Anti-govt protesters rally across Thai capital

Lite Beer

I wonder what the Thais really think of foreigners getting involved in their politics and joining rallies. I can guess but it probably isn't very pleasant!

I think the anti-govt speakers are actually quite acceptance of foreigners involved. Few of them take the extra effort to explain and deliver some important key points in english speaking to let the foreigners have a better understanding about the actual situation, their goal and also to clear misunderstanding of their motive of taking down the current govt. This shows that they appreciate our concerns and supports. So is it consider pleasant? smile.png

I think so .

like the journalist who was beaten? after Suthep's thugs told the mob to do so from the stage? you should be ashamed posting such garbage

The OP is clearly a Thai who is taking the trouble to post on an English-speaking forum for which we should thank him/her.

You, on the other hand, are a predictable pro-Thaksin Westerner with little or no manners.

And less sense.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never mind about foreign reporters, they don't much like Thai reporters either:

17:00: Following a series of tweets from a Thai Rath journalist about the attacks by guards and protesters against Free TV journalists:

[Ok, so Chief Suthep T and the PDRC leaders want Free TV to cover the PDRC protests or not to the extent that they let speakers and guards threaten the media all the time]

[Last night, Channel 9 team were surrounded, the photographer was carried out of the area; this morning, Channel 3 was surrounded so they couldn't report news]

[Fresh off the presses

, speaker on PDRC stage at Victory Monument, declared to chase out the Channel 7 and 9 news vehicles from the protest area]

[urgent: Channel 9 news and those reporting live, have withdrawn all their reporters from PDRC stage at Rachadamnern for safety reasons after being surrounded by PDRC protesters and having their vehicles smashed/hit]

Sunai @sunaibkk 2h

TNN24 reported TV Channel 3 & Channel 9 news crew were assaulted & pressured to leave protest site at Democracy Monument.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/117561/semi-live-blog-anti-government-protests-of-december-22/

I wonder what the Thais really think of foreigners getting involved in their politics and joining rallies. I can guess but it probably isn't very pleasant!

I think the anti-govt speakers are actually quite acceptance of foreigners involved. Few of them take the extra effort to explain and deliver some important key points in english speaking to let the foreigners have a better understanding about the actual situation, their goal and also to clear misunderstanding of their motive of taking down the current govt. This shows that they appreciate our concerns and supports. So is it consider pleasant? smile.png

I think so .

like the journalist who was beaten? after Suthep's thugs told the mob to do so from the stage? you should be ashamed posting such garbage

The OP is clearly a Thai who is taking the trouble to post on an English-speaking forum for which we should thank him/her.

You, on the other hand, are a predictable pro-Thaksin Westerner with little or no manners.

And less sense.

and you are a farang rose-tinted fool who has no understanding about Thailand and I am NOT pro-Thaksin you noob I am anti anti-democracy unlike you

And less sense.

and you are a farang rose-tinted fool who has no understanding about Thailand and I am NOT pro-Thaksin you noob I am anti anti-democracy unlike you

QED

The attempts at making perceptions change in general thought about this rally,

and it's support are a truly Sisyphus-ian job. Rolling a large rock up s super steep hill,

only to see it roll to the bottom... and then the boss says start again.

The usual suspects hard at work trying to confuse, disorient, and make international observations opaque.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

the only foreigners who did not see this coming in the early PAD (with the twisted swastka) were blinded by hate.

For god's sake- hate Thaksin all you want- but watch what is coming.

You wanted Santa/Christ to come out of this- for god's sake grow up!

Wait till they are isolated by the international world- denied a seat in all international agencies -- watch the response to the ugly foreigner.

THere will be a hell of a hangover after this party- and a recognition that replacing the broken funitu8re is going to mean going to the bankers and saying- hey bud, i was kinda drunk and wrecked some shit- ya think i can maybe borrow a fuew bucks?-and i didn't mean it when I said the foreigners can stuff their democracy and leave us t party hearty.

good luck

Edited by blaze
  • Like 1

The attempts at making perceptions change in general thought about this rally,

and it's support are a truly Sisyphus-ian job. Rolling a large rock up s super steep hill,

only to see it roll to the bottom... and then the boss says start again.

The usual suspects hard at work trying to confuse, disorient, and make international observations opaque.

I agree. Michael Yon and Tony Cartalucci are wasting their time. Most people now see this for what it is. Nothing more than an undemocratic power grab.

