Police battle protesters at Thai-Japanese Stadium

webfact

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for the police to use real bullets against the thugs of Suthep. If 32 parties show up for a registration and one fascist party that would not even win in Bangkok of the house registrations were based on were people truly lived and worked maximum violence will be allowed to protect democracy.

Thailand's people can't help the Democrats cannot win elections. They would not even have won the 1992 elections if Thaksin would not have been close to Chamlong and his friends.

In many countries they throw away the key when you disturb the working of a democracy. they should do so with Suthep too.

All those posts over the years accusing Abhisit, Suthep and the RTA of murdering redshirts and you resort to this?

Oh the hypocrisy

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Question: if votes can be "bought"' why don't the well-financed protesters just "buy" the next election, and save Thailand from all this violence and turmoil?

If they did so, there are many conservative, nationalist parties around the world which have managed to convince a majority of the electorate that they would

govern better than the opposition. Look at Japan, the UK , the US , Germany and France for examples.

What is required is a positive message and an intelligent communications policy. Ronald Reagan won by a landslide with his " New Morning in America" campaign.

Lots of beautiful images and positive messages, suggesting an American Renaissance. Personally, I did not vote for Mr. Reagan, but I had to admire his media

campaign, and freely admit it was very successful.

The bottom line is that the Thai Democrats are sending out very confusing signals with very negative imagery, including unsavory ad feminism attacks on the

democratically elected prime minister. If they are as educated as they say they are, they should know this kind of gutter politics does not play well in the international arena these days. Which is why over 40 countries and UN SG Ban Ki Moon have expressed support for the democratic process and elections in Thailand.

Trying to violently sabotage that process is not going to help matters!:)

a mob of ultra royalists trying to revert back to feudalism, against 27 parties and the great majority of population. What demons rule them? How brainwashed can they be?

do have political views, even fascist one, but don't try to force them on others

how "great" are the majority when their votes can be bought for 500B a pop.

I don't support the yellow shirts, but I do support democracy, and let's be honest, Thailand doesn't have one, and probably never did.

Solution - no idea.

• Like 2

I'm tending to think that who support the people blocking the election operations are nothing more or less than anarchic... and anarchy (well driven from influential elite) now is where this country is pointing too.

Too dangerous. I have the scary feeling that a big bomb will detonate sooner or later (figurative)...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is there no end to this Yingluck government's brutality. First setting their thugs on spotty bookworms trying to leave their campus, and now this. What a disgrace!

are you crazy??? Who caused these clashes? You never heard about an brainless idiot named SUTHEP ???? Where are you living? WAKE UP !!

The nonsense peddled by Suthep is allowed to continue because the current government is afraid of a military coup should chaos become too great. So they restrain themselves while Suthep shows complete disregard for the office of prime minister, the buildings and ministries of government, the citizens of Thailand, the rule of law and democracy. Will the appointed council Suthep sings praises to provide reforms to prevent future military intervention into civilian affairs? I doubt it, since the forces behind Suthep are led by former defense minister General Prawit Wongsuwan and former army Chief General Anupong Paochinda; both with connections to General Prem Tinsulanonda. As long as the military can continue to threaten the government with military intervention under the pretext of providing order, no democratic government is safe. Additionally, as long as people like Suthep spit on the institutions of democracy, whether they like those holding the office or not, the populous will always require a charismatic father figure leader to show them the way to righteousness.

Are you trying to say the Military under the leadership of Yingluck is even considering a Military coup.

They are considering it because of friends who used to be some one in power.

Maybe you have been in a coma for the last month but they have repeatedly denied any intention of a coup. They have in fact tried to bring the two sides together. They refused to have a private meeting with Suthep. Or perhaps you have been out of country and had to rely on foreign press for your information. If so what outlet was it that talked about former people in power being friends with the Military leaders who would want a coup now and gave their names?

Surley I am not asking to much of you about the information you have posted.

Your information would be greatly appreciated as so far the Military has denied it and taking steps to maintain the peace.

