Anyone know a Thai person that wants to work?

media

Does anyone know a Thai person that can cook or who is a Thai Food Chef thats looking for a job in Pattaya?

Or a young person that needs to learn how to cook and gain a trade?

I promised a friend I would put this on Thaivisa he is desperate to find someone for his restaurant.

Salary for an experienced cook is 10.000 to 14.000 depending on the applicants skills, or 7000 for a trainee apprentice

You and/or he/she need to pay a lot more. Information about the location of the so called "restaurant" would also help. I'dsay at least 30k a month for an experienced cook at a busy resturant is the norm. What you read and think simply isn't how it works in the real world of Pattaya. With that said, hard to believe the resturant is busy when lacking enough or any cooks. Good people make good money. You might consider offering a room as well. Providing a decent room is a big part of any good job in Pattaya because so few Thai's are actually from here. Those who are from Pattaya know well how to make money in the marketplace and it isn't by being a cook in a farangs "restuarant" serving Thai food.

Finding a Thai that is willing to work for the min 300 baht a day is next to impossible here in Pattaya.

Our house maid gets 500 pr day (not live in), yes bloody 500 a day or she walks.

Since she is very good at her job, we keep her but for only 3 days pr week, she got 2 other places she work at as well.

• Like 1

Finding a Thai that is willing to work for the min 300 baht a day is next to impossible here in Pattaya.

Our house maid gets 500 pr day (not live in), yes bloody 500 a day or she walks.

Since she is very good at her job, we keep her but for only 3 days pr week, she got 2 other places she work at as well.

You have to pay her 500 baht per day! blink.png

Simply outrageous!

• Like 1

Good luck.....we gave up after trying for 6 months. Its impossible to get and keep staff even when offering a good salary, com and benefits. One started and in her first month earned almost 40k, didnt last the 2nd month though.You sure wont get anyone at 7,000 a month...is that even legal bearing in mind minimum wage?

Simply outrageous!

Not really, it's hard to find someone that is good at their job, reliable and trustworthy.

6k a month is not too much.

Simply outrageous!

Not really, it's hard to find someone that is good at their job, reliable and trustworthy.

It was sarcasm on my part

Simply outrageous!

It was sarcasm on my part

Oh I see. This being Thai Visa I'm you can excuse me for talking you literally. 10 quid a day is a snip. People think they can come over here and get slave labour. Shame on them.

• Like 1

now go back and read all the thread about double-pricing and tipping. Look what you have done, nowdays a thai will not work for a farang

unless he get paid a hefty amount of dollars/stock option/free premium health care....

500 baht per dayblink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.png

for this price she must be wearing the french housemaid uniformlaugh.png .... even if she is 50 yofacepalm.gif

a thai friend in bkk did just hired a, hard working, maid for just 7K baht a month. That the normal price between thai, i guess.

Edited by Bender
  • Like 1

I know the Hilton pays 300b a day for unskilled temporary kitchen help in the cold kitchen. They pay a lot more for permanent kitchen staff, plus benefits. 1800 a week 7200 a month. (6 day week).

now go back and read all the thread about double-pricing and tipping. Look what you have done, nowdays a thai will not work for a farang

unless he get paid a hefty amount of dollars/stock option/free premium health care....

for this price she must be wearing the french housemaid uniformlaugh.png .... even if she is 50 yofacepalm.gif

a thai friend in bkk did just hired a, hard working, maid for just 7K baht a month. That the normal price between thai, i guess.

You can't compare BKK with Pattaya.

There is a Thai/Thai doctor couple in our village and they have a Burmese permanent house maid and this maid told my wife that she gets 9000 baht per month.

There are other permanent Thai house maids in the village and they gets around 12K baht per month.

So no, I don't think it's possible here in Pattaya to get a house maid working for 300 baht per day and my wife asked a lot of people.

You can't compare BKK with Pattaya.

There is a Thai/Thai doctor couple in our village and they have a Burmese permanent house maid and this maid told my wife that she gets 9000 baht per month.

There are other permanent Thai house maids in the village and they gets around 12K baht per month.

So no, I don't think it's possible here in Pattaya to get a house maid working for 300 baht per day and my wife asked a lot of people.

"There is a Thai/Thai doctor couple in our village and they have a Burmese permanent house maid and this maid told my wife that she gets 9000 baht per month."

call me cynical, but you shouldnt be that naive.

Maybe its saving face or whatever 'thainess word' to explain this, but a maid, a low worker without degree, doesnt make 500 baht a day like someone quoted above...

and certainly not a burmese.... they get less than 5000 per month that what i witnessed once again in BKK... first hand experience!

Good luck.....we gave up after trying for 6 months. Its impossible to get and keep staff even when offering a good salary, com and benefits. One started and in her first month earned almost 40k, didnt last the 2nd month though.You sure wont get anyone at 7,000 a month...is that even legal bearing in mind minimum wage?

That's more than a 4 month income for an ordinary Thai worker. Perhaps she wanted to go home for a while. Many people live for the moment here. Buddha will provide.

<is that even legal bearing in mind minimum wage?>

Plenty of workers in rural areas don't get minimum wage.

Just curious, but back "home" would you have a maid, or would you clean the house yourself?

Funny...we have a staff of 10 at our business and pat 9-11k per month. Not too difficult finding staff either. Maybe you're a scary farang.

Certain types of businesses, especially in PTA, can easily get staff even when offering low salaries, as the salary is not the main part of the staffs income.

Funny...we have a staff of 10 at our business and pat 9-11k per month. Not too difficult finding staff either. Maybe you're a scary farang.

Certain types of businesses, especially in PTA, can easily get staff even when offering low salaries, as the salary is not the main part of the staffs income.

"PTA"?

We run a healthcare related business (and it's not massage or some other type of tension release business).