Lite Beer

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I may remove you from the list on the day that the Dems win power and reform this country into a proper democracy, I would be interested to hear your whining.

power in Thailand is won by winning elections, you know the one the "democrats" aren't fielding candidates in.

How many times does the Thai electorate need to go to the polls before one gets the notion that the democrats are not the party the thai electorate supports in sufficient numbers.

How much of democracy needs to be broken before they do get a chance to get to power ? Appoint half of the lower house ? Get rid of the one man one vote ?

What exactly is the relevance of the number of people participating in these protest ? Does that somehow invalidate election results ? Why do these protestors not run for elections, if they have the support they claim, they would win by a landslide.

And how come your post doesn't mention anything about the salient and critical points involved here?

• Like 1

Doesn't Suthep think it odd that only Bangkok folks are protesting, and only a fraction of the numbers he reports? It's amazing how little support this guy has.

From my local Amphoe alone 5 buses went yesterday morning, and met up with around 15 more in Ranong. Left for the capital at around 9:00 am. My SIL and friends were among them.

Did she happen to mention the cost of the bus?

Now that was funny

Hey come on ego, surely you can come up with something better than that.

really, by focusing on just the area's with people in them and from different angles it is quite easy to create and illusion on TV, thought that was common knowledge these days and especially when the station you are talking about is the democrat friendly channel.......smoke is easily blown

All one has to do, is to go to blueskychannel.tv to see how many protesters are out there, today Five main stages and at least 10 smaller ones, in Bangkok. Lots of people, lots of fun and excitment. (and some very cute singer, a little while ago, who had everybody dancing.

Little Miss Noluck, seems to be on her way out.

Just to give you an idea of how dim witted YL is.

There are bombs going off in Songklha.

I bet she doesn't even acknowledge them, let alone stand up and make a statement about them.

This is how inept and disinterested she is regarding her country.

These protests are very valid, and I hope they remain strong as they have been shown to be since they started.

And if she did make a statement about Songkla, people like you would be saying she's ignoring the other problems. I hope you don't think you are presenting a reasoned argument against this government. Your degree of bias is derailing your efforts at persuasion on this board.

Doesn't Suthep think it odd that only Bangkok folks are protesting, and only a fraction of the numbers he reports? It's amazing how little support this guy has.

I am pretty sure You were not at Rama II yesterday afternoon, even on a sunday, after a long weekend with peoples returning home from Hua Hin and Cha Am I have not seen a que this long... And yesterday was as, You may know - saturday - the day traffic is normally the other way, going out of Bangkok...

From the 25 km mark until I turned onto Kanchanapietsaek (11 km mark) took me 2 hours... Cars, pickup trucks, busses and minivans with thai flags - and peoples obviously going to join todays rallies - was seen, in thousands...

Suthep has support from a large number of the population, even from what is known as red shirt strongholds I know people going to Bangkok...

The amnesty law tripped the scale, as far as I can see...

If this Suthep has so much support why not run in the election and win some seats...then we can have reform the democratic way

perhaps because he cannot afford to buy enough votes like the others can, an election that is based on purchased votes is not the democratic way

• Like 2

I may remove you from the list on the day that the Dems win power and reform this country into a proper democracy, I would be interested to hear your whining.

power in Thailand is won by winning elections, you know the one the "democrats" aren't fielding candidates in.

How many times does the Thai electorate need to go to the polls before one gets the notion that the democrats are not the party the thai electorate supports in sufficient numbers.

How much of democracy needs to be broken before they do get a chance to get to power ? Appoint half of the lower house ? Get rid of the one man one vote ?

What exactly is the relevance of the number of people participating in these protest ? Does that somehow invalidate election results ? Why do these protestors not run for elections, if they have the support they claim, they would win by a landslide.

And how come your post doesn't mention anything about the salient and critical points involved here?
Why would I ? Whatever the government did wrong, there are legal and democratic ways to resolve these, trying to go the undemocratic route is not needed and cannot be allowed.

