Yingluck using state funds to woo voters: Dems

webfact

I still think the best option for Thailand is a Democrat government, but they have to realise that when they are next in power, they must do more for the north of Thailand if they want to stay in power.

They bleat on about the northern people only voting for Thaksin because they're uneducated and easily bribed to vote.... Well, they have had more than enough time to spend money on improving the education in the north themselves, but simply didn't bother or even care and now it's biting them on the backside big time!

So learn by your mistakes Dems!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the past 30 years, successive Governments, including the Democrats, have used their incumbency to pour money into marginal seats to boost their popularity. Not much different to most other Countries. In Thailand, election time is for repaving potholed roads to remote villages, and similar

vote buying projects. And of course promising to reduce taxes, increase the minimum wage, first buyer's schemes, and upping the price they pay for rice and various food stuffs. The mistake that the Thaksin regime made, was actually keeping their promises after they won the election.

I always remember in the UK, prior to an election during a previous crisis, the Liberals told the truth and informed the electorate that the UK

economy was in dire straits and that in order to sort the economy out, taxes would have to go up if they were voted in. Whereas the Labour and

Conservative Parties promised to cut taxes. The electorate voted in the Labour Party and taxes were immediately raised. The Liberals who told the

truth, lost the election. So it is not much different here, it doesn't pay them to be honest to win votes.

I still think the best option for Thailand is a Democrat government, but they have to realise that when they are next in power, they must do more for the north of Thailand if they want to stay in power.

They bleat on about the northern people only voting for Thaksin because they're uneducated and easily bribed to vote.... Well, they have had more than enough time to spend money on improving the education in the north themselves, but simply didn't bother or even care and now it's biting them on the backside big time!

How much can you do in 2 years? They did increase the age for getting free education. They also had subsidies for uniforms and books (removed by PTP to pay for tablets).

The Liberal Democrats also vowed not to raise University tuition fees? The electorate in every country is gullible to all forms of vote buying tactics and Thailand is no exception

Yeah but they didn't lose more than 10 billion USD on purpose just to stay popular in rural England, did they?

How much can you do in 2 years? They did increase the age for getting free education. They also had subsidies for uniforms and books (removed by PTP to pay for tablets).

.........and don't forget, the Democrat's rice mortgage scheme was far cheaper than Pheu Thai's 'scam' version plus it actually benefitted the farmers more than the current debacle ever will!!

They managed the economy better than these incompetent imbeciles could ever dream of doing (which benefits the whole nation).

They have retained the subsidies for uniforms and books though, as our private school has just received this money from the government.

.........and don't forget, the Democrat's rice mortgage scheme was far cheaper than Pheu Thai's 'scam' version plus it actually benefitted the farmers more than the current debacle ever will!!

They managed the economy better than these incompetent imbeciles could ever dream of doing (which benefits the whole nation).

They have retained the subsidies for uniforms and books though, as our private school has just received this money from the government.

I don't know full details, but have heard from some taxidrivers here in Bangkok that the current rice price pleding scheme gave them a little bit more than the previous government's scheme. Still not enough with prices of almost everything involved haven risen at the same time as the new scheme.

Of course lots of rice farmers may not see, or not be concerned about the collossal loss of 360++ billion in taxpayers money.

Your words

"But, as usual, the OP doesn't actually go into detail about what she is supposed to have done."

flys in the face of your previous post stating

"She doesn't have to, but it appears that she is."

Do you normally base your posts on hearsay from a dem party MP - are they still MP's, I thought they resigned? Actually, I think I know the answer to that one............

You must have missed the title:

Based on the title, it appears that she is using state funds, but the OP doesn't state what she is supposed to have done.

It also appears that you are trolling.

I'm trolling because I dared to question you? Your first post gives a very strong impression that you think she has been using state funds and your second post is contrary to that. I wanted to know where you really stand. Do you believe hearsay from a dem MP or not. Rather than answer you accuse me of trolling......................

Also on the usage of state funds, in most countries these are used to fund overseas visits, BUT in our ladies case she has outdone most PM/Presidents/etc in the world. The point being no one is monitoring how much is spent, Thailand should have had a body to curtail the amount of trips-to me this is another abuse of power and money.

Just to add, the number of persons on average getting free trips along with her over and above the norm.

The norm being? Do you have any facts to back up your accusations?

Edited by fab4

I don't know full details, but have heard from some taxidrivers here in Bangkok that the current rice price pleding scheme gave them a little bit more than the previous government's scheme. Still not enough with prices of almost everything involved haven risen at the same time as the new scheme.

Of course lots of rice farmers may not see, or not be concerned about the collossal loss of 360++ billion in taxpayers money.

