Thai Rath apologises for mixing up protest photos

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thai Rath Apologises For Mixing Up Protest Photos"

No mix up at all. Deliberate misuse of and by the looks of it photoshopping of this photograph. The two backgrounds depicted are very different. Deliberate attempt to deceive and set up those the govt dislikes. In effect business as usual.

The backgrounds of the picture appear identical. Where is the photoshopping that you claim to be able to see?

^^^

so i will give my explanation. Amongs all the picture and video i did watch since 2006, its certainly this one who really shake me, really this

one who really ... i dont have the word to express my feelings!

but i must add, that people on TV who do support all this madness, must understand that beyond the words you are in some way responsible for this drama and the 90 others people who died in 2010... This govt was legitimaly elected and you support a civil war, you have only my disdain.

^^^

so i will give my explanation. Amongs all the picture and video i did watch since 2006, its certainly this one who really shake me, really this

but i must add, that people on TV who do support all this madness, must understand that beyond the words you are in some way responsible for this drama and the 90 others people who died in 2010... This govt was legitimaly elected and you support a civil war, you have only my disdain.

Really I have nothing but respect and admiration for your well researched and accurate rantings. PS: This is satire

• Like 1

^^^

Don't try to justify posting that pic. You're just a disgusting human being. I mean the lowest of the low are the people who uses a picture of a family in mourning for political purposes. You're even LOWER because this is just a forum and you're doing it anyway.

No mix up at all. Deliberate misuse of and by the looks of it photoshopping of this photograph. The two backgrounds depicted are very different. Deliberate attempt to deceive and set up those the govt dislikes. In effect business as usual.

The backgrounds of the picture appear identical. Where is the photoshopping that you claim to be able to see?

The 2008 picture looks like it has been pasted onto a scene from Thursdays incident. It is an attempt to link the two events together. If I am wrong about this fair enough, however this was still a deliberate attempt to link Thursday to 2008. Why was this done? Someone is trying to create a cover story. I would like to know who was behind the shooting on Thursday. Misinformation like this smacks of cover up. Edited by Bluespunk

^^^

Don't try to justify posting that pic. You're just a disgusting human being. I mean the lowest of the low are the people who uses a picture of a family in mourning for political purposes. You're even LOWER because this is just a forum and you're doing it anyway.

you are the piece of XXXX, you are the one who call each day for a civil war, you are the one who incitate to violence.

Me with this picture, i dont fear to face the truth of your madness, of your hate speech! This picture, amongs others are highly available on internet, except on TV forum.

You fear to look at this picture, because its show who you are really! You want to hide it! You can run away... but hopefully, i said hopefully... whatever!

^^^

you are the piece of XXXX, you are the one who call each day for a civil war, you are the one who incitate to violence.

Me with this picture, i dont fear to face the truth of your madness, of your hate speech! This picture, amongs others are highly available on internet, except on TV forum.

You fear to look at this picture, because its show who you are really! You want to hide it! You can run away... but hopefully, i said hopefully... whatever!

Ooo ahh, the one using a picture of family in mourning for his own disgusting purpose just called me a piece of XXXX. I don't pretend to be neutral but at least I'm not a hypocrite who uses these kind of pictures to elicit an emotional response. Definitely lower then then lowest of low! And that's an achievement! clap2.gif

• Like 1

Didn't say the paper did it. They printed it for sure but you raise a good point. Who produced this fake and got the paper to print it? Hmm, tough one.

(Note: some sarcasm may be present)

It's not a fake photo. It is a genuine armed yellowshirt protester albeit one from 2008.

Considering the violence inflicted so far by sutheps "followers" it is academic to be discussing a mix up over a photo when there are plenty of contemporary incidents to worry about.

Someone has superimposed a picture from 2008 onto a scene from 2013 claiming the two are linked to each other. The pictures are both real, their linkage is fake. The message the pictures tries to create is fake. The picture is a fake as a single unit. It's an attempt to create a cover story for the shootings that took place on that day. I'd like to know who is responsible and what they are so desperate to cover up. Don't you?

A bit strange they didn't get mixed up with a photo of a red shirt firing a gun, wonder why.