Is there no end to this Yingluck government's brutality. First setting their thugs on spotty bookworms trying to leave their campus, and now this. What a disgrace!

are you crazy??? Who caused these clashes? You never heard about an brainless idiot named SUTHEP ???? Where are you living? WAKE UP !!

Who caused these clashes?

Try a certain Government that tried to bring in a bill to clear powerful people of their dirty crimes. If they hadn't done that then none of this would be happening.

Each successive election has been more free and more fair. This has coincided with the development of populist policies by the incumbent government and it's predecessors that the old-school, perpetually losing Democrats and their ilk prefer to call 'vote buying'. They have a completely different perception on how the lower classes should be 'used' and their place in society.

Very well put. The only way to develop a democracy is via the ballot box. That is how societies develop. Let us not forget that whilst the US has by and large free elections, it was not always so. Until the 1960s Black voters in the South were effectively disenfranchised. A couple of decades earlier the horrendously corrupt NY Democratic machine rigged presidential elections. Harry Truman only became vice president because of corrupt practices at the convention, and so on.

Democracies develop and mob overthrow is not part of that process.

So the East Germans and the Polish were very wrong by overthrow their government.

Now we wait for the proof when finally the North Korean vote Kim out of office.....

A sad and uneducated reply to a well composed post with this complete and utter garbage.

Trying to put the political strife in Thailand in the same boat as the post war East / West German divide or the dictatorship of North Korea is both astonishing and ridiculous.

Yes, it's a bit OTT.

A closer analogy would be Zimbabwe: a previously respected leader who just couldn't give up power. Organised militias to intimidate land owners, the opposition and brought his country to its knees.

Now Thaksin hasn't quite achieved the total shafting of his (former?) country yet, but he will if allowed to continue.

It continues to amaze me that so many (presumably Farang) posters equate democracy with elections without even mentioning the quality of the elections and the other pillars of democracy which are hanging on by a thread here.

The nonsense peddled by Suthep is allowed to continue because the current government is afraid of a military coup should chaos become too great. So they restrain themselves while Suthep shows complete disregard for the office of prime minister, the buildings and ministries of government, the citizens of Thailand, the rule of law and democracy. Will the appointed council Suthep sings praises to provide reforms to prevent future military intervention into civilian affairs? I doubt it, since the forces behind Suthep are led by former defense minister General Prawit Wongsuwan and former army Chief General Anupong Paochinda; both with connections to General Prem Tinsulanonda. As long as the military can continue to threaten the government with military intervention under the pretext of providing order, no democratic government is safe. Additionally, as long as people like Suthep spit on the institutions of democracy, whether they like those holding the office or not, the populous will always require a charismatic father figure leader to show them the way to righteousness.

Are you trying to say the Military under the leadership of Yingluck is even considering a Military coup.

Maybe you have been in a coma for the last month but they have repeatedly denied any intention of a coup. They have in fact tried to bring the two sides together. They refused to have a private meeting with Suthep. Or perhaps you have been out of country and had to rely on foreign press for your information. If so what outlet was it that talked about former people in power being friends with the Military leaders who would want a coup now and gave their names?

Your information would be greatly appreciated as so far the Military has denied it and taking steps to maintain the peace.

Hey, control you blood pressure. The government’s restraint is due in part to fear of a coup. The military has repeatedly said the situation is not bad enough at this time to intervene, but a coup has not been ruled out. The link to Reuters is here. Try to be more respectful next time. http://news.yahoo.com/powerful-forces-revealed-behind-thai-protest-movement-161622061.html

• Like 1

According to Richard Barrow, one of the shot policemen has died sad.png

Policeman that was shot has died - RT @joe_black317: ****Thai language removed****

Edited by metisdead
Thai language edited out of post. This is an English language forum, English is the only acceptable language, except in the Thai language forum where Thai language is allowed.

Time for the police to use real bullets against the thugs of Suthep. If 32 parties show up for a registration and one fascist party that would not even win in Bangkok of the house registrations were based on were people truly lived and worked maximum violence will be allowed to protect democracy.