Are there many rice farmers moonlighting as taxi drivers in Bangkok or are taxi drivers the same the world over, experts on everything? giggle.gif (Sorry am I off topic?)

Edited by fab4

Your words

"But, as usual, the OP doesn't actually go into detail about what she is supposed to have done."

flys in the face of your previous post stating

"She doesn't have to, but it appears that she is."

Do you normally base your posts on hearsay from a dem party MP - are they still MP's, I thought they resigned? Actually, I think I know the answer to that one............

You must have missed the title:

Based on the title, it appears that she is using state funds, but the OP doesn't state what she is supposed to have done.

It also appears that you are trolling.

I'm trolling because I dared to question you? Your first post gives a very strong impression that you think she has been using state funds and your second post is contrary to that. I wanted to know where you really stand. Do you believe hearsay from a dem MP or not. Rather than answer you accuse me of trolling......................

The OP says she used state funds for campaigning, which is why I used "appears", but doesn't go into detail, which is why I questioned the quality of reporting.

Just because it doesn't go into detail doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

Are there many rice farmers moonlighting as taxi drivers in Bangkok or are taxi drivers the same the world over, experts on everything? giggle.gif (Sorry am I off topic?)

A Bangkok taxi driver said that at least 99% of them are red shirt sympathisers but they never distort the facts!!

Also on the usage of state funds, in most countries these are used to fund overseas visits, BUT in our ladies case she has outdone most PM/Presidents/etc in the world. The point being no one is monitoring how much is spent, Thailand should have had a body to curtail the amount of trips-to me this is another abuse of power and money.

Just to add, the number of persons on average getting free trips along with her over and above the norm.

The norm being? Do you have any facts to back up your accusations?

Trust you to ask that, in the two and a half years add up how many trips abroad, compare that to a nation similar, find out how many were on these trips the figures are on topics from before. on some the numbers are NOT listed.

These are not accusations these are published foreign trips made. I would and you if your an honest guy say that the PM has been away more than THE NORM.

The PM has been on trips as Defense minister her other role -she has gone instead of the foreign minister, and in her role as PM.

Coming back to the norm thing, that would be trips as PM only. I would presume you see that her being away so much was OK ??? and many times she went when there were serious issues here to attend.---that is the other problem, together with avoiding parliamentary duties fairly regular--Known fact.

SICHONSTEVE

LOLOL yes of course the BOT report... accurate unbiased..and always correct...Thank You ... now try some external sources such as Moody's and the CIA World Fact-file... among others... ... you do realize who the board members of the BOT are...yes? no...?naw... never mind ... it was sheer idiocy of me to try and get a neutral take on this across... cheers! wish you the best... post-180926-0-95751900-1387542631_thumb.

Lol. I guess if they can't get paid by the government for the rice that is rotting in warehouses, they have to make ends meet somehow.

SICHONSTEVE

LOLOL yes of course the BOT report... accurate unbiased..and always correct...Thank You ... now try some external sources such as Moody's and the CIA World Fact-file... among others... ... you do realize who the board members of the BOT are...yes? no...?naw... never mind ... it was sheer idiocy of me to try and get a neutral take on this across... cheers! wish you the best... attachicon.gifheads_in_sand.jpg

These officials simply cannot drag a figure of 7.8% growth out of the air, can they!!

Unless of course your name is Kittirat (that serial liar) who doesn't like to deliver bad news just in case it spooks the markets and reflects badly on him and his incompetent ministry.

Korn and Abhisit are probably two of the most honest parliamentarians around and easily the most capable (by a country mile)!!

Looks like a last ditch attempt by a desperate party acting like children because there not getting all the candy. You know there desperate when they start picking on a 10 year old boy because he mother is in power. I have read a seen some low acts in the fast few days from Suthep & his gang.

Read the title and OP. Think about it. Now think about your post.

HTF does it bear any relation to this topic ??

This is about YL maybe using taxpayers money for electioneering.

Spot on. The entourage following her is probably the biggest in the world. No accountability, no responsibility, no transparency. Those incompetent fools are running the whole country into the ground. The only thing they will be remembered for is the massive losses they made. Unfortunately, a Thai tax payer will have to foot the bill once again. All those mislead poor souls in rural Thailand will pay through their noses.

Unless the poor souls upcountry are making more than 15,000 a month then they do not pay income tax but they do get shafted all the time & will continue to do so unless the status quo is changed from the current feudal system.

Yingluck using state funds to woo voters

OK. So nothing has changed over the last 2 1/2 years then.

Like sister like brother. She was in Udon a few days ago and had a large rally there - probably telling her followers how much they would receive in the election for their votes