This was a mega flop. Lumpini Park is deserted, no one left at Asoke, very thin and dispirited protest marching down Sukhivit...2 abreast. People have voted with their feet on Khun Suthep by staying away in droves

I don't know why you bother! clearly the Television footage shows the opposite,and is probably the largest demonstration to date.

Not according to every major news source in the world ( range: tens of thousands- 70,000). Blue Sky claims 630,000. Delusional. Far fewer than 2 weeks ago. Most people are sick and tired on this lunacy and want it to end

• Like 1

Funny that.

I just been on BBC News Asia, if it is anywhere, it is there.

No mention of it.... just another pro government supporter lying. Strange how most of them lie on here and get found out.

The only thing on there is another wildly inaccurate report from Johnathon 'Dick' Head.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25483401

A few hilarious snippets.

'Tens of thousands of opposition-backed protesters have marched through the Thai capital' (try hundreds of thousands).

'The protesters massed at five main intersections,' ( I believe it was 15 plus YL's crib).

'Protests began nearly a month ago' (erm... try almost 2 months ago).

Seriously, does this guy even know what is going on here?

i liked the one "The protests have led to Thailand's most serious political violence since 2010"

on the BBC iPhone app, the heading for the same article is "Thai opposition holds mass rally". the protesters oppose Thai? <deleted> does that mean?

And less sense.

QED

it's just... what can I say? breathtaking stupidity that you can't see the obvious... the old amart/elite clinging onto power. It's not about Thaksin - yet you can't see it - utterly, utterly breathtaking

Luckily I have ExpatTV internet TV and I get all the British mainstream channels in HD through my internet connection, I also get the ability to record and upload to youtube, and I also have 7 days rewind on demand.

I scanned both BBC News UK and World news, and it is the same Johnathon Head report in a loop.

Here it is..... bullshitters exposed once again.....lol

Try a little harder next time.... This is 2013 we have the technology to expose you.

• Like 2

I was there from about 5 to 6 and didn't see or hear any such thing. Plenty of Yingluck auk bai but no one said anything against foreigners.

And there we have it from a man on the ground.

it was on BBC News

link pls! I've been watching BBC ALL DAY... and world service... nothing of the sort mentioned.... I guess you're just trolling, unless you supply a link.

-m/

you must be a sick <deleted> or a liar (must be second) if you have been watching BBC ALL day - it was ON BBC News

Hilarious! Well here's the written BBC News - updated 40 mins ago: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25483401

If you really believe there was chanting about getting foreigners out... it'd be pretty big news... but no mention here, and no mention on the BBC news I have been watching all day. ... I wonder who the real liar is here? And no need for obfiscated expletives!!!

-m.

And less sense.

QED

it's just... what can I say? breathtaking stupidity that you can't see the obvious... the old amart/elite clinging onto power. It's not about Thaksin - yet you can't see it - utterly, utterly breathtaking

If you can't say anything more coherent or substantive than that, I suggest that you say nothing.

They are now shouting and chanting "get out" at foreign journalists....expect that will go around the world quickly

And you didn't think they were referring to the PTP then?

Of course they were referring to the government.

They ahve been shouting 'get out' for almost 2 months now... so what makes these idiots think that now they mean foreigners?

lol.

This was a mega flop. Lumpini Park is deserted, no one left at Asoke, very thin and dispirited protest marching down Sukhivit...2 abreast. People have voted with their feet on Khun Suthep by staying away in droves

I don't know why you bother! clearly the Television footage shows the opposite,and is probably the largest demonstration to date.

30,000? 40,000? that's the very most you could get in one TV shot against the millions who would VOTE against the Dems - oh hang on they are scared of losing so won't stand - you elite loving posters should be ashamed to stand against democracy

When I see Democracy in operation I'll get back to you. Meanwhile let's just wait and see,propaganda will have no effect on the outcome of the present protest. We "Farangs" don't have a vote,remember!

Regarding numbers, it doesn't take more than a few thousand to block a road...even a few hundred will get the job done. He's never come close to the millions he's claimed...he's never attracted more than a hundred fifty thousand...

150,000 Thais protesting weekly is quite an achievement.

Wait until the election and see how many boycott it.

Apart from the people on the street, there are many at home tuned into Blue Sky, supporting the demands for reform and utterly sick of the Shinawat family thinking Thailand is their own private company to do what they like with.

There are many important players in Thai politics and Suthep is only one of them, but he has crystallized the opposition to the dominance of the Shinawat family perfectly.