Certainly not if the other side is just as crooked and corrupt. Surely you don't believe they are any better right, that would certainly be a case of ignoring facts and recent history.

Edited by sjaak327

I doubt that's correct. My wife's friend is going today and she asked my wife to go as well but I'm not sure if she will. They are from Isaan but are in Bangkok anyway. I know of others that have gone from Isaan as well so I suspect there are others and I know there are a lot from the south as well. I don't know about now but I'm sure I heard there were protests elsewhere in places like Khon Kaen.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure You were not at Rama II yesterday afternoon, even on a sunday, after a long weekend with peoples returning home from Hua Hin and Cha Am I have not seen a que this long... And yesterday was as, You may know - saturday - the day traffic is normally the other way, going out of Bangkok...

From the 25 km mark until I turned onto Kanchanapietsaek (11 km mark) took me 2 hours... Cars, pickup trucks, busses and minivans with thai flags - and peoples obviously going to join todays rallies - was seen, in thousands...

Suthep has support from a large number of the population, even from what is known as red shirt strongholds I know people going to Bangkok...

The amnesty law tripped the scale, as far as I can see...

If this Suthep has so much support why not run in the election and win some seats...then we can have reform the democratic way

perhaps because he cannot afford to buy enough votes like the others can, an election that is based on purchased votes is not the democratic way

Perhaps he does not carry a 'distribution' network in the north?

power in Thailand is won by winning elections...

Power in Thailand is won by buying elections, hadn't you heard? It's common knowledge amongst almost the entire Thai nation, speak to a few Thais and ask if it's true, they'll most likely smile, or laugh, and admit they were bought.

I can't believe this has to be pointed out to everybody on here who claims Thailand is a democracy and that democracy is at stake, it's <deleted>.

Nope it isn't. Yes votes are being bought, either directly or through policies. But no, they do not determine the actual election results. I know quite a few thais and they simply vote for whoever they deem worthy of their vote. Of course the fairy tale that one side participates in vote buying, whilst the other side isn't, is highly amusing.

And yes democracy is very much at stake here, don't for a minute think it isn't.

I would think democracy was at stake if it was a real democracy, don't for a minute think it is.

• Like 1

Power in Thailand is won by buying elections, hadn't you heard? It's common knowledge amongst almost the entire Thai nation, speak to a few Thais and ask if it's true, they'll most likely smile, or laugh, and admit they were bought.

I can't believe this has to be pointed out to everybody on here who claims Thailand is a democracy and that democracy is at stake, it's <deleted>.

Nope it isn't. Yes votes are being bought, either directly or through policies. But no, they do not determine the actual election results. I know quite a few thais and they simply vote for whoever they deem worthy of their vote. Of course the fairy tale that one side participates in vote buying, whilst the other side isn't, is highly amusing.

And yes democracy is very much at stake here, don't for a minute think it isn't.

The only democracy that exists in Thailand at the moment is a highly and dangerously fractured and broken one that has seen the country divided in two.,

Don't think for a minute this sort of democracy should be protected for the good of Thailand.

Even YL and the PTP have been FORCED to agree that reform is now essential. This is the reform of the current democratic system.

• Like 1

From my local Amphoe alone 5 buses went yesterday morning, and met up with around 15 more in Ranong. Left for the capital at around 9:00 am. My SIL and friends were among them.

Did she happen to mention the cost of the bus?

It's not her bus, so I don't know how much it cost.

• Like 1

PTP and Dems do offer 'gifts' (which is wrong of course) but you do not know Thailand well if you think voters do not vote for who they like. NO ONE checks who they voted for and no one knows.

PTP and Dems do offer 'gifts' (which is wrong of course) but you do not know Thailand well if you think voters do not vote for who they like. NO ONE checks who they voted for and no one knows.

I am not assuming that every voter is paid for, I never said that.

I'm also not saying that the opposition has never paid for votes.

• Like 1

Isn't it strange that I know folk from Chiang Mai, Soi Dao and Chantaburi protesting?

I know people from Korat who are there.

• Like 1