Quick and cheap balance sheet service

Guderian

I noticed a small law office on Thepprasit with a sign outside saying 'Balance Sheet 10,000 Baht'. I went there on Friday and they copied my last balance sheet and told me to come back today with the company stamp to sign the new one. That's all done, I paid the 10K Baht bill and got a receipt, and they will call me in January when the balance sheet has been given to the DBD.

They don't speak much English but the service was very quick and the cheapest I've seen anywhere. If anyone's interested the law office is CPA Law, located on the south side of Thepprasit maybe 200 yards/metres towards Jomtien from the PTT station (but on the opposite side of Thepprasit). If you can't find it straight away (it's a small shop house), just start opposite the PTT station and walk towards Jomtien and you should see the sign in English on the pavement/sidewalk advertising the cheap balance sheet service.

• 2 months later...

Hi Gudrian

I am looking also to change accountants if it saves me some money. Was you happy with the service from CPA ?

All best

Riki

Yes, I was very happy with their service, I already had the audited balance sheet back from the DBD in early February. At 10K Baht they are the cheapest I've found and I'll use them again this year.

one word of caution...

When getting your balance sheet done, its a good idea to go back to the place a few months later and ask for the receipts from the various gov't departments confirming they have lodged the accounts correctly....

Bloke down our way bought a condo 6 years in a Thai company - the developer recommended a friend to do the audits.....each year he coughed up 12,000 b.......then last year tried to sell the place and the purchaser's solicitors found out the the company accounts had never been submitted.

Sale fell through and now trying to sort out the mess.

Edited by properperson

one word of caution...

When getting your balance sheet done, its a good idea to go back to the place a few months later and ask for the receipts from the various gov't departments confirming they have lodged the accounts correctly....

Bloke down our way bought a condo 6 years in a Thai company - the developer recommended a friend to do the audits.....each year he coughed up 12,000 b.......then last year tried to sell the place and the purchaser's solicitors found out the the company accounts had never been submitted.

Sale fell through and now trying to sort out the mess.

Yes, it's essential that you have the receipts to show that they balance sheet has been accepted by the Government Auditor. Both the accountants I've used have attached these to the balance sheet so they can't get misplaced, I'd assumed that would be the standard practice here but perhaps it's not. CPA Law not only attached the receipts to the new balance sheet but when I picked up the accounts they insisted on showing me that they were there.