Foreign Tour Operators Taking Thai Jobs

Rimmer

How dare Farangs take away Thai jobs.

Thai people not poor enough?

Farang not rich enough?

Don't blame farangs - they are just taking advantage or weak laws or lack of law enforcement by corrupt THAIS. Many more Thais will be out of a job come AEC because they can not compete with other members through lack of english skills and a strong work ethic.

• Like 2

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how many Thais are working abroad taking away jobs from the locals there? I'd bet a bunch.

There are loads of them and many working illegally in restuarants etc. Many got busted in Melbourne Aust last week, working for cash in hand in resturants not paying taxes, employers not paying superannuation or declaring earnings. Happened to a nieighbours son, he is now back in Thailand after being deported after getting caught up in the raids.

Yes, but I think there are clear differences between what is being expressed by Thai tour operators here and what you are describing in Melbourne.

In the case of Melbourne, you have employers taking advantage of cheap, unregistered labour in non-technical roles whilst also avoiding paying income tax, social security payments, etc., for their own major benefit. I feel sorry for the ones who are used in such ways and then deported when discovered, and I also believe that the employers deserve what's coming to them once they are discovered.

In Thailand, given the lack of language skills, foreigners are being used in important tourism sales and marketing roles, essentially because they are able to communicate with the targets (that is, tourists from all around the world). As someone else has already written here, if you dispose of all these staff, then you will lose revenue as there will be a lack of trust in the Thai operators based upon media publicity of the various scams in Thailand.

Why not simply recognise the problem and apply a rule for the employment of a limited number of foreign staff within the industry for this very purpose? All legal and above board, and anyone found operating outside of this rule could then be dealt with in accordance with the law.

• Like 1

"the Illegal influential people suppression operating center, to prevent and suppress the influential people that are threating areas of Pattaya and Chonburi"

Even Google translate can't come up with this kind of <deleted>!

And than to think somebody is proud to open the center ;-)

• Like 2

Immigrants always travel to a better life, thus control of immigration is inherently inhuman and will remove the lowest level of employee in any society.

Consider the USA. In the years of no immigration control, the GNP increased exponentially and continuously and nearly every household had a servant - usually a temp who was moving from chores, to steady work, to owning their own business.

All the famous entreprentes were a product of that process.

Once Immigration controls were in place, the economy slowed and many rescessions followed.

The more restrictive immigration, the slower the economy.

• Like 1

You think its bad now?

Wait till Asean 2015. Then you will see how many Thais will have their jobs taken by foreigners.

For a sneak preview, go look at the UK right now.

AEC restricts ASEAN nationals to work in Thailand as engineers, nurses, architects, surveyors, doctors, dentists and accountants. Other than those jobs that are focussed on English skills as the primary requirement to compliment professional qualifications, exactly what Thai jobs would be lost to ASEAN nationals? Probably at a minimum to also communicate in Thai, you don't think their will be a relatively small influx of ASEAN nationals in the permitted professions.

Edited by simple1

One post removed, if you have a problem with the English used in the original post, please take it up with the source do not post your dis pleasure on here it is off topic.

• Like 1

Many Thais will lose their job to foreigners after ASEAN kicks in because of better education and better English ability of neighboring countries. I think Thailand will try to partially opt out and keep the protectionism but enjoy the free trade and outbound employee migration.

Let me get this correct, instead of paying a local person a small amount of money to perform a job a company would rather pay an illegal person a much higher amount to do the same job.

Isn't it normally that a company does not want to pay a local because the price is too high so looks for an illegal in order to save some money even if the job is not done as well.

My point is that if there was not a need these companies would hire a local in order to save money.

Just maybe the aliens do a better job... A office to investigate influential aliens its just another case of Empire building and jobs for the boys.. Too many civil servants army and police dragging this country down. The Asian group will as I see not be a welcome group to ve part of for Thailand. They will not be able to fend everyone off.

Nibbles48, on 24 Dec 2013 - 18:09, said:

You think its bad now?

Wait till Asean 2015. Then you will see how many Thais will have their jobs taken by foreigners.

