THAI Introduces Single-price Ticket Service

george

THAI introduces single-price ticket service

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI), Thailand's national flag carrier, has offered a new single-price lump sum ticket service to outbound passengers on Southeast Asian routes aimed to promote inter-country tourism in the region.

Wallop Bhukkanasut, THAI's Vice President, Sales and Distribution Department, held a press conference here on Sunday to introduce the service, calling it the company's new dimension of marketing strategy.

"By using the THAI Value Plus pre-paid card, representing the single-price lump sum ticket, THAI passengers can travel to seven cities in five member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)--from Bangkok and vice versa--during the low season this year," he revealed.

The seven cities include Vientiane in Laos, Phnom Penh in Cambodia, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, Kuala Lumpur and Penang in Malaysia and Singapore, according to Mr. Wallop.

"We expect that the specially-discounted airfare service will soon become popular among our passengers, boosting our sale figure to Bt400 million as targeted," he said.

"THAI plans to expand the service to other routes in the future," he added.

The airline's vice president noted that a similar initiative for domestic routes, launched early this year, has received an overwhelming support from THAI passengers.

--TNA 2006-05-15

I would love to know more details, athough I think they should include a Thailand Elite card in with the deal, just as sweeten it up a little.

I'd be interested to see what the pricing is for this, too. Oftentimes, these vaunted super-deals don't turn out to be much to brag about when compared to the normal pricing. Reminds me of the hotels that boast a 50% discount off their rack rates, only to find out that one can easily obtain a 60% discount on the room rates when booking through an agency. :o

Was that just a vaguely worded press release? Was it just wishful thinking, or a project of the week that won't be followed through? Call me a sceptic (but not a septic, please :o ), but it reminds me of Thai govt. announcements, not to be believed.

I hope it means cheaper flights. I've always meant to go from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang, although that trip isn't listed.

Prepaid flights

5231761.jpg

A presenter in traditional Vietnamese dress holds a ‘Thai Value Plus’ prepaid card from Thai Airways to boost low-season travel. Passengers can fly to five Southeast Asian cities on one card.

Source: The Nation - 16 May 2006