A new party, composed of the progressive elements of the Democrats and Pheua Thai parties together is a possible way forward.

• Like 2

Doesn't Suthep think it odd that only Bangkok folks are protesting, and only a fraction of the numbers he reports? It's amazing how little support this guy has.

I am pretty sure You were not at Rama II yesterday afternoon, even on a sunday, after a long weekend with peoples returning home from Hua Hin and Cha Am I have not seen a que this long... And yesterday was as, You may know - saturday - the day traffic is normally the other way, going out of Bangkok...

From the 25 km mark until I turned onto Kanchanapietsaek (11 km mark) took me 2 hours... Cars, pickup trucks, busses and minivans with thai flags - and peoples obviously going to join todays rallies - was seen, in thousands...

Suthep has support from a large number of the population, even from what is known as red shirt strongholds I know people going to Bangkok...

The amnesty law tripped the scale, as far as I can see...

If this Suthep has so much support why not run in the election and win some seats...then we can have reform the democratic way

perhaps because he cannot afford to buy enough votes like the others can, an election that is based on purchased votes is not the democratic way

maybe the dumbest post I've ever seen!

Never mind about foreign reporters, they don't much like Thai reporters either:

17:00: Following a series of tweets from a Thai Rath journalist about the attacks by guards and protesters against Free TV journalists:

[Ok, so Chief Suthep T and the PDRC leaders want Free TV to cover the PDRC protests or not to the extent that they let speakers and guards threaten the media all the time]

[Last night, Channel 9 team were surrounded, the photographer was carried out of the area; this morning, Channel 3 was surrounded so they couldn't report news]

[Fresh off the presses

, speaker on PDRC stage at Victory Monument, declared to chase out the Channel 7 and 9 news vehicles from the protest area]

[urgent: Channel 9 news and those reporting live, have withdrawn all their reporters from PDRC stage at Rachadamnern for safety reasons after being surrounded by PDRC protesters and having their vehicles smashed/hit]

Sunai @sunaibkk 2h

TNN24 reported TV Channel 3 & Channel 9 news crew were assaulted & pressured to leave protest site at Democracy Monument.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/117561/semi-live-blog-anti-government-protests-of-december-22/

<deleted> is that all about then? They were demanding media coverage at the last demonstration. And now this? Suthep is no better than Taksin. Bloody hypocrites the lot of them. Let's just go back to absolute monarchy and be done with it, until another leader comes along who wants to serves ALL people, and not just serve themselves or their cronies.

Luckily I have ExpatTV internet TV and I get all the British mainstream channels in HD through my internet connection, I also get the ability to record and upload to youtube, and I also have 7 days rewind on demand.

I scanned both BBC News UK and World news, and it is the same Johnathon Head report in a loop.

Here it is..... bullshitters exposed once again.....lol

Try a little harder next time.... This is 2013 we have the technology to expose you.

Meanwhile back to our top story, Mikhail Khodorkovsky.....................

I think so .

I believe there are others who will appreciate my garbage. Thanks

• Like 2

They are now shouting and chanting "get out" at foreign journalists....expect that will go around the world quickly

They ahve been shouting 'get out' for almost 2 months now... so what makes these idiots think that now they mean foreigners?

lol.

Fair point. Although I felt she was pointing rather 'menacingly' at Jonathan Head there. lol.

Well there you have it... That is how much the protestors hate farangs

RT@veen_NT: Suthep brought a newly-wed couple on stage and wished them on stage. 7.35pm Suthep leaves the stage.

RT@veen_NT: Finish- Thai couple wished by people "@MrNaling: 19.35น.'สุเทพ'อวยพร 'คู่มั่น'บ่าว-สาว' กลางเวทีราชดำเนิน #nationtv pic.twitter.com/ZbX35qqGpV”

xBcFxJdeCEAA2Vz_.jpg.pagespeed.ic.WY1rvz

Next please!

cheesy.gif

Edited by Nibbles48
  • Like 1

Ever since the amnesty bill fiasco the government have been on the back foot.

Suthep demands the government resigns - Yingluck calls elections.

Suthep demands reforms- the government announce this will be their priority.

Yingluck dares not stay in Bangkok.

The election will be a farce if millions vote no or tear up their ballot papers.

lol.

Fair point. Although I felt she was pointing rather 'menacingly' at Jonathan Head there. lol.

Well she did give him the thumbs up.

• Like 1