Thailand's people can't help the Democrats cannot win elections. They would not even have won the 1992 elections if Thaksin would not have been close to Chamlong and his friends.

In many countries they throw away the key when you disturb the working of a democracy. they should do so with Suthep too.

All those posts over the years accusing Abhisit, Suthep and the RTA of murdering redshirts and you resort to this?

Oh the hypocrisy

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I know! You caught him, foot in mouth.

This is the only way to topple the oligarchy. And the army IS showing restraint anyway, fearing guys like Dan Rivers will paint the wrong picture.

Hey, control you blood pressure. The government’s restraint is due in part to fear of a coup. The military has repeatedly said the situation is not bad enough at this time to intervene, but a coup has not been ruled out. The link to Reuters is here. Try to be more respectful next time. http://news.yahoo.com/powerful-forces-revealed-behind-thai-protest-movement-161622061.html

Kirk, I am fully in agreement. Michael Yon on his FB page has reported that the Army stayed away while the police were attacked. Sooner or later the Army will have to get involved to restore peace. They waited too long in 2010 (in my opinion), and need to restore order soon, one way or another.

Jan. 7th is when the NACC will decide on the fate of the 300+ MP's.

Not as offensive as you "laughing" at a police officer who was shot.

And not nearly as offensive as some of the red brigade who couldn't wait to accuse Suthep without a shred of evidence.

A policeman died today. I find posts "laughing" at shot policemen offensive - and you come up with

"And not nearly as offensive as some of the red brigade who couldn't wait to accuse Suthep without a shred of evidence"

Though it's hard to remain polite all I can say is that I think your moral compass is somewhat awry.

• Like 1

Ohh now I understand the meaning of peaceful demonstration. I do not understand why the police military did not use water canons to clean up the mess done by S. Feel sorry for the policeman who was on duty. Comments that for the anti government protesters that he should not be there is sarcastic. A party can deny the participation on a election but to boycott the registration process shows the true intention of S. How many more people have to die before people come to their senses. Fight with democratic tools, motivate the people to vote for changes but to change a country to fall back into a dictatorship can't be the answer.

The demonstrations have given better results than expected. Stepping down of the present government, new elections, worldwide attention, all that could lead to a change. Is anybody expecting that the pro government Thais will be silent if their rights are taken away? On the end all of this people will have blood on their hands as it will become ugly.

Edited by blabth

Suthep is desperate for bloodshed. All he wants is for Yingluck to open fire and murder Thai civilians as he himself has done. His next step will then be to get his murder charges dropped in exchange for Yingluck's charges dropped.

He had that chance with the amnesty bill, and didn't want it.

• Like 1

Ohh now I understand the meaning of peaceful demonstration. I do not understand why the police military did not use water canons to clean up the mess done by S. Feel sorry for the policeman who was on duty. Comments that for the anti government protesters that he should not be there is sarcastic. A party can deny the participation on a election but to boycott the registration process shows the true intention of S. How many more people have to die before people come to their senses. Fight with democratic tools, motivate the people to vote for changes but to change a country to fall back into a dictatorship can't be the answer. The demonstrations have given better results than expected. Stepping down of the present government, new elections, worldwide attention, all that could lead to a change. Is anybody expecting that the pro government Thais will be silent if their rights are taken away? On the end all of this people will have blood on their hands as it will become ugly.

No one wants to fall back on dictatorship.

The "democratic tools" in Thailand have been compromised.

The reforms will supposedly re-establish the democratic tools.

Hopefully afer the reforms, none of these current political clowns (on all sides) will be in politics.

Question: if votes can be "bought"' why don't the well-financed protesters just "buy" the next election, and save Thailand from all this violence and turmoil?

If they did so, there are many conservative, nationalist parties around the world which have managed to convince a majority of the electorate that they would

govern better than the opposition. Look at Japan, the UK , the US , Germany and France for examples.

