EC appoints a panel to look into Yingluck's election campaign

webfact

EC appoints a panel to look into Yingluck’s election campaign

1101-40246-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Election Commission (EC) has appointed a subcommittee to look into allegations by the people that the caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has misused state vehicles, funds and government services in last week’s inspection tours of several provinces in the North and Northeast.

EC officials said that election campaign by candidates who were former cabinet minister and prime minister could be held but that they must not use government vehicles and funds and not ordering government officials to facilitate their campaigns.

Meanwhile the Democrat party is to consider asking the Election Commission to take action against Ms Yingluck over the misusing of state funds for election campaign.

Party spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalysasut said the party’s legal team was gathering evidence to file complaint with the EC .

He said Yingluck has visited 14 northern and northeastern provinces over the past two weeks, in a tour that was due to end on Sunday.

The tour was considered an election campaign as she met supporters and were greeted by government officials after office hours.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ec-appoints-panel-look-yinglucks-election-campaign/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2013-12-25

• Like 2

Lol

They were warned by a member of the senate just 2 days into this public funded election campaign. Did they listen? They never listen, they just do as they please.

Did YL ever bother her arse to go up there to inspect government projects during the all the time she was in office?...... Did she hell...

Did she mention the elections while visiting her supporters?... Yes she did.

Is she campaigning?... You bet your ass she is campaigning.

Will the EC disqualify her?..... will they hell.

Why?

Because they are just being seen to be doing something because complaints have been officially lodged. But they will find her trip as totally acceptable and not connected to campaigning.

Same as they have allowed the PTP to throw even more debt money at their voters through the rice scam to assure their vote.

Thaksin has got to this commission, they need to be replaced.

You see if I am wrong.... time will tell. But they clearly show more signs of being bought than of being neutral.

Oh so accurate. How would they dare take on PTP and the Shins ?

Anyway if they actually found against her it would simply be ignored a la the Constitutional Court.

Clutching at straws or what? LondonThai has summed up the situation clearly.

If it was that clear then it would be obvious to all, even the Dems; hence no complaint filed and therefore no panel from the EC would be looking into it.

I don't think I'm the one who doesn't see clearly here.

• Like 1

Seems everything is black and white to you. That she would be PTP's #1 party list candidate was announced some time ago, and I doubt there was a single voter in the North unaware of that fact.

she has only registered as a candidate on Monday morning. Her tour of north east finished on sunday.

she will still be using state funds and property, as a caretaker pm.

democrats, you still have a chance to run for election till friday evening, otherwise stop obstructing other from caring legitimate and useful work

How incredibly gauche

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Erm... Sorry mate, but I have news for you.

Since where does it say that it is allowable to campaign freely on public money and assets if it is done before registration?

Also, why would the EC be 'forced' to inspect this irregularity, had it been well within the legal boundaries?

This set of rules thought up by LondonThai is clearly just him 'clutching at straws' in an effort to validate this crime.

Sorry, but the facts have spoken. I hope she is suspended. Another reason to overhaul the election processes, because she would have been suspended last week with a proper commission in place.

Just another piece of ammo for the Dems and Suthep. and another reason why this government are not legitimated to rule.

Edit:

Just picked this up.

RT @tulsathit: Yingluck planning another TV announcement.

I would normally be wondering what this announcement is about, but at the moment I am wondering if this is just another opportunity to plug the PTP campaign using 'an announcement' as an opportunity. If this 'announcement' is just the same old drivel that she has been spouting for the past few weeks, then it is as I think.. an 'opportunity'.

Edited by Nibbles48
  • Like 2

Lol

They were warned by a member of the senate just 2 days into this public funded election campaign. Did they listen? They never listen, they just do as they please.

Did YL ever bother her arse to go up there to inspect government projects during the all the time she was in office?...... Did she hell...

Why?

Because they are just being seen to be doing something because complaints have been officially lodged. But they will find her trip as totally acceptable and not connected to campaigning.

Same as they have allowed the PTP to throw even more debt money at their voters through the rice scam to assure their vote.

You see if I am wrong.... time will tell. But they clearly show more signs of being bought than of being neutral.

Out of likes again. You are SPOT ON sir !!

Since where does it say that it is allowable to campaign freely on public money and assets if it is done before registration?

Also, why would the EC be 'forced' to inspect this irregularity, had it been well within the legal boundaries?

This set of rules thought up by LondonThai is clearly just him 'clutching at straws' in an effort to validate this crime.

Sorry, but the facts have spoken. I hope she is suspended. Another reason to overhaul the election processes, because she would have been suspended last week with a proper commission in place.

Just another piece of ammo for the Dems and Suthep. and another reason why this government are not legitimated to rule.

Edit:

Just picked this up.

I would normally be wondering what this announcement is about, but at the moment I am wondering if this is just another opportunity to plug the PTP campaign using 'an announcement' as an opportunity. If this 'announcement' is just the same old drivel that she has been spouting for the past few weeks, then it is as I think.. an 'opportunity'.

The facts clearly speak regularly, unfortunately, some people seem to have been living in the countryside too long and have been brainwashed by their families / red shirt villages / ASTV etc and actually believe the crap they hear ! Thanks for being reasonable and making a well thought out argument. Wish we had more people here who could and would...

• Like 1

she has only registered as a candidate on Monday morning. Her tour of north east finished on sunday.

democrats, you still have a chance to run for election till friday evening, otherwise stop obstructing other from caring legitimate and useful work

"she has only registered as a candidate on Monday morning. Her tour of north east finished on sunday."

That's skirting the issue of was she or was she not campaigning on government funds? She has repeatedly said she would not step down as caretaker PM which could easily be construed as "I'm going to run for reelection" which would make her a candidate de facto. So her intent in her extended trip north should be examined.

Nope. She was not. Case closed. Move on.

Edit:

Just picked this up.

The facts clearly speak regularly, unfortunately, some people seem to have been living in the countryside too long and have been brainwashed by their families / red shirt villages / ASTV etc and actually believe the crap they hear ! Thanks for being reasonable and making a well thought out argument. Wish we had more people here who could and would...

Likewise, if you lay in piss for too long your shirt will be stained with yellow.

Then don't do it JR. Unless you like yellow.

"she has only registered as a candidate on Monday morning. Her tour of north east finished on sunday."

That's skirting the issue of was she or was she not campaigning on government funds? She has repeatedly said she would not step down as caretaker PM which could easily be construed as "I'm going to run for reelection" which would make her a candidate de facto. So her intent in her extended trip north should be examined.

Nope. She was not. Case closed. Move on.

Gosh you're convincing.

Edit:

Just picked this up.

Likewise, if you lay in piss for too long your shirt will be stained with yellow.

Erudite, too, for a Persian God-King.

If LondonThai had summed it up so clearly, he should have mentioned that her tour didn't finish last Sunday, but is due to finish next Sunday smile.png

Edited by PeterSmiles

Lol

Why?

In any other "democracy", following the resignation of a government, and the installation of a "caretaker PM", independent bodies have to take control over all budgetary spending, and there is no way that new budgetary decisions can be made without the input of all interested parties.

The announcement, only yesterday, that new funding had been approved for the rice scam scheme must surely run contrary to the constitution, and indeed, any funds taken from state coffers to subsidise the political campaigning of YL and the PTP would also have to be ruled as illegal.

Are there no depths to which the Thaksinistra will not sink...?!

Londonthai has probably never studied constitutional law, otherwise he would be aware that a caretaker PM does not have power to independently use state funds without the input of all interested parties...!!

And yes, before you ask, I have...!!

• Like 1