Twenty provinces in grip of chill weather

Lite Beer

Twenty provinces in grip of chill weather
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- With upper Thailand expected to experience chilly weather beyond the New Year holidays and the lower South more rains and strong winds and waves, the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department yesterday reported that 155 districts of 20 provinces had been declared cold spell disaster zones.

Department chief Chatchai Promlert said 6.7 million people were affected by the cold spell that ravaged 20 provinces, including nine in the Northeast, 10 in the North and Ratchaburi's Suan Pheung district.

Chatchai also cited a Thai Meteorological Department report that the chilly weather would last until mid-February 2014 and said the department, while tackling the cold spell, was also planning to tackle the drought particularly in the North and Northeast

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-22

In the far south here, we don't get chill weather; it seems we usual get rain weather or cloud weather, seldom wind weather; but more and more, rain weather is giving way to sun weather. Perhaps in the Ice Age we were visited with snow weather; - that's no weather for me, being from the Northwest ... of San Diego.

"Chatchai also cited a Thai Meteorological Department report that the chilly weather would last until mid-February 2014 and said the department, while tackling the cold spell, was also planning to tackle the drought particularly in the North and Northeast"

Good to see they are tackling the cold spell and they will have it handled about the time that cold season traditionally ends. Then they can get started on making it hot for hot season. The drought will probably take until rainy season to get fixed though.

• Like 2

Here in Burrr Riram the solar electrickery panels are doing fine but the hot water panel is struggling a bit with the avg. temp. of 20 by day and 12 at night. The guys in the village are wandering about in greatcoats and blankets in the early morning air.

I blame it all on China

on cnn they declared its a natural disaster in chiang mai due to weather under 20 degrees celcius

It was around 8 degrees last night.

I just wanted to post something that chill is relative.....

But 8 degree is really cool, I didn't expect that!