What is required is a positive message and an intelligent communications policy. Ronald Reagan won by a landslide with his " New Morning in America" campaign.

Lots of beautiful images and positive messages, suggesting an American Renaissance. Personally, I did not vote for Mr. Reagan, but I had to admire his media

campaign, and freely admit it was very successful.

The bottom line is that the Thai Democrats are sending out very confusing signals with very negative imagery, including unsavory ad feminism attacks on the

democratically elected prime minister. If they are as educated as they say they are, they should know this kind of gutter politics does not play well in the international arena these days. Which is why over 40 countries and UN SG Ban Ki Moon have expressed support for the democratic process and elections in Thailand.

Trying to violently sabotage that process is not going to help matters!smile.png

a mob of ultra royalists trying to revert back to feudalism, against 27 parties and the great majority of population. What demons rule them? How brainwashed can they be?

do have political views, even fascist one, but don't try to force them on others

how "great" are the majority when their votes can be bought for 500B a pop.

I don't support the yellow shirts, but I do support democracy, and let's be honest, Thailand doesn't have one, and probably never did.

Solution - no idea.

This is the kind of politics that got the current Govt in power. The opposition and Democrats have learned from them how to win.

This is why reform is needed and the whole lot including female puppet of the one who introduced this violent political methodology to Thailand need to be ostracized from Thai politics.

Suthep is desperate for bloodshed. All he wants is for Yingluck to open fire and murder Thai civilians as he himself has done. His next step will then be to get his murder charges dropped in exchange for Yingluck's charges dropped.

He wants it so bad, it is like an itch he can't stop scratching and that is why he is now shooting and killing innocent police just doing their jobs. He knows he is on murder charges and he wants to justify them by getting Yingluk to drop into his gutter and do the same. Problem is she is far more intelligent than a pig in a shit trough.

• Like 1

He wants it so bad, it is like an itch he can't stop scratching and that is why he is now shooting and killing innocent police just doing their jobs. He knows he is on murder charges and he wants to justify them by getting Yingluk to drop into his gutter and do the same. Problem is she is far more intelligent than a pig in a shit trough.

".. he is now shooting and killing innocent police just doing their jobs.."

Really? Suthep wasn't even there at all.

Yingluk's government has reacted to violent and largely illegal protest with considerable restraint.

Wasn't I reading a few days ago of two 'spotty bookworms' firing a handgun indiscriminately into a group of government supporters?

You have to hark back to the Abhisit regime to find a true example of government brutality against it's people.

If the 'spotty bookworms' want to avoid being in the line of fire they should return to their studies and await the outcome of the upcoming elections

• Like 2

I wish they keep their remarks short and sweet. I not going to read a bunch of crap here. Should be a three line limit.

What you advocate is what befalls the college graduates nowadays in the USA. They have a 3,000 word active vocabulary. English language has 1 million plus vocables. That is the result of the Reader's Digest syndrome. Take a monumental work of literature like Ulysses by James Joyce and it is condensed (the actual term used by the Reader's Digest editors) into 3 line paragraphs. That sort of laziness contributed to lower the intellect of people in the USA.

Madison Ave., aware that there is such short span of attention and intellectual weakness in the public at large, followed suit editing the vast majority of books published to have 3 line paragraphs. The art of rhetoric and discourse (a la Clarence Darrow) , conversation and verbal prowess has become that:: a 3 line paragraph without 3 syllable words.

USA graduates are lagging behind countries such as Japan and even Europeans for that simplification of ideas.

Predigested speech begets intellectually challenged people.

• Like 1

Bangkok's Finest.

"To Serve and Protect"

The protestors feel they can do as they wish. If the police is blocking the way and order you to turn around and you don't and instead you reply with a cocky attitude, that is not smart. They are the law and to challenge them is unwise.

That is a protestor's truck, driven by a woman (same tactic used before) loaded with provisions and other artifacts for the protestors. Why they disobey the police? Because so far they have gotten away with it. Thais are not used to having to face the consequences of their unruly behaviour.

• Like 1