Things I Have Learned From Air Travel This Year

David48

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During turbulence, it's easier to pee in the basin than the crapper.

During turbulence you should be strapped in your seat - or you could break a limb or even put your head through the ceiling. It does not happen often but does occur enough.

Hey, when you gots to go, you gots to go !

I find international flights on United more than acceptable,,,and the ailine staff are generally friendly and helpful

I only wish I could say trhe same about their domestic flights,,,seeem like a different airline and I have learned to avoid

these flights as often as possible

I take a Dramamine (generic term dimenhydrinate) aside from preventing motion sickness with which I have no problem with, it induces drowsiness, For me it knocks me out, the liquor helps also, So I have a few drinks, watch a bad movie, eat some bad food and sleep, then I wake up eat some more, have an other drink, and sleep again,

I tell the flight attendant not to wake me up for anything other than landing , or if we crash and I am a survivor,

if I am not a survivor I tell her not to bother waking me up,and if she did that I would be very cranky.tongue.png

Never call an Aus airhostess a trolly dolly!

Complete sense of humor failure will result

Trolly dolly is a very English term, so will never go over well with an Australian Flight Attendant. For all posters, the term air stewardess went out of aviation use about 30 years ago. They are ALL Flight Attendants, male or female.

Another aviation term now being used when the flight crew are all female. They now sit in the box office not the cockpit. This was passed on to me by a female pilot.

They don't like to be called cart tarts either

David48, on 22 Dec 2013 - 11:24, said:

Well ... I learning a lot.

I have but one to add ... (almost *) every dish on the AirAsia Menu is chicken ... even the Hot Dog is made from Chicken fat Meat.

* I did see a Tuna wrap on the menu.

You should travel with Air India.

Big variety......you can have chicken curry, or lamb curry, or vegetable curry.....even the desert has got curry.

If you like curry you are in heaven!!!!!!

They harness the output of the food to the engines.....Recycling in action.

Flight attendants do not like to be poked or prodded to get their attention. I have not done this , but it is in their top 3 pet peeves , from what I have learned.

... laugh.png

Fly on Finnair and you will have no temptation whatsoever to prod, poke or otherwise molest any FA. Opportunity would be a fine thing as they spend most of the flight asleep in their own curtained off section. Instantly recognisable at Swampy as they make their dumpy dishevelled scowling progress through to the gate behind an immaculately turned out Asian flight crew. Achieve the impossible in making US flight crews look great.

• Like 1

I learned some years ago to do everything possible to avoid flying the very unfriendly skies of the Corpartate Police State of Amerika and their Gestapo at the airports, haven't been back in over 3.5 years and never plan to return.

Good. I'm sure the 'Amerikans' will appreciate your absence.

I've learned that Lufthansa flight attendants who overnight at the Concorde Hotel in Cairo are much more receptive to a threesome than, say, the BA and Qantas gals tongue.png

Flight attendants do not like to be poked or prodded to get their attention. I have not done this , but it is in their top 3 pet peeves , from what I have learned.

... laugh.png

Fly on Finnair and you will have no temptation whatsoever to prod, poke or otherwise molest any FA. Opportunity would be a fine thing as they spend most of the flight asleep in their own curtained off section. Instantly recognisable at Swampy as they make their dumpy dishevelled scowling progress through to the gate behind an immaculately turned out Asian flight crew. Achieve the impossible in making US flight crews look great.

With QANTAS I would be a bit suspicious of who pokes or prods who where.

That the new Thai Air first ( as on the 380 and the refurb 747) is a really good product, still not quite up with Sing Air or Cathay but not that far behind anymore , probaby now equivalant to the best ME airlines ( but without the awful layover )and way better than most of the rest eg BA.

• Like 1

... laugh.png

Must go through the same selection process and training school as BA.

• Like 1

That it is absolutely essential, to triple-check the details on any Air Asia return-booking, as their web-site has a nasty habit of changing or resetting the outward-flight date, while one is engrossed in selecting the return-date ! wink.png

I got caught by this, and am still kicking myself, for having trusted their blasted computer-systems, when I knew how tricky they were ! facepalm.gif

I always make sure I get a window seat on long distance flights when we are travelling through the night, as I can easily do without going to the john till morning. I think every passenger who needs the John regularly, should try and get a seat next to the passageway, it is only common sense.

• Barfighting is not what it used to be. According to one very verbose Englishman who sat next to me for one very long flight, you used to put your boot on a guy's neck, he would give up, and then you'd shake hands and have a beer. Now, guys kick guys when they're down.

What better time to kick a man than when he is down,

His convenient boot level location would significantly reduce lower back strain injuries by 50%tongue.png

If you are forced to fight and can honestly say that you never did any provoking, and you have to act in self defence, and you put your opponent down, then you make sure he stays down, if necessary, you kick him when he is down, as you don't know if he will pull a knife on you, or even get the better of you, if he gets up.

Be smart;y dressed and polite to the cabin crew is generally enough to ensure that you have access to the extra supplies of apple juice and whichever meals that are available. But act like cattle in whichever class of travel....

Thanks Cuban, I never thought of that, and I always get hungry and thirsty on a long haul flight.