Does anyone else feel Xmas is just another day.

Jameskrabi

Christmas for me is a sad day, a day when people with no sanity celebrate a fairytale, Im always staggered at how many people "believe"

If there were no humans there would be no Christmas...........says it all really!

I always laugh cos Coca Cola invented Santa Claus as a marketing gimmick.

And Thomas Nast invented the modern Santa Claus later used by Coca-Cola's 1931 artist 40 years earlier

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have bad memories re. Christmas.

Family of 4 went to Christmas party to uncle family of 10 for 10 years.

Had to bring presents for 10 and receive presents for 4, always very expensive and people would chat away (I this and I that) without interest for something else than themselves. The 4 of us never needed to open our mouths. Enjoying Christmas is something else all together.

Two year ago adopted an abandoned 1 year young family girl.

We are off this morning to Pullman Khon Kaen for some Christmas party.

No presents, just the 3 of us for the ambiance.

See you there passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi

• Like 1

My quote is nothing to do with Santa its about RELIGION. Santa is just another "lovely" way children can be indoctrinated ( vile) from a young age into the arms of religion.

I was an alter boy every year at midnight mass. You had to fast till midnight so you could receive communion. Standing there holding a giant candle as the priest chanted and swung incense around was a very odd experience and most years at least one of us would feint and fall down. Now that's indoctrination to religion not Santa Claus. Santa Claus is more like the pagan Christmas tree stuff and dancing around maypoles with deer horns.

In Thailand all the brothels have Christmas tree lights (of course they have them all year long) and Christmas trees and the ladies wear red devils horns. I think they got it a bit mixed up but it's the spirit of the holiday after all.

Edited by thailiketoo

First of all it means nothing to me. I used to find the whole thing totally OTT when I was back in the UK, USA, Germany, Canada or wherever. Now after being here the only reminder is the music I hear in Tesco-Lotus and the complete insanity of it all from the various news and programmes I watch on Truevisions. It is a religious festival that has been hi-jacked by greed and mass consumerism of biblical proportions. The worst and saddest part for me is the extent of exploitation of the poorest people that go into personal debt because of the various pressures they feel under.

I'm not a scrooge and if it's your thing, then great, have a good time.

Edited by watso63

Only time i really cook something. Whether a bit of pork, a small chicken or duck. I'll have a fry up in the morning. Evening we always have a part. As already said, it's what you make of it.

Edit to add, my wife insists on having a tree. laugh.png

Edited by Mosha

I might have sex twice, but other than that, just a normal day.

Once @ Christmas and again on your Birthday?

Sorry mate ... Merry Christmas ... thumbsup.gif

Stand up, Stand up ... Stand up if you're 3 - nil up

Who am I kidding actually? I have been cooking since 3 pm today, just finished a very nice dinner and a bottle of wine. Dessert is next.......ohhh well, tomorrow is also X-mas.

• Like 1

Christmas is a childrens holiday.

Christmas is A Christian holiday, Hence, Christ-Mas!

It's all it the word

Then please tell the majority non-Christian Thais to stop it already! facepalm.gif

A good percentage of farangs, especially Europeans, don't believe in God, yet they still celebrate. They celebrate shopping and eating at least!

• Like 1

Maybe it is just me but living here in Thailand is different. I go to the Mall's and here the X mass music playing and enjoy it. I don't need the visible things to feel a spirit of joy.

Yes it is not the same tomorrow I will enjoy the company of two different groups of friends. Some thing I do not do on the other day's of the year. Then again I am retired and don't have to work. Maybe having the time and friends makes it easier to enjoy the season.

I feel sorry for those who have closed the door on society and have no friends. for them this is not a good time of the year.

• Like 1