How do I remove the speed limiter on my Honda Click-i scooter motorbike?

Why bother!! It couldn't pull the dick off a chocolate mouse anyways, and the tires are probably as bald as lex Luther !! I'd take the fairing off and the wing mirrors and the deep fat fryer of the side too start!!

Valentino Rossi will be shitting himself!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You can govern it by changing the back pressure... Thai parents love to fit them to their kids motor bikes, try asking a local shop to remove it for you.

(Also used in kids go-karts to limit performance)

Edited by Sayonarax

A friend of mine here had to have a variator (?) replaced on his scooter, and the guy asked him if he wanted one that would give him high top speed or one that would give him better acceleration, so it would seem there are options available.

Try google 164cc honda click there is a company making a big bore kit for the click here in Thailand that will have you pulling 150kph, personally 110 feels fast enough for me.

The 164 kit is for the Click 125 which uses the old PCX 125 engine. But the conversion alone won't nett you anywhere near 150kph. Nor will all the extras.

If you start with a PCX 150 which has higher gearing you might get 130 Kph (indicated)

Back in 1962 I used to have a Lambretta LD 150 and it would cruise all day at about 90 kph which was about 90% throttle.

I'm an Li man myself.wink.png It ended up as 200 with a kit from Speeedwell of Acton. Had to go 16T on the front, I think, and a larger rear tire as it didn't have the longer GT gearing.

I always lusted after a Arthur Francis 225 S thumbsup.gif Hence my reference to the 140 kph. There was also a Raffety-Newman Widcat also 225cc.

Ah, the days of the mods and rockers. I was firmly in the rocker camp myself, not for any ideological reasons, but because I preferred motor bikes to scooters. On a Saturday night at the Manor café in Camberly, you could see some stunning bikes. Classics like the Vincent Black Shadow and Ariel Square Four, modern bikes (at the time) like Triumph Bonnevilles, hybrids where Vincent 1000cc V twins had been shoehorned into Norton Featherbed frames, and many, many more. There would usually be at least a hundred bikes there on a Saturday, lots of them polished and gleaming. Me, I had an old Norton Dominator 88 that leaked oil everywhere. ermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

I always rather liked the cosmetic treatments to the mods' scooters. Chrome bars on the front bristling with mirrors was a favourite. I remember seeing one guy who had mounted dozens of highly polished brass taps on the front of his Lambretta, with matching/complementary paintwork Not sure about the thinking behind that one, but it did look unusual! Maybe he was a plumber's mate...

You might want to consider upgrading the brakes before you want it to go faster, But the best answer is to get a proper bike and stopped playing on mopeds if you feel the need for speed

Just forget the need for speed and concentrate on staying alive. Don't forget you are in Thailand.

Dude, let Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/ do the proper engineering for you. Upgrade to a bigger bike.

Cheaper and safer in the long run. thumbsup.gif

Too much speed is never safe, no matter how safe you think you can ride. It's others you have to watch. don't forget this is Thailand.

A friend of mine here had to have a variator (?) replaced on his scooter, and the guy asked him if he wanted one that would give him high top speed or one that would give him better acceleration, so it would seem there are options available.

Variators come in many guises. As you say some either or but for new Honda's in Thailand, sadly not the 110 Click in question, you can have both better acceleration and slightly better top speed.whistling.gif

Ah, the days of the mods and rockers. I was firmly in the rocker camp myself, not for any ideological reasons, but because I preferred motor bikes to scooters. On a Saturday night at the Manor café in Camberly, you could see some stunning bikes. Classics like the Vincent Black Shadow and Ariel Square Four, modern bikes (at the time) like Triumph Bonnevilles, hybrids where Vincent 1000cc V twins had been shoehorned into Norton Featherbed frames, and many, many more. There would usually be at least a hundred bikes there on a Saturday, lots of them polished and gleaming. Me, I had an old Norton Dominator 88 that leaked oil everywhere. ermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

I always rather liked the cosmetic treatments to the mods' scooters. Chrome bars on the front bristling with mirrors was a favourite. I remember seeing one guy who had mounted dozens of highly polished brass taps on the front of his Lambretta, with matching/complementary paintwork Not sure about the thinking behind that one, but it did look unusual! Maybe he was a plumber's mate...

I was not really firm but as my father would not allow me to have a motorbike, I was only allowed a scooter so that is where I went. I'm generally a function over form guy hence the performance bits.

Just a dig at the early bike guys I found this quote for the non believers.

Up till 1973, the works Wildcat 225 (Edit: Rafferty Newman conversion on a Lambretta) could out accelerate almost any road going motorbike up to 90mph. Geoff would often come back to the shop with a grin from ear to ear telling us stories of how he'd just burned off a Triumph Bonneville.

This rings true because back in the day I heard stories from a guy in our village who said when he was a lad he had a Yamaha YDS2 250 (not slow in the day). He said one day he pulled out of work and a guy with a black and white Lambretta pulled out at the same time. He said he gave it all he had to the nearest roundabout about 500-600 metres away and when he got there the Lambretta guy was still right behind him.

Edited by VocalNeal

I stick to a Honda Wave. I have had mine up to 145 and travel around 120. NO accidents in 10 years, so all you geezers saying you are crazy just don't know how to drive. Although I do admit that I don't like the feel of the click. The weight distribution is whacked when you have your feet on the inside. With my foot pegs on the outside, I can lean into corners when I need on mountain roads, it makes a huge difference. Also on the gearless bikes, the wheels are smaller in diameter and can vibrate at higher speeds. Generally the brakes are very good on Clicks but be easy on the front brakes. I talk to tourists many times that have crashed and nine times out of ten they applied the front brakes too much. I use the front brake sparingly and will even stutter brake the front simulating an ABS. If you apply too much front brake and there is any sand or slippery surface material then the front end can slide away from you and knock you on your backside. There are tons up upgrade magazines, usually in Thai, where you can pimp out your ride. I have found that the best shops to modify are in the country. I had zero luck in BKK as most of these mechanics are impatient fools who focus on the cheapest repairs possible.

Edited by bitterbatter
  • Like 2

• 6 years later...

No matter what they say about it all injection scooters no matter 110i or 125i are limited to 95kmh in Thailand by law thats the reason thai flash the ecu or install a bypass limiter restrictor i have a yamaha gt 125i and my fino goes faster than the gt because there is no limiter with a 110 you can get max speed all stock but only removing the limiter in a click 118 kmh in gps my friend did that and its the result he got and he is 178 cm tall and about 85 kg and unlike the hatters a scooter is the best to ride in the city for small tours or to go to 7/11  if you use a big bike or evan a small stallion  you will notice how useless is to drive in the city so dont pay too mutch attention to many of the comments in here many are hatters or dont evan know what driving a scooter is and why thai prefere to buy a 60k bath scooter other than a big bike i call that ignorance

I think any limitation and restruction is put on by manufacturer as they tune the engine for best fuel consumption, rather than speed or performance..., I heard can get a bit more out of the engine by re-tuning the ECU, but not by much, and certainly not much on a small engine 110-125cc...

Edited by Agusts