• Like 1

Benders comments in his or hers posts remind of that rather excitable continental fellow (Austrian) who was a master at distorting the true facts concerning his origins and aims a fellow with the name of Schicklegrueber if my memory is correct. whistling.gif

No mix up at all. Deliberate photoshopping in this photograph. Deliberate attempt to deceive and set up those the govt dislikes. In effect business as usual.

Yes of course, Thai Rath is well known for it's love of all things Thaksin and would be more than willing to "frame" sutheps mob on behalf of Yinglucks caretaker government. coffee1.gif (caution: sarcasm alert)

Didn't say the paper did it. They printed it for sure but you raise a good point. Who produced this fake and got the paper to print it? Hmm, tough one.

It's not a fake photo. It is a genuine armed yellowshirt protester albeit one from 2008.

Considering the violence inflicted so far by sutheps "followers" it is academic to be discussing a mix up over a photo when there are plenty of contemporary incidents to worry about.

It was an attempt to mislead the public at a very sensitive time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There's no photoshop. Only cropped. The backgrounds are not different.

An amateur and unbelievable mistake from Thai Rath. The Nation makes lot of this mistakes almost daily tho.

An amateur and unbelievable mistake from Thai Rath. The Nation makes lot of this mistakes almost daily tho.

Unbelievable is a good word.

There are a couple of points being missed here :

1. Bender may wish to make his point on this forum - fair enough - it is a forum - BUT - it is not ever acceptable to try to win points by showing images of a family in mourning.

2. Currently the guilty party responsible for the murder has not been identified, and there is no evidence at all that the death was related to the actions of one side or the other, so even if it was acceptable to use such an image, it is at best misleading, and at worst, inflammatory.

It is quite true to say that if the political situation was stable, and there were no protests, then the people who have died would still be alive in the arms of their families.

What is not true, is to lay blame exclusively on one side or the other (excluding the actual killer/s themselves of course).

The political tensions that have brought us to the current situation are to blame - in the end, who will pay? Thai people, and the country itself. I wish for a rapid resolution to this conflict.

Thailand needs a new and clean path forward - fighting in the streets helps nobody.

• Like 1

Unbelievable is a good word.

And your post has no meaning, lol.

Looked different to me, but ok I'm wrong.

Mistake by Thai Rath? No, that was a deliberate attempt to mislead by someone on the paper. Might well be a unilateral action by a member of staff, but it was no mistake.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Looked different to me, but ok I'm wrong.

Mistake by Thai Rath? No, that was a deliberate attempt to mislead by someone on the paper. Might well be a unilateral action by a member of staff, but it was no mistake.

I agree with you, is no accident and no mistake, that's obvious. Good enough that they apologized publicly. Rare thing for this country when some mess is done.

Tons of those deliberate attempts to mislead are made anyway daily on other newspapers, not with pictures, but by words, it's same way, different mean.

This shows clearly how Thailand is not lead by people, but someone knows very well how to drive people for they own advantage.

No mix up at all. Deliberate photoshopping in this photograph. Deliberate attempt to deceive and set up those the govt dislikes. In effect business as usual.

Yes of course, Thai Rath is well known for it's love of all things Thaksin and would be more than willing to "frame" sutheps mob on behalf of Yinglucks caretaker government. coffee1.gif (caution: sarcasm alert)

You are probably right. The 6 year old pic could have just popped up into the editors screen all by itself. Photoshop could then have been turned on by mistake and the date stamp on the 2008 pic erased by somebody's pet walking across the keyboard. Well, its certainly possible.

Another, and I would say more likely scenario, is that the thoroughly biased pro cult-of-Thaksin paper decided that posting that pic would rationalize their stance. Utterly disgraceful and the editor needs a day in court and the paper sued for all it's worth. Interesting to see if there are any financial trails from abroad that coincide with this outrageous propaganda. The billions spent on perception management by Thaksin cause some strange happenings.

This evil government is unbelievable !

Well done! Straight out of the PTP Shin playbook. It's academic to discuss or complain about our lying and cheating through parliament, we come from election. We democracy can do what we want.

Don't worry about the facts. Lie. If caught lie again or try to dismiss the fact you've been caught by claiming its academic to the issue, in the people's interest or an ethical lie.

PTP - the truth Jim, but not as we know it!! 555

• Like 2