The problem with many Thais is that they believe they should have a job, even though they are not capable of doing it. A very strange attitude.

• Like 1

You think its bad now?

I know I know... off topic somehow but here are news for you. The UK benefits from it:

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21591865-open-letter-citizens-bulgaria-and-romania-youre-welcome

kotsak, on 25 Dec 2013 - 09:06, said:
Costas2008, on 24 Dec 2013 - 18:55, said:

You, bloody foreigners, you come to our country....take our jobs......marry to our women and HAVE children with them......can't speak properly our language, etc. etc.

I'm trying to remember....in which country....did I hear the above comments before!whistling.gif

Hmm.. Greece? :>

Bingo!!!!!!!!.....You must be from UK!

I’ve taught English in four S/E Asian countries and Thailand is by far the laziest bunch of learners I’ve ever encountered and the Thai English teachers are a joke!!!! Yes, I’m sure you all know this already. If the GD Thais want a job as tour operators learn some GD English. I work with Chinese teachers who speak four languages and English is they’re best.

Off topic… Why are Thai guys so scared to stand next to a foreigner when taking a piss?

Edited by Rimmer
Profane

What's wrong with foreigners?

We have a broader view of the world...we most of us study in Universities and have degrees. Wrong with foreigners is that we have an education and business ideas on management. We organize ourselves and follow through on commitments. We North American and Europeans explore...have you heard of any Thai's embarking on a sea journey to explore any new lands back in the days of wooden boats and sails? Wrong we have not inter-bread within families.

What we do not have is a great spread of wealth to so many few in a non-colonized country. 80% of population are in agriculture fields...yes a simple life and strong family ties.

There is no right or wrong with foreigners we are guiding Thailand into a new development, thou the scene with the political situation may high-lite the need more education to the young Thai's on what can be done to re-boot Thai thinking we are not invaders of their country.

I’ve taught English in four S/E Asian countries and Thailand is by far the laziest bunch of learners I’ve ever encountered and the Thai English teachers are a fuc_king joke!!!! Yes, I’m sure you all know this already. If the GD Thais want a job as tour operators learn some GD English. I work with Chinese teachers who speak four languages and English is they’re best.

Off topic… Why are Thai guys so scared to stand next to a foreigner when taking a piss?

Yes true, off the topic...some night clubs offer messages while you re-leave yourself, offer a back message or cold towel on the back on neck...nice..like a boxer going to his corner after a bout..attention..attention...I like!

Will people from neigboring countries be able to live and work here like the eu? That would seem like a shok to the system here.

You think its bad now?

"Will people from neigboring countries be able to live and work here like the eu? That would seem like a shok to the system here."

As someone posted above, the Thai government has already restricted the jobs that will be opened up to other AEC members to about eight professional categories. They obviously realise the limitations of their own people and are anticipating the changes in 2015

And how many Thais are working abroad taking away jobs from the locals there? I'd bet a bunch.

But these countries do not limit the professions that can be done by foreigners. And honestly speaking, most do work in the horizontal business.

I had a student and guided her through her education from high school to university. Now she's working as a tour guide.

As we became good friends and me having a Thai family, I wouldn't be happy if a Russian <deleted> would take her job. Excuse my language, it's Christmas.

Happy New Mia Noi!-wai2.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 1

You, bloody foreigners, you come to our country....take our jobs......marry to our women and HAVE children with them......can't speak properly our language, etc. etc.

I'm trying to remember....in which country....did I hear the above comments before!whistling.gif

I doubt animosity exists about farangs marrying thai women as the majority of the women (wrongly or rightly) are perceived domestically as low desirability.

But these countries do not limit the professions that can be done by foreigners. And honestly speaking, most do work in the horizontal business.

I had a student and guided her through her education from high school to university. Now she's working as a tour guide.

As we became good friends and me having a Thai family, I wouldn't be happy if a Russian arsehol_e would take her job. Excuse my language, it's Christmas.

Happy New Mia Noi!-wai2.gifcoffee1.gif

"horizontal business" Any pun intended?