Looks Just Like His Dad!

simon43

Egads indeed! That's 9kg more than my 5 year old son :o And only 30cm taller.... and he's not overweight in the least. She must be very little. How much did she weight at 9 months pregnant?

I tend to think that Thai doctors don't explain it right about the hips thing. I don't think it's so much how big a woman's hips are, it's how the bones rotate or move during labour to allow the baby to pass through the canal. I've seen some very small, even by Thai standards, farang women who have pushed out some normal sized farang babies. I seem to remember it had more to do with the rotation in their hips than the size of their bodies.

Good luck with little guy! He'll be terrorizing small animals and playing with fire before you know it. :D

TT

Prior to getting pregnant shw weighed just over 30kg. But she was not thin - she just is very small! The doctor said that she really had to put on a lot of weight if she were not to have major problems. So right from the start of the pregancy she has been eating a lot of the right food and vitamins. Most weeks we had to visit the hospital urgently after she fainted or felt really bad! On several occasions she had to be admitted for intravenous feeds etc.

At about 6 months, the baby wanted to come out! The doctor said that the only thing she could do was not move for about 1 week, but if the baby was going to come out, then so be it and there was nothing we could do to stop it. So I superglued her to the hospital bed for 1 week!

Luckily, our baby survived this danger period and decided it was better to stay inside :o

When she gave birth, she weighed a massive 40Kg!! Now she is back to about 36KG... but both are doing very well!!

Congratulations.

My missus had 2 kids over 3 kilo and both naturally. I have found some/many doctors here just to lazy to do the job properly and they like the convenience of it. Some mothers also like the convenience of it.

Our first child took around 10 hours or more, I was in a terrible state waiting for that long.

• 5 months later...