Yingluck voted as 'Darling of the Isaan People'

webfact

I wonder if Mr Suthep is calling for annulment and starts marching towards Isan country

This would be funny, the People waiting for him to giv him a bloddy nose.

there sah " build a wall around Bangkok and wait till is onder water.

If the Dems ever want to win an election then they need to win the hearts of people nth of Bangkok. Shift their focus away from the minority elites and start working for the people who hold the majority of votes.

Minority elite Scof scof none of the people i know or saw that at the sites demonstrating belongs to any elite stop reading bangkok post and visit the rally sites instead. I talked to people from both the very south and with people from northern provinces Tak, Mae Hong Son, Prae and other northern provinces...the YL still has majority there officially but have lost alot of votes...time for the Shins to disappear from the political landscape.

• Like 1

If the Dems ever want to win an election then they need to win the hearts of people nth of Bangkok. Shift their focus away from the minority elites and start working for the people who hold the majority of votes.

Either that or form an ad hoc peoples' council that is not for the people at all and hijack the country once again.

• Like 1

Minority elite Scof scof none of the people i know or saw that at the sites demonstrating belongs to any elite stop reading bangkok post and visit the rally sites instead. I talked to people from both the very south and with people from northern provinces Tak, Mae Hong Son, Prae and other northern provinces...the YL still has majority there officially but have lost alot of votes...time for the Shins to disappear from the political landscape.

My appologies, didn't mean to offend you.

Ok the majority of the people are against Yingluk.

I will keep my opinion but not agree with you, again my deepest apologiy for having a different opinion.

That's it, they never seem to consider the northern peoples, yet without them they have little chance of ever winning the majority of the vote, especially when you add 500-1,000 baht that's always on offer at election time. Having watched this merry go round for since 2001 I am amazed at the lack of any real attempt by the Dems to undermine Thaksin's base. At every election they seem to have nothing to offer, I understand they don't want to make unrealistic promises like the rice scam but they need to start leveling the playing field for the poor of Issan and elsewhere. From the people I speak to around Khon Kaen the support for Thaksin is as strong as ever. I still find many of his supporters understand he is corrupt but they also see the Dems as no better and they all seem to feel the Dems will only ever stand for the traditional elites. Even without Thaksin I think they would never vote Dem. The country needs another party, totally unconnected to existing families and groups, but I think there is a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.

• Like 1

There is a Thai - Chinese split in Thailand. The Issan peopel are the poor Thais. The yellow shirts support is from the elite ethnic Chinese Thais. The Chinese look down on the poor Thais with contempt. They now wish to remove democracy because they cannot win the majority vote

• Like 1

I went to Krung Ching waterfall today to look around. There is a small town there I always stop at to eat Pa tai. I was not thinking and asked the lady why all the shops were closed. She said the bus to BKK ran today for the rally. To tell the truth I was kinda put back. In a small out of the way town, poor people, barely making a living. Supporting the crowds in BKK? Not sure about all the talk about the rich BKK only. Seems to me the poor people are supporting the movement in BKK. I asked my GF about it and she said even the people in Issan are finally starting to wake up? True or not I do not know.

Just what I have seen down south it is not just the rich. By a long way.

I'm kinda confused about the whole thing as usual... :)

Possibly correct but some people have principles. Obviously the people of Isan do not.....

The Dems obviously do not support democratic principles. Their supporters throughout the whole country must feel frustrated that they will not have the opportunity to elect a government of their choice.

For your information, the people of isaan are ordinary people. They have principles they believe in and hold similar views on many things to Thais in other parts of the country. They have learned from experience that the Democratic party has done very little for them.

Displaying your ignorance about them just reinforces the falang stereotype sexpat here for the cheap alcohol, drugs and sex trade.

Honorific titles and cute monikers do not a leader make. The proof of ones competence is best measured by the sincere and measurable results. Adequate food, shelter, medical care, employement and education are the keystones of survival. Those elements, along with an honest and transparent government, will endear any leader to the populace and move a society forward. A poll is nice to look at, depending on much rice is in the readers rice bowl IMO.

• Like 1