar /usage and spelling errors on the internet. That makes you right, and the other person wrong. Because 'Oh my god!!! You don't even know the difference between 'they're' and 'their' ..

Did you try it? Did you read to see if there are any charges?

You're like the person that asks questions to people that can be answered by google in seconds.. 'What's AFAIK?' 'Where's Rotorua?

My post has actually been useful in discovering that some people are in fact having trouble logging on...

And yes everyone, I have tried reloading the page, different browsers, etc.

Edited by LarryBird

I have both TOT and 3BB, tried to get into http://freakonomics.com/ using both ISPs and in different browsers with no problems except that the website does seem to be slow downloading.

Perhaps it`s just a case that the website`s servers are busy and you may gain better results at different times of the day. Also try refreshing the page or try opening the website via a another link from the Google search engine or Bing and see if that helps.

Wouldn't NotEinstein still have troubles if he's using a VPN if it's just a case of them having slow servers? Or does geography matter in this case?

• 4 weeks later...

I access it on a True cable connection via the iPad/iPhone Podcasts app. This by far and away my favourite app. If you have one of those devices you should check it out. I also subscribe to about a dozen other podcasts through the app, including the wonderful Frank Skinner's Absolute Radio, The Tech Guy (Leo Laporte), The Archers (i know, sorry...), Radio 4 comedy, How Stuff Works, 101 East, etc.

There are some great podcasts out there...

This site appears to load fine on TOT in MHS province.

Every time I am in Pai I feel like the internet there is faster and more robust than in the CM area. Now I am convinced. Freakonomics will still not load in Mae Taeng!

• Like 1